• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rock: Officially Dead on the Airwaves of New York FM Radio; RXP is Going Talk

Phil

I actually thought RXP sucked. Maybe its because I'm just not into some of the local indie bands they seemed to play, but I just never liked their playlist. Once in a while you would get some decent classic rock and few 90s and 80s songs that you just didn't hear anymore, but overall I was let a little down.

I would listen to 1043 more often, but I can't listen to Springsteen and Billy Joel every 10 minutes even though I like them both.

I listened for those 90s tracks, which they played every so often. I tuned in to hear Green Day, STP, Alice in Chains, etc. and that's what I got, often. Yes, they played a lot of weirder indie stuff, which I just dealt with or turned the radio off or down for, but one way or another they were the only station left playing legitimate alternative rock. 104.3 is too old, and so is 102.3. I want to hear 90's rock, not the same Boston, Foreigner, etc. tracks.

Sucks that you're too far north to tap into 95.5 NJ. The Rat is a decent station.

Isn't 105.5 rock as well?

Also - iHeartRadio app - DC 101. EXCELLENT station

105.5 WDHA in Dover NJ does not get a signal in NYC, you lose its signal once you get past the Meadowlands.

I listened for those 90s tracks, which they played every so often. I tuned in to hear Green Day, STP, Alice in Chains, etc. and that's what I got, often. Yes, they played a lot of weirder indie stuff, which I just dealt with or turned the radio off or down for, but one way or another they were the only station left playing legitimate alternative rock. 104.3 is too old, and so is 102.3. I want to hear 90's rock, not the same Boston, Foreigner, etc. tracks.[/

yea I'm with you on that, and thats why I really don't listen to 104.3 anymore. Although I've noticed that in the last few years their playlist has expanded more to 90s stuff, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, etc because nobody really wants to hear Steppenwolf and Mamas and the papas anymore.

I remember when we used to have 102.7 and 92.3 and it was strictly Stones, Zeppelin, older first gen classic rock like that. Thats almost entirely gone from NY radio.

Archived