Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80

Thread: The U.S. Government is a Mess

  1. #21
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Josh, you can't actually bucket these things together and have an accurate stance. There is a stark difference between what CNN does and what Hannity/Carlson and OANN do (straight up make shit up while masquerading as reporters, or worse yet, lie with impunity).

    It's damaging to your opinion when you equate a biased fact-based space with a biased non-fact based space. That they both have bias is not the consequential item here.
    The attempt to boil this down to objective rather than subjective is unbecoming, and part of the problem, not the solution.

    There ain't a damn difference between the Don Lemons of the world and the Sean Hannitys.

  2. #22
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The attempt to boil this down to objective rather than subjective is unbecoming, and part of the problem, not the solution.

    There ain't a damn difference between the Don Lemons of the world and the Sean Hannitys.
    This is just patently untrue.

    The attempt to boil it down to "both sides lie equally", is unbecoming, and part of the problem, not the solution.

    Of course you can find inaccuracies in reporting on CNN and Fox News...But the sheer volume and absurdity of the lying on Fox is so flagrant that I can't see how any reasonable person can look at both Don Lemmon AND Hannity and say "These are just different sides of the same coin". They're not.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is just patently untrue.

    The attempt to boil it down to "both sides lie equally", is unbecoming, and part of the problem, not the solution.

    Of course you can find inaccuracies in reporting on CNN and Fox News...But the sheer volume and absurdity of the lying on Fox is so flagrant that I can't see how any reasonable person can look at both Don Lemmon AND Hannity and say "These are just different sides of the same coin". They're not.
    Purely your opinion. This isn't "water is wet". Saying it is, is really just gaslighting.

  4. #24
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34,109
    Rep Power
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Josh, you can't actually bucket these things together and have an accurate stance. There is a stark difference between what CNN does and what Hannity/Carlson and OANN do (straight up make shit up while masquerading as reporters, or worse yet, lie with impunity).

    It's damaging to your opinion when you equate a biased fact-based space with a biased non-fact based space. That they both have bias is not the consequential item here.
    Thinking there is a “right” side is worse. Think you are on the right side is the worst approach to politics anyone could have. As Frank called it, ignorant.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Junior Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,428
    Rep Power
    158

    The U.S. Government is a Mess

    While respecting everyone’s right to an opinion is right by me, equating outright lying with coloring truth to bolster one’s side of view is…geez I don’t know how to describe that other than, what, crazy? Lying. People are outright lying. Isn’t that enough to reject 99% of whatever else they have to say?

    If we are now accepting alternative facts as facts then it’s just a matter of time before there is a wholesale regime change. I do not understand the desire for authoritarian rule and wanting to be governed that way. And while R’s may be comfortable with that style today, what do you see happening to the rest of the majority of our population? Jailing? Killings? Expulsions? WatF?
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 06-13-2021 at 04:00 PM.

  6. #26
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34,109
    Rep Power
    637
    They’re all the same.

    Until you understand that, it’s not going to get better. Sorry fellas, there’s no right side.you guys accept alternative facts because you think you’re on the right side - same with the people you’re talking about.

  7. #27
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Purely your opinion. This isn't "water is wet". Saying it is, is really just gaslighting.
    Well no, it's not opinion, but it guess it's easier for you to dismiss that way.

  8. #28
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They’re all the same.

    Until you understand that, it’s not going to get better. Sorry fellas, there’s no right side.you guys accept alternative facts because you think you’re on the right side - same with the people you’re talking about.
    Fox = Alternative facts.
    CNN = Liberal commentary on actual facts.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well no, it's not opinion, but it guess it's easier for you to dismiss that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Fox = Alternative facts.
    CNN = Liberal commentary on actual facts.
    This just tells me how entrenched you are into one side.

    Also, <reinsert josh's last post>

  10. #30
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    This just tells me how entrenched you are into one side.
    pretending to be neutral doesn't make you neutral.

    Accusing people of being "entrenched" is just a little game you folks play to put people on defense.

    I align with folks who believe in science, evidence, etc. Not the folks of "stolen elections", COVID deniers, anti-vaxxers etc.
    Last edited by Pete; 06-13-2021 at 06:40 PM.

  11. #31
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34,109
    Rep Power
    637
    Stolen elections? Which year are we talking about?

  12. #32
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Stolen elections? Which year are we talking about?
    How many times do I have to remind you, if you want to have a serious debate with me, have one. I'm sure your oh so clever one-liners make you popular with your friend...but I'm not interested.

  13. #33
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34,109
    Rep Power
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Isn't it crazy that the party who stole an election from Gore and asked for foreign influence in 2016 and 2020 is worried about fraud?
    One of these 3?

  14. #34
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    pretending to be neutral doesn't make you neutral.

    Accusing people of being "entrenched" is just a little game you folks play to put people on defense.

    I align with folks who believe in science, evidence, etc. Not the folks of "stolen elections", COVID deniers, anti-vaxxers etc.
    Ah, yes, the "if you're not hard left you must be hard right". Because, obviously, the left is all facts and everyone else is not

    This thread wasn't even made with intent to have some discussion about what's wrong. It was just another spot to rant about Trump, the morally bankrupt Republicans, and all the stuff they get away with, while the moral Democrats' only sin is they are too nice and let them get away with it.

  15. #35
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    One of these 3?
    Which 2 were actually proven to happen, vs not.

    Let me do the math for you.

    There was no voter fraud in 2020.

    Trump asked for foreign assistance in 2016 and 2020. Already proven.

    Gore chose to withdraw his appeal, but he won.

    This stuff isn't hard.
    Last edited by Pete; 06-13-2021 at 07:45 PM.

  16. #36
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Ah, yes, the "if you're not hard left you must be hard right". Because, obviously, the left is all facts and everyone else is not

    This thread wasn't even made with intent to have some discussion about what's wrong. It was just another spot to rant about Trump, the morally bankrupt Republicans, and all the stuff they get away with, while the moral Democrats' only sin is they are too nice and let them get away with it.
    I didn't say anything about being hard anything. But you're clearly "entrenched" on the right. I didn't say it made you QAnon.

    I think you're projecting your own tendencies on others.

    That said, of you're not down with the intent of the thread, no one is forcing you to post in it.

  17. #37
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34,109
    Rep Power
    637
    I guess I’m supposed to announce that I’m “taking my ball and going home” or “running away after saying a one liner with no evidence” when there’s nothing to add. You say it’s me trying to not discuss, when in fact I’m a select few willing to discuss all sorts of opinions. Oh well, I’ll let you guys get back to the circle jerk.

  18. #38
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    84,573
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I guess I’m supposed to announce that I’m “taking my ball and going home” or “running away after saying a one liner with no evidence” when there’s nothing to add. You say it’s me trying to not discuss, when in fact I’m a select few willing to discuss all sorts of opinions. Oh well, I’ll let you guys get back to the circle jerk.
    What you do in these threads isn't discussion.

    That's why it's comical to me that conservatives here cry "oppression". I've been infracted, numerous times, for things the same kinds of posts I see coming from you and others... Because "more is required" in this section.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...as-ncna1270502

    CNN, all about facts with just some liberal commentary, never ran with this gem did they? LOL

    They are every bit as bad as Fox News. They make shit up all the time.

    Until there's recognition that nobody and no media is actually on the people's side, there's no progress or conversation to be had.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Junior Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,347
    Rep Power
    389
    Also: in before anyone's "they were just reporting what a 'source' told them", as a way to absolve them of reporting on a lie.
    Last edited by rmc51; 06-13-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •