Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rangers, Jackets Could Battle Over Gallant

Senior Member Squirt Division Lord Al's Avatar
    Last edited by Lord Al; 06-10-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Went with the ole $250k/year option.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Went with the ole $250k/year option.
    going to be a throw away season for CBJ anyways, especially if Seth Jones is traded prior to it

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Guess this thread is done lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Haha change it to battle with the Kraken and it can continue.

Senior Member Junior Division
    No matter who our next coach is, we need the players who will play the kind of game we clamour for. See last nightís Isles v. Boston? Yeah coaching. But YEAH players. NYR are not either of those teams. Not yet.

Senior Member Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    No matter who our next coach is, we need the players who will play the kind of game we clamor for. See last night’s Isles v. Boston? Yeah, coaching. But YEAH players. NYR are not either of those teams. Not yet.
    It feels like we lack that extra gear that can make teams great.
    It's not personal, it's strictly business

Senior Member Midget Division
    We definitely do. This team is pretty set (and will get better) with skill, now they just need much more will...or any will, really.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    We have the gears, 02...we just need that off road 4x4 transmission!!!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Which is fine itís all part of the process. You get talent first, teach it to win and then add depth. Depending on what drury does this off season this team is still at least 2 years from being a legit playoff team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    Which is fine it’s all part of the process. You get talent first, teach it to win and then add depth. Depending on what drury does this off season this team is still at least 2 years from being a legit playoff team.

It is definitely going to be a process, but I'd be ok sacrificing the next 2 seasons for a 10 year run being a perennial contender for the cup, Nashty!

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    If you believe you are still 2 years away from competing, you can't trade away any of the kids or prospects. You'll need entry-level contracts. Plus, who knows what someone like Eichel vs Kakko looks like in 2 seasons.

I think Drury is going to set them up to take a big step forward this season, adding that leadership and muscle. But complimentary pieces, not a big fish. After next season, they'll have a better idea of what they'll have in Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, Kravtsov, etc. That offseason, Strome and Zibanejad are up for contracts. I think that's when you determine if you need a big piece to add.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If you believe you are still 2 years away from competing, you can't trade away any of the kids or prospects. You'll need entry-level contracts. Plus, who knows what someone like Eichel vs Kakko looks like in 2 seasons.

I think Drury is going to set them up to take a big step forward this season, adding that leadership and muscle. But complimentary pieces, not a big fish. After next season, they'll have a better idea of what they'll have in Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, Kravtsov, etc. That offseason, Strome and Zibanejad are up for contracts. I think that's when you determine if you need a big piece to add.
    Theyíre def going to try to rush the process. I donít agree with it but I understand it.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    They’re def going to try to rush the process. I don’t agree with it but I understand it.

I dont think it is rushing anything. I feel like step 1 was the fire sale. Step 2 was the acquisition of young talent. Step 3 was the signings of Panarin and Trouba as leaders on the front and back end. Step 4 was our luck with the 1st and 2nd overall draft picks. The final step is adding the character and leadership to take this team to a championship. There may be hiccups on the way but we are certainly competing for playoffs next year with some tactical moves this summer. I think this team becomes a perennial contender after this year and may even surprise and take a HUGE step forward this season. I dont think we have two more throw aways, not with this team and all of the things done right through out this rebuild. They did it right and imo are continuing to do so by changing management to take this next step.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

Probably, but Eichel won't wait. Or the Sabres won't. They want to end this soon. They're not bringing him back, so if you punt on this call, you punt on Eichel entirely. He'll end up in Minnesota or wherever else, guaranteed.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Probably, but Eichel won't wait. Or the Sabres won't. They want to end this soon. They're not bringing him back, so if you punt on this call, you punt on Eichel entirely. He'll end up in Minnesota or wherever else, guaranteed.
    Fine with me, honestly. I don't really see the need for a center like everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, If we get Eichel I'll probably sell myself on it and get hyped, but right now I don't think a major splash is necessary.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    At this point, I'm willing to let an injured organizational cancer go elsewhere over giving up a top prospect.

Now, if it's a Trouba-like trade, I'll re-evaluate.

I mean, it's not like the Rangers need to add talent... as weird as that is saying about a top center in the NHL.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Fine with me, honestly. I don't really see the need for a center like everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, If we get Eichel I'll probably sell myself on it and get hyped, but right now I don't think a major splash is necessary.
    I think they need a center, just not specifically an Eichel-like center. I think they need a rock-solid third-line center in the vein of Jordan Staal. Oozing in leadership and work ethic with actual scoring upside.

At this point, I'm willing to let an injured organizational cancer go elsewhere over giving up a top prospect.

Now, if it's a Trouba-like trade, I'll re-evaluate.

I mean, it's not like the Rangers need to add talent... as weird as that is saying about a top center in the NHL.
    Sure, I'm good with it, too. I don't think they need Eichel either. I'm just saying, this particular player will 100% not be available if you punt.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Well...this thread's done!

I gotta say....if I had a dollar every time Uncle Larry got one of these right, I'd have.....oh yeah, I'd be collecting bottles and cans!!

I think they need a center, just not specifically an Eichel-like center. I think they need a rock-solid third-line center in the vein of Jordan Staal. Oozing in leadership and work ethic with actual scoring upside.

Sure, I'm good with it, too. I don't think they need Eichel either. I'm just saying, this particular player will 100% not be available if you punt.
    Well, yes. I agree with that 100% "Don't need a center" was a poor choice of words. They don't need a 10m dollar center.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789