Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 06-15-2021 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Thread Prefix
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Nah. Not sure what he brings that we don't already have except possible off ice problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Nah. Not sure what he brings that we don't already have except possible off ice problems.
    Swagger.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    It's hard to find a center out there that would actually make us worse on face-offs, but this is one. Doesn't improve anything we actually need to improve, which is size, toughness and draws. So I'd say no. Hertl should still be the top trade target.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Swagger.
    You can find swagger for less than 7.8 million dollars.

How does Hertl address any of these things? He's not tough. He's basically the same size as Kuznetsov — just an inch taller.

He'd be a legitimate upgrade on Strome, but at what cost?
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

That can reinvent your top-six? Doubtful.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

That can reinvent your top-six? Doubtful.
    Again, I'm not sure why the top six has to be "reinvented." It's pretty fucking good. I feel like we're all looking in the wrong direction for additions. It's the bottom 6 that needs to be reinvented, possibly with players that can play up when the game script calls for it.

How does Hertl address any of these things? He's not tough. He's basically the same size as Kuznetsov — just an inch taller.

He'd be a legitimate upgrade on Strome, but at what cost?
    He's got an inch and 10 lbs on him, but more importantly he wins 55% of his face-offs, which is one of the best in the league, as opposed to Kuznetsov winning 41%, one of the worst. That makes him a non-starter for this team.

He's also 2 years older, makes more money, scored less over the past 2 years, and has off ice issues.

OK, yes to all of this, but he's not "tough." He doesn't even begin to address the issue of toughness IMO. He's effectively a bigger version of Strome with better face-off numbers.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Absolutely not. I don't care how talented he is. He's been a bad enough influence around Samsonov. I don't want him around Shesterkin and Kravtsov.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Didn't Hertl have a bunch of knee issues? Hm. He does play a good game. Likes to go to the net

Again, I'm not sure why the top six has to be "reinvented." It's pretty fucking good. I feel like we're all looking in the wrong direction for additions. It's the bottom 6 that needs to be reinvented, possibly with players that can play up when the game script calls for it.
    No, it's pretty talented. It's not good, because it's not designed to win in the playoffs. That's why it should be reinvented. It's why we've talked about guys like Matt Tkachuk for weeks.

They're built to score highlight reel regular season goals and then get snuffed out in four easy games come every postseason.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

OK, yes to all of this, but he's not "tough." He doesn't even begin to address the issue of toughness IMO. He's effectively a bigger version of Strome with better face-off numbers.
    I didn't say he was tough, I think he's our center fix. In my personal offseason plan it would include trading for both Hertl and Greenway. Greenway brings size and toughness. I'd give up pretty much whatever picks and prospects necessary outside of the untouchables.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    I didn't say he was tough, I think he's our center fix. In my personal offseason plan it would include trading for both Hertl and Greenway. Greenway brings size and toughness. I'd give up pretty much whatever picks and prospects necessary outside of the untouchables.
    I mean, you literally suggested him immediately after talking about how they need to improve "size, toughness and draws." I drew the logical conclusion that you think he improves them, which he only kind of does (on draws and sort of on size).

But I'd be down with both. Greenway, specifically, changes a ton. He's exactly the kind of play-me-anywhere player who can make a huge difference in the playoffs where he can slot up to give a top-six line an element it needs to win tighter, more physical games.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

If J.T. Miller is truly on the outs in Vancouver then he should be their guy. Two more years left at $5.25M. He can fill in at center or wing depending on what they need. He's taken faceoffs in Vancouver and then slid back to the wing after, he could do the same here as a RW for Panarin and Strome. Chytil+ for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    If J.T. Miller is truly on the outs in Vancouver then he should be their guy. Two more years left at $5.25M. He can fill in at center or wing depending on what they need. He's taken faceoffs in Vancouver and then slid back to the wing after, he could do the same here as a RW for Panarin and Strome. Chytil+ for him.
    He's a career LW. How many meaningful minutes has he played at center? Same problem as Tkachuk, Foligno, etc. etc. All these guys play the left side, which is completely nailed down.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I mean, you literally suggested him immediately after talking about how they need to improve "size, toughness and draws." I drew the logical conclusion that you think he improves them, which he only kind of does (on draws and sort of on size).

But I'd be down with both. Greenway, specifically, changes a ton. He's exactly the kind of play-me-anywhere player who can make a huge difference in the playoffs where he can slot up to give a top-six line an element it needs to win tighter, more physical games.
    Oh well I meant the if we switch a center for Strome then he needs to improve at least one of those weaknesses and I didn't see Kuznetsov improving any. I think Greenway is the bigger add if I had to choose one I could live with getting Greenway and sticking with Strome. I think it pretty obviously means Buchnevich doesn't stay here unless the package for him centers around Kravtsov. I could see either being appealing to Minnesota building around their own young Russian superstar in Kaprizov. Buch would explode paying RW with him.

Greenway has obvious connections here, not just with Drury, but now with Mike Grier knowing him and having coached in several prospect games at BU.

He's a career LW. How many meaningful minutes has he played at center? Same problem as Tkachuk, Foligno, etc. etc. All these guys play the left side, which is completely nailed down.
    He's been back at center for the majority of this season and is second among all Vancouver centers in draws over the last two seasons.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    I’d be all over JT Miller. If he’s an option, I’d prefer him over Hertl too. No way for Kuz. Would not touch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast