Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan O'Reilly

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

Ryan O'Reilly

Same reasons as I suggested him in the past. Forget Eichel. Deal Chytil + and get O'Reilly. Ultimate competitor. Elite top-six center. Oodles of character/grit.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 06-15-2021 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Thread Prefix
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Same reasons as I suggested him in the past. Forget Eichel. Deal Chytil + and get O'Reilly. Ultimate competitor. Elite top-six center. Oodles of character/grit.

Literally zero chance STL trades him.

P/G center who's a Selke Candidate, just names Captain in a city he just won the Cup in, only 30 and signed to a "reasonable" $7.5AAV. I say "only" 30 because of how great a shape he's in and how hard he plays without playing a style that will break his own body own.
    Last edited by Pete; 05-16-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Oodles of character/grit, yes, but also oodles of "STL not gonna trade him"

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Like others have said, I highly doubt the Blues deal him.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Well, they should really find the next guy like this.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Chytil's trade value is falling by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    It better not be. 21 year old kids who get .5 P/G on only 13 min a game with no PP time don't grow on trees. He gets unnecessarily bashed around here.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    No thanks, 30 years old and only two years left on his contract.
    This guy is built to win now.
    We aren’t there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well, they should really find the next guy like this.
    I mean, I’m sure just about every single team in the league would like to.

Doubt he's available. They'd deal Tarasenko before they deal him.

Does he have a lot left in the tank anyway? His frame would suggest he's about to break down with the way he plays. Then again he didn't seem go all out for 3 years in Buffalo, so the mileage on him can be prorated to a 28 year old lol.

Where does he play? Are they also dealing Strome or Zibanejad?

Definitely interested that type of player. Sam Bennett would have been a solid get if they had a spot for him ( I don't think he'd want to play 3rd line minutes here, as that was his gripe in Calgary).

I guess the Rangers have to set their sites super high and do a major blockbuster overpaying for Tkachuk, deal Zibanejad if they want Eichel, or look a tier below Bennett for a guy that knows he's only going to be a 3rd line center. Making room for such a player is the issue, unless you give the empty spot opposite Panarin to Chytil, which actually doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Where he goes on the ice would mesh well with Strome and Panarin. Yet, so would Buchnevich, Kakko or Kravstov. Or are we looking to add muscle here in that spot? Lmso, the Rangers really have some tough decisions to make this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    No it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    We aren’t there yet.

I think everyone’s gonna have to get over the “30 year olds are trash” mindset. We’re gonna be bringing in a few.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I think everyone’s gonna have to get over the “30 year olds are trash” mindset. We’re gonna be bringing in a few.
    Which is fine. Just don’t pay them exorbitantly for a number of years. Keep deals short and don’t have old players in key roles.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    It better not be. 21 year old kids who get .5 P/G on only 13 min a game with no PP time don't grow on trees. He gets unnecessarily bashed around here.
    I don't think it's bashing. He just isn't good enough to supplant the top 2 centers on the team. All he'll ever be is a 13 minute no PP guy... Unless he moves to wing and there are currently no wing slots open.

He's just a guy with no role right now if you want to change the physicality of your team. You'd have hoped a guy as dynamic as he is would make you force him into trying him higher in the lineup. He hasn't done it.

Make it or see ‘ya year for Chytil IMO. He’s crafty for sure and the puck remains on his stick in some seriously tight spaces. I have to see him make some progress a-la-Buch to consider keeping him beyond next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think it's bashing. He just isn't good enough to supplant the top 2 centers on the team. All he'll ever be is a 13 minute no PP guy... Unless he moves to wing and there are currently no wing slots open.

He's just a guy with no role right now if you want to change the physicality of your team. You'd have hoped a guy as dynamic as he is would make you force him into trying him higher in the lineup. He hasn't done it.
    Not sure if you meant just here or if you meant anywhere. If anywhere, I think it's way too early to say that. He's only 21 (3 months older than Kravtsov, who just got here, to put it in perspective). If here, then probably as long as Zibanejad and Strome are here. I would not be surprised at all if Chytil is a PPG player in his prime, wherever that may be. This was the first year he looked more like an adult on the ice and not a pushover kid. He was much stronger on his skates. He just didn't get many advantageous (PP in particular) opportunities. Quinn failed him and a couple of other young players in that regard.

I pretty much agree that he isn't a fit on the club at this time though, especially with a new coach and new playoff mandate next season, but I like him and I'm pretty sure if we move him the day will come where we will shake our heads and say we can't believe we traded him. We better have a new Cup banner in the rafters by then.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Not sure if you meant just here or if you meant anywhere. If anywhere, I think it's way too early to say that. He's only 21 (3 months older than Kravtsov, who just got here, to put it in perspective). If here, then probably as long as Zibanejad and Strome are here. I would not be surprised at all if Chytil is a PPG player in his prime, wherever that may be. This was the first year he looked more like an adult on the ice and not a pushover kid. He was much stronger on his skates. He just didn't get many advantageous (PP in particular) opportunities. Quinn failed him and a couple of other young players in that regard.

I pretty much agree that he isn't a fit on the club at this time though, especially with a new coach and new playoff mandate next season, but I like him and I'm pretty sure if we move him the day will come where we will shake our heads and say we can't believe we traded him. We better have a new Cup banner in the rafters by then.
    Yea, I meant here.

Could be a Doug Weight situation.

I'm also not subscribing to that Quinn narrative, but also don't want to keep debating that.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I actually think Chytil makes sense as a wing more than some of the other guys that we think are locks to stay. His speed and size is at a different pace than anyone of the other kids. He isn't a distributor or a very good defensive player so moving him to the wing would help him. Simplifying what you ask of him would also pay dividends. Straight line and fast should be pounded into his head with the eyes for the net. I think he could be a great wing and a player that could easily be a first line wing. His toughness concerns me but maybe just some age would fix some of that. I do think he's a goner but I do think we will regret it. The wing transfer is obvious to me and some smart organization will unlock that.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That bolded is the part that bothers me most.

I get why he's not on PP1 - that's clear. I really wish he just found a way to force himself up the lineup even a bit. And yeah, sure, Strome elevated his game, we're thin down the middle, and it's not like he was going to be given a shot at wing without some center stability in the bottom 6 - but it's disappointing that he couldn't at least push Strome. Or at least, disappointing enough that he couldn't push fucking Blackwell.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    We aren’t there yet.

I think we need to get our heads around the idea that, with the events of the last few weeks, the organization is no longer in rebuild mode. You can agree or disagree with it, but I'm fairly certain this team is going to make win now moves this offseason.
    They'll be hiring a coach with Stanley Cup pedigree and they'll be buyers, probably aggressively so. They'll be dealing from the prospect pool to get players in that makes them competitive immediately.
    If O'Reilly was gettable I think they'd be very interested.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast