Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Offseason Thread: New Year, Same Problems

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    You need to upgrade on what they bring.

It’s a soft team as is.
    The team lacks leadership

Getting rid of your only, big physical-ish players, and your only players close to leaders, is a recipe for disaster.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You need to upgrade on what they bring.

It’s a soft team as is.
    The team lacks leadership

Getting rid of your only, big physical-ish players, and your only players close to leaders, is a recipe for disaster.
    Trade Kreider. Sign Ovechkin for 2 years.

They have 2 seasons before they have to worry about cap. Just don't fuck it up. I still don't see a realistic move worth moving Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Schneider, Lundkvist...
    Even Chytil, as much as I've been down on him, he's on a comparable trajectory than Hertl.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Would someone like Josh Archibald be of interest? He will be a UFA next year, has a cap hit of $1.5 Million for the year. But, he’s like a torpedo. He hits, he can skate, he doesn’t have the biggest size but he gets involved in a big way. He was 5th in the league in hits this past year. He won 50% of the faceoffs he took, but can also play right wing. He seems like someone who could be a fit here as an energy guy and change of pace type player in the bottom-6, depending on what Edmonton may want for him in his walk year.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    After watching Isles Bruins or the Vegas series I seriously sat there thinking how many Rangers could play well in a series like that. I think I could count them on 1 hand and that's being generous. The Isles are just loaded with playoff style guys. They maybe to far on the other end of the spectrum meaning they are missing some talent but shit do they have guys built for playoff hockey.
    Not to beat a dead horse but if I'm looking at UFAs I'm looking at Danault, Goodrow, Coleman, Ritchie Paquette, Kuraly, etc.

Other players I would see if I could pry in a trade is Miles Wood, Adam Lowry, Mason Marchment, Colton Sissons, Tage Thompson, Brandon Tanev, Lucic, Lawson Crouse Greenway, Ryan Hartman, Timo Meier, Brayden Schenn, Sammy Blais, Nicolas Roy, Chandler Stevenson, Will Carrier, Ryan Reeves, Keegan Kolesar

I love everything about Miles Woods game. He’s fast, he hits, he has talent, he’s feisty. I wonder if NJ would trade him here, but he would be a wonderful pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    I love everything about Miles Woods game. He’s fast, he hits, he has talent, he’s feisty. I wonder if NJ would trade him here, but he would be a wonderful pickup.
    Yup would they take Buch for him? I think they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Yup would they take Buch for him? I think they would.
    If NJ were ever willing to do that straight up, I would definitely do it.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Miles Wood one seaon over 30 points. Buch one season under 40 points. Seems like a fair deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wood has speed, loves to hit and doesn’t have hands of stone. Have to give to get. If NJ ever offered Wood for Buchnevich, I take that deal everyday of the week. And I like Buchnevich. But Wood fills a huge hole.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Miles Wood one seaon over 30 points. Buch one season under 40 points. Seems like a fair deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    They would deliver Wood here in a split second. Heck no imo, that a terrible trade. Wood's hockey IQ maybe one of the lowest in the division and his skating is not good at best. Wood isn't close to Buch when it comes to talent level.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 06-13-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Isn’t NJ regretting the Wood contract? Am I thinking of the wrong person?

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Wood has speed, loves to hit and doesn’t have hands of stone. Have to give to get. If NJ ever offered Wood for Buchnevich, I take that deal everyday of the week. And I like Buchnevich. But Wood fills a huge hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I’m legitimately crying laughing right now. I can’t believe I missed that when I wrote it. Lmao!

Did we hire a coach yet? Dafuq.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    They would deliver Wood here in a split second. Heck no imo, that a terrible trade. Wood's hockey IQ maybe one of the lowest in the division and his skating is not good at best. Wood isn't close to Buch when it comes to talent level.
    You lost me at saying his skating is not good at best. Saying that says you know nothing of Miles Wood.

All signs pointed to getting Matt Martin last year. Imagine if that happened. This convo would be quite different. Would've been a step in the right direction that they are trying to take now. Hopefully.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    They've tried at and failed so secure multiple big presence players in recent years including Martin and Reaves.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They've tried at and failed so secure multiple big presence players in recent years including Martin and Reaves.

I've wanted him on the Rangers for a while now. I hope we try again after his contract is up after this season. I doubt he'd leave Vegas though.

I'd have taken Matt Martin in his stead though....both can play a good 4th line role and mix it up pretty well.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I've wanted him on the Rangers for a while now. I hope we try again after his contract is up after this season. I doubt he'd leave Vegas though.

I'd have taken Matt Martin in his stead though....both can play a good 4th line role and mix it up pretty well.
    Hey Ozzy, Reaves has another year left on his deal w/Vegas after after this one.

Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast