Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Could Be the New York Rangers New Head Coach?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    How good are you as a psychologist because if we're going off team needs...
    Letís just say I can make things interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Nope. Kind of starting to wonder if Quinn was reaching over the top about the roster construction, and I wouldn't blame him. Interesting.

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Don't think it'll be Drury's call (behind closed doors anyway) if Quinn stays or gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Don't think it'll be Drury's call (behind closed doors anyway) if Quinn stays or gets fired.
    Named President and GM and it's not his call? FOH.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Named President and GM and it's not his call? FOH.
    Given the events of today, I think he's just going to be a puppet President/GM for Dolan. So no I don't think it'll be his call, if Dolan thinks this team is still "underperforming" into next season, wouldn't be surprised if he calls for a coaching change.
    As for that tweet, all I read into it is underlining a well known friendship between Quinn and Drury. If you think it's implying he's secure in his job, then I think you're reading too much into it. And I personally doubt Quinn himself is feeling that comfortable about his position.

When Quinn turned the Rangers down, Drury, not Gorton, did a full-court press to get him signed. If you think that highlighting how close their relationship is isn't a signal/vote of confidence, I think you're reading right past it.

I'm not saying he's safe, I'm saying I'm less convinced he's not.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Oh I don't disagree that they're close so no I'm not reading past anything, and I'm sure Drury would lobby hard to retain him even if things start rocky next season, I'm just saying I don't think Drury will have that much of a say in whether he stays/goes (as stated in my previous post).

In fact, some of Quinn's other remarks to Walker tonight indicate that he himself wouldn't be too surprised if they were to make a coaching change. I guess time will tell...

So they sat down "all day" and talked about everything but coaching, but he's expected to be fired still? Not seeing it.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Lord Al's Avatar
    I Think theyíll get a fresh voice behind the bench

Didn't say he was expected to be fired. But you sounded pretty confident he's not purely based on his relationship and talk with Drury. Whereas, like I stated in my previous post, regardless of their obviously close relationship, my personal opinion is that Drury's not going to be in much of a position to decide if he stays/goes.

I just don't agree. He's running the show. It's his call.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

And I do hope you're right Phil, that Chris gets the independence and authority to drive this ship now that he's been given the responsibility. But after the events of today and reading some of the back stories, I'm just leery of how trigger happy Dolan is going to get next season if he feels we're "underperforming" again.

Sure, but that means running over another President/GM. He'll do it if he wants, but that's not equal to suggesting Drury is a token figure.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Dolan probably not a fan of Quinn saying essentially "we were all happy with where we are" I assume he meant in the process. It's exactly the opposite of how Dolan feels and what reportedly cost Gorton and JD their jobs. I wonder if that's going to be an issue going forward where Dolan insists on a change.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Here's his actual quote to clarify.

@SWhyno: #NYR coach David Quinn: "(Jeff Gorton) will certainly land on his feet, that's for sure. He's a hell of a hockey guy and a great person, as is (John Davidson). We all felt good about what we've done up to this point." Says he has good relationship with Chris Drury.

Who Could Be the New York Rangers New Head Coach?

I donít think Torts is in the cards. He was unceremoniously punted by management/Dolan after a 2nd round loss. Between Dolan not being keen on it and Torts probably not wanting to deal with Dolan again, I canít see it happening. I think it remains to be seen S to who is net depending on who gets let go after the season.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    What if Dolan just makes Drury coach too?

Like all three spots, no assistants.

He could do it I think.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    What if Dolan just makes Drury coach too?

Like all three spots, no assistants.

He could do it I think.
    As I saw the other day, why even bother with coaches at all? Just do some video after games. Practice? Who cares!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I guess a grittier roster fits Quinnís style better, so I guess Drury will be making moves over the summer

Weíll see if a roster built in a way aligned by the GM and coach is an improvement, or if Quinn is just a bad coach who canít maximize his talent and adjust his system to fit the players he has

If you remember Cash or Czech?, do you remember my password?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast