Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Hahahahaha!!!!

What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What no one is mentioning, along with the punch to Buch's head with face on ice, is the stick propped up under his neck that Wilson pushes Buch's head down trying to snap his neck over the stick, serious disregard for a fellow hockey player.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    I am no longer against Mason Geersten being called up.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Does that mean he cannot get suspended ? Also, if it's in the CBA isn't this what the NHLPA wanted ?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Thatís it? What a joke

Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Not sure how you came to $22k, but you got the language right. So another winner!
    So TBH I didn't read the whole thing, I just read a snippet last night. So I took Wilson's daily salary and cut it by 50%. I didn't read the part w/o exceeding $10000, etc.....since when I googled it only the first part I saw.

How much money does a Player forfeit when fined?

Players may be fined up to 50% of one day's average salary without exceeding $10,000 for the first fine and $15,000 for any subsequent fines within a 12 month calendar period.

https://www.nhl.com/news/player-safe...s/c-738846#q10

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    It was the right punishment.

Stupid league
    Its time to retaliate ,don't the rangers play the caps one more time ,if the league doesn't take action the Rangers should ,there more than one way to do it,if he wants tons the Dave Shultz of the era and the league doesn't police him,teams are going to have go, hurt their skill players ,ortry to hurt Wilson

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...her-discipline

And that's that folks:

Wilson will not have a hearing for throwing Rangers star Artemi Panarin to the ice in the ensuing scrum.

The NHL focused on three factors in assessing supplemental discipline for Wilson. The first was his fall on Buchnevich in the crease, which the league felt wasn't egregious and that Wilson didn't drive down on Buchnevich's neck with his stick.

The second was Wilson's gloved punch to the back of Buchnevich's head while the Rangers player was on the ice. The force and location of the punch were a consideration; ultimately, the league considered the incident to be commonplace within the context of a scrum around the net, but worthy of a fine.

When it came to Wilson throwing Panarin to the ice, the league also felt it was commonplace when players engage during a scrum. Wilson didn't seek out Panarin to assail him. Panarin jumped on Wilson's back to pull him away from Strome, and Wilson responded by throwing him to the ice twice. The NHL did not find ample evidence that Wilson pulled Panarin down to the ice by his hair, which was a popular theory on social media on Monday night.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

A suspension doesn't fix their bruised ego.

When the games get physical, the Rangers cower and lose. It happened last season. It's really been obvious in the last three games. It's not these players fault, but it's clear they need some new guys in here that can play with the big boys.

If you consider the 2 points in the standings could mean a few more home playoff games, worth $5000, and easily.

//reported BSBH Prospect
    The NHL did not find ample evidence that Wilson pulled Panarin down to the ice by his hair, which was a popular theory on social media on Monday night.
    Took me about 6 seconds to find...

#imthebadguy

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Wow. They go through great and wordy lengths to marginalize an incident that was borderline from resulting in an extremely serious injury.

It's like saying, oh yeah we found that suspect only casually jabbed his knife at the victim but didn't actually stab the victim in a critical spot therefore we find the suspect to be innocent of any egregious wrongdoing and will let him go.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I am no longer against Mason Geersten being called up.
    ............ Lol

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    This article is a sugarcoating of what happened(no surprise since ESPN is back in bed with the NHL now). It makes no reference to him grabbing Panarinís hair(which the NHL is FOS saying they couldnít find evidence, itís all over the net), which is what made it so dangerous as Panarin had little to no control of his head at that point. If Panarinís body doesnít turn making him hit shoulder first, he would be in a coma or dead today.

Seems the league will wait for something like that to happen, to finally get seriousÖ maybe.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 05-04-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

When the games get physical, the Rangers cower and lose. It happened last season. It's really been obvious in the last three games. It's not these players fault, but it's clear they need some new guys in here that can play with the big boys.
    This is the correct takeaway IMO.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

Badly.

The Rangers were up 3-2. Wilson abused an entire line. They lost 6-3.

Halfway through the first period, 0-0 still, Trouba gets clobbered by Martin. Rangers lose 6-1.

These are just two of the most recent examples. This happens all the time. If you get in their face, they shrink faster than Costanza in the pool.

It's why I started the homogeneity thread. It has to change.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Go Blue's Avatar
    It was just players wrestling NHL offices have said

Next time Wilson skates behind the net the goaltender should swing his ax as they did in the old days and compound fracture that MF legs

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Geertsen and Rueschhoff on the same line today.
    (Game just started)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast