Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 164

Thread: Artemi Panarin Suffers Lower-Body Injury; Out for Remainder of Season

  1. #141
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,934
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I agree. I don't see what the problem is in acknowledging that the team had a little more attitude and grit when DeAngelo was in it. But just the mere mention of his name is triggering. It's basically synonymous with Voldemort at this point.
    Because they didn't. They got crushed in their first six games, save for one game where he sat and we blanked the Isles.

    I don't understand why he comes up in toughness conversations. It's just bait and switch thinking.

  2. #142
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,231
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    potentially.

    I still say you take out a teammate of his. You target the shit out of a guy like Carlson. And every time, you let the entire Caps bench know why their best Dman will be injured for the playoffs.
    If Kreider dresses, you have him run their goalie. Like RUN him.

  3. #143
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,231
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    This may seem silly, but something I've seen in the past, both in the NHL and on teams I was on, is when you're getting trucked, and you have no obvious immediate response available, Quinn should have been up Laviolettes dick. Put that behavior on the other coach.

    I didn't see any bench action, maybe it happened, but they didn't show anything. If I were Quinn I would have went ballistic on Laviolette, even if they're friends.
    I was thinking something like this and it sucks because I think Laviolette is a really good coach and I'm pissed the Rangers just seem to miss the boat every time he becomes available. But you need to have some words with the other bench here in this situation.

  4. #144
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,231
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I agree. I don't see what the problem is in acknowledging that the team had a little more attitude and grit when DeAngelo was in it. But just the mere mention of his name is triggering. It's basically synonymous with Voldemort at this point.
    My point isn't even anything to do with DeAngelos "grit". Just that the Rangers want a neutered, team of good guys. DeAngelo wouldn't have made a difference in.this situation.

    The teams and management's mindset of keeping it clean and focusing on being the good guy and least controversial by not playing with emotion is seriously where I was going with my point. More worried about some classy reputation than they are with building a team that can compete in different ways, including when it can get edgy.

  5. #145
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,831
    Rep Power
    274

  6. #146
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,231
    Rep Power
    104
    Tom Wilson's suspensions

    "Tom Wilson NHL discipline history: Fines, suspensions, other hits" https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2021/05/04...ther-hits/amp/

    2017- Blues, whom had nobody edgy to deter Wilson.

    2018- playoffs against the Blue Jackets, and Penguins. Neither had anyone to really counter him. In the finals he got what was coming to him as Ryan Reeves returned the favor after Wilson took a shot at Marchessault.

    He ran a guy that following preseason against the Blues again.

    Early this year he took out Carlo, which im surprised didn't initiate the other piece of shit in the league..

    So, it's not like he has had to have ANY fear of retaliation and when he did, he got it, except against the Bruins, but let's see if that plays out in the playoffs or the final game of their season to set any kind of playoff tone.

  7. #147
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,934
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Tom Wilson's suspensions

    "Tom Wilson NHL discipline history: Fines, suspensions, other hits" https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2021/05/04...ther-hits/amp/

    2017- Blues, whom had nobody edgy to deter Wilson.

    2018- playoffs against the Blue Jackets, and Penguins. Neither had anyone to really counter him. In the finals he got what was coming to him as Ryan Reeves returned the favor after Wilson took a shot at Marchessault.

    He ran a guy that following preseason against the Blues again.

    Early this year he took out Carlo, which im surprised didn't initiate the other piece of shit in the league..

    So, it's not like he has had to have ANY fear of retaliation and when he did, he got it, except against the Bruins, but let's see if that plays out in the playoffs or the final game of their season to set any kind of playoff tone.
    Or, and here's an idea, maybe Tom Wilson shouldn't need a deterrent to behave like a goddamn grown ass man and not play like a dirt bag.

    The Rangers were asking for it because they weren't well defensed enough. Good god. This wasn't a hockey play.

  8. #148
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,447
    Rep Power
    382
    Just rewatched it and still don’t even think Wilson did that much except be a man among boys. Why is Panarin out for the last four games? Broken pride?

  9. #149
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    576
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Or, and here's an idea, maybe Tom Wilson shouldn't need a deterrent to behave like a goddamn grown ass man and not play like a dirt bag.

    The Rangers were asking for it because they weren't well defensed enough. Good god. This wasn't a hockey play.
    I was going to say the same thing. Maybe Wilson shouldnít be a piece of shit and shouldnít look to hurt people in the first place.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    If you remember Cash or Czech?, do you remember my password?

  10. #150
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,198
    Rep Power
    459
    I dunno, looks like a lot of other plays I've seen watching hockey over the years. Happened in a hockey game. Altered the course of a hockey game. What's the bar for a "Hockey Play"? Who is the arbiter of that?

  11. #151
    Senior Member Squirt Division Dr. Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    potentially.

    I still say you take out a teammate of his. You target the shit out of a guy like Carlson. And every time, you let the entire Caps bench know why their best Dman will be injured for the playoffs.
    Just look at the bench and say "Wilson did this..."

  12. #152
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,572
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I dunno, looks like a lot of other plays I've seen watching hockey over the years. Happened in a hockey game. Altered the course of a hockey game. What's the bar for a "Hockey Play"? Who is the arbiter of that?
    Punching a guy laying on the ice from behind has never been a "hockey play". Neither has throwing people without a helmet head first to ice with full force.

    I dont see how that's so hard to understand.

  13. #153
    #68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Karan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    10,643
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Just rewatched it and still don’t even think Wilson did that much except be a man among boys. Why is Panarin out for the last four games? Broken pride?
    Be a man among boys isn't really the phrase I would use to describe his actions whatsoever lol Seen plenty of tough guys in the league be more of a man than he'll ever be by knowing when to fight and when to show restraint.
    This was more like he had a roid rage fit. Wouldn't be surprised if this character gets called in for a domestic violence incident in a few years.

  14. #154
    Senior Member Mite Division ausman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    5
    A think a stick to Wilsonís kneecap might get a point across. Sure, the offending Ranger could get a fine and suspension but there are ways to do this that could make it look almost innocent. And Iím sure every player knows what that is. Either way,Wilsonís head should be on a swivel all night tomorrow.

  15. #155
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,447
    Rep Power
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Be a man among boys isn't really the phrase I would use to describe his actions whatsoever lol Seen plenty of tough guys in the league be more of a man than he'll ever be by knowing when to fight and when to show restraint.
    This was more like he had a roid rage fit. Wouldn't be surprised if this character gets called in for a domestic violence incident in a few years.
    I look at the events in two parts. The Buch part is the fine and the Artemi part is second. Artemi jumps on his back, they start wrestling and Buch tries to get back at him so it’s mayhem. Wilson is a douche. We do know that. But let’s not make it sound like anything other than Wilson stopping is what saved Artemi from further injury. Poke the bear……even though I 100% agree with sticking up for your teammates. I’m not suggesting Artemi shouldn’t have. But in the end, the Rangers need to have some guys on the roster that are hard, mean, and make life tough for the opposition for when situations like this happen

  16. #156
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,893
    Rep Power
    740
    They just need to go after Carlson or Backstrom.

    You're simply not going to get a guy who's going to stop Wilson from doing what he does, because Wilson has a screw loose.

    You know who's going to make Wilson stop? The guys on his own team when they start getting run. They'll put him in his place pretty quickly when Lindgren crossbodies Ovechkin.

  17. #157
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Capt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They just need to go after Carlson or Backstrom.

    You're simply not going to get a guy who's going to stop Wilson from doing what he does, because Wilson has a screw loose.

    You know who's going to make Wilson stop? The guys on his own team when they start getting run. They'll put him in his place pretty quickly when Lindgren crossbodies Ovechkin.
    Exactly right. I'm just guessing here but those thinking that Wilson shouldn't act like a piece of shit as the response here didn't experience the NHL in the 80's and earlier. This kind of stuff was part of the game. It was always an arms race to deter this behavior. Having the king of the jungle on your team made your team more confident. Period.

    The guys who appreciated the goons more than anybody was the stars. They were the only thing that kept order in the league. The problem here is that the NHL has quickly moved to change the game and GM's have moved to eliminate the goon. The NHL's safety department still operates like it's 1985 though. So the guys like Wilson or Reeves are still in the league because they can play. They are also 230lbs of raging brutality. There is no one in the league that can handle them if they decide to go old school. Teams have relied on them to "behave" themselves for the good of the game. Well everyone is always looking for an advantage. If I'm gameplanning the Rangers I'm playing rough all night long. The Rangers aren't finding a guy who can handle Wilson and also play a regular shift at an NHL level. The Rangers are also playing their 12th forward under 7-8 minutes a night. The Rangers are eliminated from the playoff race. Are we really saying here the Rangers can't give a Black Aces spot to a goon? We sure need one now. We needed one for Martin too. It's not a coincidence that guys are getting hurt how they are getting hurt.

    Remember Probert could play too. I think Dave Schutz had some 20 goal seasons too. Teams employed lesser players who had only one purpose to not allow Bob Probert or Dave Schutlz to run roughshot over their team.

    Last night in the third period I watched a scared intimidated hockey team. They were handling the puck like a hand gernade and looking over their shoulders to avoiding getting hit. Not a good look at all.

  18. #158
    Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    93,078
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They just need to go after Carlson or Backstrom.

    You're simply not going to get a guy who's going to stop Wilson from doing what he does, because Wilson has a screw loose.

    You know who's going to make Wilson stop? The guys on his own team when they start getting run. They'll put him in his place pretty quickly when Lindgren crossbodies Ovechkin.
    Bingo.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #159
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Capt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Bingo.
    That is the only chance he stops before he seriously hurts someone and the league finally tosses him. He still may not but there is no way the Caps stars will tolerate him putting a target on their back. They will handle it in house and if he doesn't comply with his teammates he will be moved.

  20. #160
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    72
    What a shit season for Panarin (from a personal/continuity/injury perspective)... He needs to go somewhere warm and sit on the beach for 5 months.


    And Pete is 1000% correct.. Need Smith to go full Braveheart on Backstrom or Carlson tonight.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •