Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If They Fire Quinn, When?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Al View Post
    I hope they target Patrick Roy. He worked well in the QMJHL

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Wasn’t he a borderline disaster in Colorado? I could be remembering that wrong

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    Wasn’t he a borderline disaster in Colorado? I could be remembering that wrong

No, you’re not. He was dreadful as a coach. Made the playoffs in his first year, and got progressively worse each season. And they had a pretty decent team each of those years

If you remember Cash or Czech?, do you remember my password?

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    No, you’re not. He was dreadful as a coach. Made the playoffs in his first year, and got progressively worse each season. And they had a pretty decent team each of those years

That’s a bit of a stretch to say dreadful I guess. They went from a 39 point team to 3rd best in the entire NhL in his first year as a coach. Second and third year weren’t as good but I think he had a falling out with Sakic and difference in philosophy. I don’t really want Roy but that’s a pretty impressive first year in coaching.

Senior Member Mite Division Lord Al's Avatar
    Who ever they bring in hope he get somebody to fight Wilson .this team is soft

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Al View Post
    Who ever they bring in hope he get somebody to fight Wilson .this team is soft

It's borderline dangerous for this team to be on the ice against the big boy teams.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

On an absolute PDO bender. Completely flamed out. He's a Junior coach.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Go Blue's Avatar
    MESSIER

I know some don't agree but he certainly wouldn't tolerate loafing and is a winner

Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    I want a Coach who would call a timeout and Scream at the team "Cindy? you let Cindy not once but twice on the same shift run our goalie?"

That is when I lost any respect I still had for JQ!
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

It starts from JD the GM , Quinn and all the players.All are acountable for the way this team keeps getting run and just takes it ….. Sather would not let this happen.

Preliminary word is that NYR Artemi Panarin won’t play the rest of the season https://mobile.twitter.com/FriedgeHN...46498518282241

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    I don't understand the replacement debate. If they fire Quinn and the replacement isn't Knoblach then they really are morons. He was a rising star as a coach to begin with, connects with younger players better and is way more likable and consistent to all of his players.

The star players basically turned their seasons around when he stepped in and then simply carried that momentum after. It was no coincidence. Quinn was always a stupid hire, so it's already obvious they are stupid. A college coach to coach a bunch of skilled Euros? Choosing Quinn over Sheldon Keefe in the first place was a colossal mistake. But then again we wouldn't have Kakko and Laf that way, so let's just make it right now that we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
    MESSIER

I know some don't agree but he certainly wouldn't tolerate loafing and is a winner
    I know he was a great player for us in 94 but he is not the answer to every problem the rangers ever have lol

I feel like no matter what position needs to be filled Messier is suggested by someone.

Dude has no coaching experience

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    I don't understand the replacement debate. If they fire Quinn and the replacement isn't Knoblach then they really are morons. He was a rising star as a coach to begin with, connects with younger players better and is way more likable and consistent to all of his players.

The star players basically turned their seasons around when he stepped in and then simply carried that momentum after. It was no coincidence. Quinn was always a stupid hire, so it's already obvious they are stupid. A college coach to coach a bunch of skilled Euros? Choosing Quinn over Sheldon Keefe in the first place was a colossal mistake. But then again we wouldn't have Kakko and Laf that way, so let's just make it right now that we can.
    also 100% this

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post

Boom. I think Knoblauch was always going to be their guy anyway to replace Quinn for all of the reasons you already stated. So, it's only a matter of time, like hopefully after the season is over. lol

Senior Member Bantam Division
    So who on this thread had "fire the president and GM first" on their bingo card? anyone?

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    I know he was a great player for us in 94 but he is not the answer to every problem the rangers ever have lol

I feel like no matter what position needs to be filled Messier is suggested by someone.

Dude has no coaching experience
    I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud legit lol Probably because his name actually does come up as the answer to every problem the Rangers ever have.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    I don't think Quinn is going anywhere anytime soon. If anything, they're reimagining the team more in his image (think Greenway, Tkachuk, etc).

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Based on the events of this afternoon, my guess is that Quinn will be released a week into the off-season.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Based on the events of this afternoon, my guess is that Quinn will be released a week into the off-season.
    That long? I say the morning after their season is over

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    That long? I say the morning after their season is over
    It better be like AV, right after the last game......3:00 PM game on Saturday, so 8:00 PM would be my call for his firing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast