Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [RS] (#49) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Last Call for Wings!

Senior Member Squirt Division
    So I'm an obsessive troll truther. Got it. I'm here discussing a moment from last nights game in the GDT and being questioned as to why. I'm discussing Rangers hockey which is why I thought this board existed. Apparently doing so has triggered the mob. I never stated he was a victim in fact I explicitly stated that the OTHER reasons were the reason he was benched and exiled and said so. Problem is the Rangers want it both ways. They said he was benched for slamming the penalty box door. They said it was immature and just the latest example of the players selfishness. They said all these things and acted out towards their player to say this behavior will not be tolerated. I thought it was bullshit from day 1.

Many here used it as their justification as to them benching the player 40 minutes into a newly signed extension. The mismanagement here was always the issue. ADA was worthy of a two year extension with nobody holding a gun to their head. Then he slams the penalty box door and everything changes. Nobody especially me is saying there wasn't other issues, mainly an inconvenient twitter account. The Rangers can't admit his dismissal had everything to do with that. As you can see slamming the door is a minor problem. Paul O'Neill is beloved in this town for such desire to win. But ADA, no of course it's the slamming of the door why half the fanbase hates him. Or it's his actions in Juniors at 16 that is just something you can't get over. Of course if you defend his ouster you're a truther but if you support his ouster you're just an honest broker of reality. Of course your reasoning has nothing to do with politics, only mine does. You're all above the board. Why don't you guys just admit it, you hate ADA for political reasons. I'm defending him for the same and calling out how ridiculous it is that he was banished for political beliefs. The Rangers have been bullshit from day 1 about this. Everyone knows it, not sure why anyone is so scared to admit it.
    Last edited by Capt; 04-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Doesn't matter what the facts are, TDA truthers live in their own world. Very odd hill to die on IMO but to each their own.

What the fuck are you talking about? What world do I live in? A world where people shouldn't be punished for their beliefs. Yeah your right.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    ...And here are the finalists of last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Tito's:

........The winner is The Dude with his take on Kakko's goal celly expressions....Good one man!!
    Thanks Oz. Everyone was always joking about Buchnevich looking like someone kicked his puppy, but god did Kakko look like just scored the lonely goal of the opposite end of a blow out.

HNIC BSBH Legend

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Thanks Oz. Everyone was always joking about Buchnevich looking like someone kicked his puppy, but god did Kakko look like just scored the lonely goal of the opposite end of a blow out.
    He looked like he put it in his own net!!!

That one made me laugh out loud though, Dude man!!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    He looked like he put it in his own net!!!

That one made me laugh out loud though, Dude man!!
    Kakko has become an emotionless assassin. Bring on phase 2 of the Winter Soldier program.

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Kakko has become an emotionless assassin. Bring on phase 2 of the Winter Soldier program.
    I'll tell ya what though, G man....His game is pretty solid right now. I'm really liking his work on the boards, and Pete hit the nail on the head with his assessment; Kakko is getting his chances more off the cycle, than off the rush...which is a needed change of pace for this squad. He's skating with confidence and seems to be playing a "bigger" type game. He's been tough on the puck, and it's very noticeable over the last few weeks. That goal he scored on Sunday in front of the net spoke volumes to me...Laffy was there too!!! I like it!!

I think next season he takes an even bigger step forward.

It's tough to not be encouraged by the amount of progress they've made this year...especially Kakko!

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'll tell ya what though, G man....His game is pretty solid right now. I'm really liking his work on the boards, and Pete hit the nail on the head with his assessment; Kakko is getting his chances more off the cycle, than off the rush...which is a needed change of pace for this squad. He's skating with confidence and seems to be playing a "bigger" type game. He's been tough on the puck, and it's very noticeable over the last few weeks. That goal he scored on Sunday in front of the net spoke volumes to me...Laffy was there too!!! I like it!!

I think next season he takes an even bigger step forward.

It's tough to not be encouraged by the amount of progress they've made this year...especially Kakko!
    On that PP goal he scored, he wasn't afraid to go to the net and bat the puck in with two guys right on top of him. That's what you like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    On that PP goal he scored, he wasn't afraid to go to the net and bat the puck in with two guys right on top of him. That's what you like to see.
    Agreed Sharpy!! When a player, especially a young player can score goals in the dirty areas of the ice, that's an absolute win! Up until this season, the only player we had that could do that was Kreider, on a very inconsistent basis. If we have Kakko pitching in, and it also looks like Laffy is getting his nose dirty as well, we're headed in the right direction.

This team will seemingly always be able to score off the rush, but if they can buckle down and score goals off the cycle, that would add another missing dimension to what this team needs to be able to compete for and in the playoffs.

I'm already looking forward to next season, and I really think we're going to take some gigantic leaps personnel-wise and also in terms of player improvement over the off season. These kids have really grown on me this year!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Agreed Sharpy!! When a player, especially a young player can score goals in the dirty areas of the ice, that's an absolute win! Up until this season, the only player we had that could do that was Kreider, on a very inconsistent basis. If we have Kakko pitching in, and it also looks like Laffy is getting his nose dirty as well, we're headed in the right direction.

This team will seemingly always be able to score off the rush, but if they can buckle down and score goals off the cycle, that would add another missing dimension to what this team needs to be able to compete for and in the playoffs.

I'm already looking forward to next season, and I really think we're going to take some gigantic leaps personnel-wise and also in terms of player improvement over the off season. These kids have really grown on me this year!
    If this team could score off the cycle with regularity, they'd be horrifying to play against. The key to stopping the Rangers right now is "wear them down, don't make mistakes at the blue line, don't take penalties" - if you take "wear them down" out of it because they're just winning the board battles a cycle-based attack requires....hoo boy. Avalanche East with a better goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    If this team could score off the cycle with regularity, they'd be horrifying to play against. The key to stopping the Rangers right now is "wear them down, don't make mistakes at the blue line, don't take penalties" - if you take "wear them down" out of it because they're just winning the board battles a cycle-based attack requires....hoo boy. Avalanche East with a better goalie.
    That's where I think we're headed, G.....just gotta endure it a little longer until these kids become men!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678