Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#49) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Last Call for Wings!

Moderator Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I'm talking about slamming the door only. How is that a tired topic. To my knowledge it hasn't happened since the ADA incident. Gorton and Quinn made it out as a problem and the reason a player was benched for 2 games after 2 periods into the season. That same player then didn't react well to be benched for 2 games for slamming a door. I'm fine with letting that go.

I'm just curious to see how they can justify that same action from a team leader. Even better be totally ignored by everyone. Slamming a door was the cause of great controversy here and ADA's defenders have long thought is was about other reasons. You guys in fact have leaned on Quinn and Gorton's explanation of ADA's dismissal being the slammed door and his reaction to his benching as the last straw. I agree the slamming of the door is no big deal and it should have never been and it wasn't in ADA's case
    We spent a month establishing that the discipline meted out to ADA came after a long string of behavioral issues that spanned multiple seasons, making the team's treatment of him at the beginning of the season a unique culmination of actions and events. It was never about a single comparable "immature action." For the life of me, I don't understand why that information is so difficult to truly absorb. But LGR!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Lafreniere on that top line has been great. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Quinn to break up that number one line to put him there, but to his credit, he did, and it's worked out wonderfully. Zac Jones is looking pretty comfortable already. That bit of skating he did on the PP leading up to that goal was nice. Not only do we see a nice one-time from Kakko, but getting into the dirty areas to score a goal with the man advantage. You love to see it. Even Kreider is looking a bit more comfortable on that third line.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Really grasping at straws about Strome “slamming” the penalty box door. It was barely a slam. No reason to re-hash the DeAngelo incident at this point in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Lafreniere on that top line has been great. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Quinn to break up that number one line to put him there, but to his credit, he did, and it's worked out wonderfully. Zac Jones is looking pretty comfortable already. That bit of skating he did on the PP leading up to that goal was nice. Not only do we see a nice one-time from Kakko, but getting into the dirty areas to score a goal with the man advantage. You love to see it. Even Kreider is looking a bit more comfortable on that third line.
    Agreed! Probably wasn't easy in the sense that he's set in his ways, but Kreider definitely did not deserve to be there. Kreider was playing like a 3rd liner, and now he's there and to be honest is doing pretty well with the kids. Chytil and Kakko at least have started to look better.

Laf has looked more dangerous and more creative. 3 points in his last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Because it was a three goal win. Instead of focusing on all the positives including a 2 goal game by Kakko and a hat trick by Zib - you're posting about the minutiae of someone slamming a penalty box door. And dragging a former player into a game day thread. Digging pretty hard to find negatives on a banner day.
    Negatives; Michelle Gingras and her huge mask and nonsense questions. "Fries or onion rings?" "Batman or Superman?" "Favorite color?""If you could choose between free pizza and beer forever or a Ford Mustang convertible...?" . Also she doesn't ever talk to anyone else on the broadcast. Do they not like her? IS she stuck up?

The MSG broadcast is really a mess.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Let what go? Simple question. I'm not comparing the two cases. The players are different cases but the "immature" action was the same. In fact ADA's was done while using 4-0 in the third period. Strome did it up by two goals with 2 minutes left. Strome was not called by the official but could have been, it was out of his hands. Strome is supposed to be a leader on this team. ADA was never confused as such.
    Yes, it was immature. Did it cost us an extra two minutes? Did it put us in a deeper hole than we were already in? Is it a pattern of behavior?

No across the board? Cool. Not comparable, and since it didn't cost us anything, not worth discussing. Let the ADA thing go already.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    ...And here are the finalists of last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Tito's:

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Kakko looking like he just pulled garbage duty after scoring that goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Buch wouldn't shoot in a gun range
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Does this team take stupid pills every time it gets a lead?
    ........The winner is The Dude with his take on Kakko's goal celly expressions....Good one man!!

I was at the game last night, sat in Sec. 214, Row 1 (my season tixs are in Sec. 213, Row 16, so since I am familiar with that area of the arena is what made me choose Sec. 214)
    Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2019.
    I really enjoyed the game with 2000 fans. Wish all games can be maxed out with 2000 fans. Since Covid and even before covid, as I get older, I get more agitated in being in large crowds.
    Pretty cool being able to hear the occasional yell by the players, and can hear every single player hit the board or puck hitting the stick, enjoyed the ambient sound of the game with such a small crowd.
    Didnt hear Strome "slam" the penalty box door so thats how insignificant that debate is.
    Ranger fans are still Ranger fans even with the 2000 fans, cackling woman screaming SHOOT constantly even when the Rangers have the puck BEHIND the Sabres net.
    Went to the bathroom 2x during the games, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.
    Got something to eat, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.
    Took less than 2 minutes to exit the building after the final buzzer.

I was at the game last night, sat in Sec. 214, Row 1 (my season tixs are in Sec. 213, Row 16, so since I am familiar with that area of the arena is what made me choose Sec. 214)
    Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2020.
    I really enjoyed the game with 2000 fans. Wish all games can be maxed out with 2000 fans. Since Covid and even before covid, as I get older, I get more agitated in being in large crowds.
    Pretty cool being able to hear the occasional yell by the players, and can hear every single player hit the board or puck hitting the stick, enjoyed the ambient sound of the game with such a small crowd.
    Didnt hear Strome "slam" the penalty box door so thats how insignificant that debate is.
    Ranger fans are still Ranger fans even with the 2000 fans, cackling woman screaming SHOOT constantly even when the Rangers have the puck BEHIND the Sabres net.
    Went to the bathroom 2x during the game, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.
    Got something to eat during 2nd intermission, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 04-26-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm not as annoyed by the door slamming as I am by another stick foul late in the game. The Rangers have four empty net SHG, which means they have been taking far too many penalties when up late in tight games.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Awesome first game to be back after 414 days. Last game I was at was the loss to the Devils on a Saturday afternoon in March 2019.
    Went to the bathroom 2x during the game, both times was during a commercial break and I was back in my seat by the time the puck dropped.
    Got something to eat during 2nd intermission, and I was back in the seat before the start of the 3rd period.
    Fuckin' Aye, Blue!!

Sounds like you had a blast, man!!! I can't wait 'til they allow us all back in there and that place is a madhouse again. I miss that building when it's rockin'!

I'm hopeful by the start of next season the capacity is increased to at least 50%.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Bottom line is Strome's actions are no big deal and are not worthy of discussion. Exactly the case for the weak excuse to bench ADA for doing the same 2 periods into the first game. That's the point. It was a bogus excuse to rid themselves of him to begin with. All the other reasons are worthy but slamming the door was never anything but a reason to grease the wheels.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Bottom line is Strome's actions are no big deal and are not worthy of discussion. Exactly the case for the weak excuse to bench ADA for doing the same 2 periods into the first game. That's the point. It was a bogus excuse to rid themselves of him to begin with. All the other reasons are worthy but slamming the door was never anything but a reason to grease the wheels.
    The bottom line is that if ADA was a player with character and not a whiny little bitch, he'd either be here or on another NHL team right now.

But you can keep claiming he's the victim here, 4 months later.

And I'm a troll that harps on ADA???

I wonder if Strome has a history of abusing officials?

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Yes these things have been discussed months ago. Many people here bought the excuse of him slamming the door as a reason to bench him and as another example of his toxic behavior. If it's an example of ADA's "toxic behavior" then what it is it when Strome does it. I argue that it's just a frustrated player and evidence of nothing. It's curious to see why the same behavior only matters in certain cases. It was there first game of the season. Also Strome has a deep history of taking bad penalties, lazy penalties. Which he did last night. Result of the game shouldn't matter. Standards and discipline are established through consistency and process. His penalty could have very easily resulted in a pp goal and a 1 goal game. Maybe next time it does cost them. Maybe next time the ref calls him for unsportsmanlike too

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yes these things have been discussed months ago. Many people here bought the excuse of him slamming the door as a reason to bench him and as another example of his toxic behavior. If it's an example of ADA's "toxic behavior" then what it is it when Strome does it. I argue that it's just a frustrated player and evidence of nothing. It's curious to see why the same behavior only matters in certain cases. It was there first game of the season. Also Strome has a deep history of taking bad penalties, lazy penalties. Which he did last night. Result of the game shouldn't matter. Standards and discipline are established through consistency and process. His penalty could have very easily resulted in a pp goal and a 1 goal game. Maybe next time it does cost them. Maybe next time the ref calls him for unsportsmanlike too
    Doubt it. Strome is the salt of the earth and not a douchebag with a history of abusing officials.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    A moment of frustration, because he has no history of abuse.

DeAngelo has had this rap since before he was drafted. You are conveniently ignoring the pattern of behavior and drawing a false equivalence.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

May be the Rangers management could have done things differently with DeAngelo; may be it would have turned out differently, but given his history, probably not. Simple fact is he was told over and over he needed to shut the fuck up. His outbursts were well past insubordination. He was told in ways great and small he needed to keep his opinions to himself on numerous occasions by everyone from the GM down to the stickboys(and have it on good authority the stickboys is not a joke, but a fact). And it had nothing to do with politics.

Doesn't matter what the facts are, TDA truthers live in their own world. Very odd hill to die on IMO but to each their own.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast