Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    I rather try to get Barkov from Florida instead of Eichel.
    His name seems to pop up occasionally in trade rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've never seen that nor do i think there's any chance whatsoever he's ever available.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I'd love it, but Florida will never let him go.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Darren Dreger on NHL on NBC when asked how serious should we be taking the Aleksander Barkov trade speculation.

“It’s hard to say at this point. What I know is that Bill Zito and the Florida Panthers believe they have time. That this isn’t a bridge they have to cross now. I know that Bill Zito spoke to the representative of Sasha Barkov and said, ‘look, we’re not interested in trading him.’

In fact, Barkov has a no-move clause for this season, then he got a 12-team no-trade list for next season. But the reality of this situation is, Barkov wants to win, and he wants to make sure that the Florida Panthers are on that road to get to that point of being a contending team. Who doesn’t want that? Zito wants that. Joel Quenneville wants that. The players in Florida want that.

So if that is the direction that the Florida Panthers are headed, when it comes time to negotiate a contract extension, then Barkov most definitely is willing to listen. But in the meantime, amid all the speculation Liam, you know that there are lots of NHL general managers who are eager to pick up the phone to make sure that Zito knows that they’re interested if he ever gets to that place where Barkov is seriously in play.”

That's from 1/21/21

Banned Junior Division
    I'd trade Harlequinn for Quennneville

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    It's going to be a Nordstrom-esk deal, that we will no doubt regret.
    I fear this more than I fear sticking with what we have for now, with a few tweaks.

Moderator Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I fear this more than I fear sticking with what we have for now, with a few tweaks.
    To abuse a metaphor, I feel like we have some very hot growth stocks that are serious long term winners but fear that Gorton will focus too heavily on next quarter's returns and sell way too low.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I think they're well-served to take a swing at it in the UFA market before they try to trade. If you want a guy who can win draws and bring some grit or mix up our style some, there's a few decent options out there that should come within our budget, and it stalls the need to trade for just long enough to get better reads on some of these players.
    I think they have to make a trade to atleast get Lundkvist to ink a contract with the Rangers. Too much competition that has a jump on him. He can go UFA if he doesn't sign this summer. So, there's a perceived deadline IMO. That's just how I see it. Not reading it anywhere, but I do believe there was concern brought up by the media at the start of the season.

I don't risk losing Lundkvist for nothing, based on all the hype. So, might as well use Jones and make a move with a couple of forwards before it's too late and the Rangers are forced to sell low.

IMO it has to happen. UNLESS they can ink Lundkvist soon.

Moderator Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I think they have to make a trade to atleast get Lundkvist to ink a contract with the Rangers. Too much competition that has a jump on him. He can go UFA if he doesn't sign this summer. So, there's a perceived deadline IMO. That's just how I see it. Not reading it anywhere, but I do believe there was concern brought up by the media at the start of the season.

I don't risk losing Lundkvist for nothing, based on all the hype. So, might as well use Jones and make a move with a couple of forwards before it's too late and the Rangers are forced to sell low.

IMO it has to happen. UNLESS they can ink Lundkvist soon.
    There have been a lot of presumptions about why Lundqvist hasn't signed yet, but I haven't heard anything credible from his agent or any spokespeople that he is measuring the spot available for him and holding out for a guarantee. May have missed it, but it kind of smacks of an internet rumor.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    So Rooney just got beat up by the sabers skill prospect.

Fox for Reaves.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    LOL.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Fox for Reaves.
    I wouldn’t say that. Rooney got a nice one in the Cuz’s chin. He was bleeding.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I wouldn’t say that. Rooney got a nice one in the Cuz’s chin. He was bleeding.
    I would. He manhandled.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division

Fox for Reaves.
    Not enough!! Throw in Miller!!!

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    I would. He manhandled.
    beat up Lindgren earlier this season too

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie

Fox for Reaves.
    TBF Cozens is from Whitehorse, so he might have boxed with polar bears and moose for fun as a kid.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    This is my issue with this thread. What is this expectation? As is they are easily a playoff team. Bad start included, they're currently in a wild card spot with normal divisions and likely pass teams in front of them with 26 more games.

Matthews, Marner, and Nylander haven't gotten out of the first round in 4 years. Even with two years of Tavares.

They started the year with Laf (19), Kakko (19), Miller (21), Kravtsov (21), Chytil (21), Lindgren (21), Fox (21). Schneider and Lundkvist will be here soon. Way too early to start shipping any of them out.

They can't win in the playoffs with Zib-Strome? Based on what, the bubble after 5 months of not playing?

I don't change hardly anything for next year.

Laf - Zib - Buch
    Panarin - Strome - Kravtsov
    Kreider - Chytil - Kakko
    You can add some new wingers for Barron

Lindgren - Fox
    Miller - Trouba
    Jones - Lundkvist/Schenider
    Smith

PP1: Kakko - Zib - Strome - Panarin - Fox
    PP2: Laf - Chytil - Kravtsov - Lundkvist - Jones

That's a playoff team all day.
    Sure, but is it a playoff team that can win? Or, more importantly, one that can go through the Islanders, Bruins, Penguins, or Capitals? I'm not so sure, because what I see is a ton of guys who all play the game the exact same way. Spreading the wealth around does give you an opportunity to try an doverload, I'll give you that, but it's still the same ultimate attack plan outside of a potential identity fourth line who are going to play few minutes.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Sure, but is it a playoff team that can win? Or, more importantly, one that can go through the Islanders, Bruins, Penguins, or Capitals? I'm not so sure, because what I see is a ton of guys who all play the game the exact same way. Spreading the wealth around does give you an opportunity to try an doverload, I'll give you that, but it's still the same ultimate attack plan outside of a potential identity fourth line who are going to play few minutes.
    No. The team isnt going to win while the dont "skate, shoot, and go to the net" consistently. Doesn't matter who they ice. It's a basic fundamental of hockey they haven't executed since Quinn got here. It's why they arent tough to play against. It's why they blow leads. And it's why they are sitting outside a playoff spot (with an mvp candidate, a norris candidate, a calder candidate, etc etc etc)

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    No. The team isnt going to win while the dont "skate, shoot, and go to the net" consistently. Doesn't matter who they ice. It's a basic fundamental of hockey they haven't executed since Quinn got here. It's why they arent tough to play against. It's why they blow leads. And it's why they are sitting outside a playoff spot (with an mvp candidate, a norris candidate, a calder candidate, etc etc etc)
    i think if they come out struggling in the beginning of the season like they did the last 3 years, the coach is toast. sooner rather than later, for my taste

i think if they come out struggling in the beginning of the season like they did the last 3 years, the coach is toast. sooner rather than later, for my taste
    Man, I really don't want to see another season wasted. I just assume do it this summer. I mean, Quinn can only be blamed so much given that he isn't in control of the roster construction and it takes time to construct the roster in the first place, but I just don't think I've seen enough the last 3 years to make me think he's "it". Feels like the better odds are that we will need a new coach, so I'd rather play the odds and make the change before next season.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Man, I really don't want to see another season wasted. I just assume do it this summer. I mean, Quinn can only be blamed so much given that he isn't in control of the roster construction and it takes time to construct the roster in the first place, but I just don't think I've seen enough the last 3 years to make me think he's "it". Feels like the better odds are that we will need a new coach, so I'd rather play the odds and make the change before next season.
    me too but realistically the mngmnt wont do anything over the summer IMO. playoffs are a must next season and unless the team faulters at the start of the season or there's a threat of not making the playoffs, Quinn's job is safe.

me too but realistically the mngmnt wont do anything over the summer IMO. playoffs are a must next season and unless the team faulters at the start of the season or there's a threat of not making the playoffs, Quinn's job is safe.
    You're probably right, unfortunately. Here's to hoping Quinn beats the odds I guess

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast