Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 285

Thread: Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

  1. #221
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33,129
    Rep Power
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yup. Bad penalties (tripping, hooking, etc — you've been beat and you're cheating) versus "good" (charging, elbowing, etc). Martin popped Zibanejad in the mouth with an elbow on the first shift. I'm A-OK killing off a charging call when the team responds by running Barzal over next shift.
    Kreiders last fine was similar to the Martin elbow

  2. #222
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    15
    Looking at Skunkman thread: If They Fire Quinn, When? I canít help but think maybe itís not so much our personnel but our coach that just doesnít like his players playing a physical style. Maybe if we hire a Head Coach who likes to play a physical style then our players will be allowed to. I see Rod Brindíamour is playing hard ball with Carolina on a contract extension.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  3. #223
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Capt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    strange, I've been laughed at for years saying the Rangers need someone that requires opponents to "keep their head up"

    Kreider stopped wrecking people because he was constantly getting penalized. And I'm fine if someone gets a penalty for destroying guys once in a while (Schneider during WJHC comes to mind). But a lot of the hate for Kreider started years ago when he was getting penalized for big hits.


    That is a fact. The fanbase complained plenty that Kreider needs to let up because his speed and size make the hits look like penalties in which he was being called. When in fact he was getting penalized for legal hits but he was just that much stronger than the opponent that it looked worse than it was. The Rangers,mainly AV, neutered that part of Kreider's game, now we desperately need it back.

  4. #224
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33,129
    Rep Power
    555
    Offseason needs: a center that plays big, 2+ sets of balls.

  5. #225
    Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    93,071
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Offseason needs: a center that plays big, 2+ sets of balls.
    We were already searching for needles in a haystack -- now you want someone with literally four balls?!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #226
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,924
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    We were already searching for needles in a haystack -- now you want someone with literally four balls?!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    We need Pedro Cerrano to make a sacrifice to Jobu.

  7. #227
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,967
    Rep Power
    217
    Marbles??????

  8. #228
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    3,178
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Marbles??????
    We should probably settle for pills at this point and go from there Ozzy!

  9. #229
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,967
    Rep Power
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    We should probably settle for pills at this point and go from there Ozzy!
    Tic Tacs, JS!!!

    I keep picturing the Japanese dude from Major League II doing the "Juevos" thing with his hands under his balls!!

  10. #230
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,230
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yup. Bad penalties (tripping, hooking, etc — you've been beat and you're cheating) versus "good" (charging, elbowing, etc). Martin popped Zibanejad in the mouth with an elbow on the first shift. I'm A-OK killing off a charging call when the team responds by running Barzal over next shift.
    Isn't this stuff Lemieux would do and everyone shit on him?
    Last edited by The Dude; 05-03-2021 at 05:32 PM.

  11. #231
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    60
    Perfect player to break this "homogeneity." Guy by the name of Miller in Vancouver. Oh, you say he was here once before and Gorton didn't take a shining to him?

  12. #232
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,028
    Rep Power
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Isn't this stuff Lemieux would do and everyone shit on him?
    Lemieux is too small to run anyone over and not a good fighter

  13. #233
    Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    93,071
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Isn't this stuff Lemieux would do and everyone shit on him?
    Kind of. He'd try, but he's built like a tree stump, and he'd get embarrassed in most fights because of his size.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #234
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    3,178
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Kind of. He'd try, but he's built like a tree stump, and he'd get embarrassed in most fights because of his size.
    He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.

  15. #235
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    siddious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,272
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name
    Yepp. Was saying this for a while. Donít miss him at all.



    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  16. #236
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He's not really known for any of those things. Mostly position-ally responsible hockey and a good shot.
    If he's going to be a successful NHL player, its going to be due to his willingness and ability to capitalize on his chances, not his skating or hands. Hopefully he develops a pair of balls at the NHL level, because he could really compliment some of the skill players with his "compete level" and ability to finish.
    I had always seen him touted as a good skater for his (big) size with a good shot (hands). Defensively responsible. C at Cornell. All that was confirmed by watching. Just no mean streak. But his Ivy League brain will hopefully see and respond to the opportunity.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  17. #237
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,230
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.
    Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.

  18. #238
    //reported BSBH Prospect
    phillyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,507
    Rep Power
    121
    Has Zadorov been mentioned?
    #imthebadguy

  19. #239
    Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    93,071
    Rep Power
    662
    Not that I've seen yet. UFA?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #240
    Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    93,071
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.
    LOL. 25-year-old fourth-line player with a career high of 18 points in an NHL season "could have turned into a 40-point agitating forward," because... reasons? He barely put up 40 points in the AHL. Blackwell (13 goals, 24 points) literally has double the scoring output of Lemieux this season.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •