Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yup. Bad penalties (tripping, hooking, etc — you've been beat and you're cheating) versus "good" (charging, elbowing, etc). Martin popped Zibanejad in the mouth with an elbow on the first shift. I'm A-OK killing off a charging call when the team responds by running Barzal over next shift.
    Kreiders last fine was similar to the Martin elbow

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Looking at Skunkman thread: If They Fire Quinn, When? I canít help but think maybe itís not so much our personnel but our coach that just doesnít like his players playing a physical style. Maybe if we hire a Head Coach who likes to play a physical style then our players will be allowed to. I see Rod Brindíamour is playing hard ball with Carolina on a contract extension.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    strange, I've been laughed at for years saying the Rangers need someone that requires opponents to "keep their head up"

Kreider stopped wrecking people because he was constantly getting penalized. And I'm fine if someone gets a penalty for destroying guys once in a while (Schneider during WJHC comes to mind). But a lot of the hate for Kreider started years ago when he was getting penalized for big hits.

That is a fact. The fanbase complained plenty that Kreider needs to let up because his speed and size make the hits look like penalties in which he was being called. When in fact he was getting penalized for legal hits but he was just that much stronger than the opponent that it looked worse than it was. The Rangers,mainly AV, neutered that part of Kreider's game, now we desperately need it back.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Offseason needs: a center that plays big, 2+ sets of balls.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Offseason needs: a center that plays big, 2+ sets of balls.
    We were already searching for needles in a haystack -- now you want someone with literally four balls?!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    We were already searching for needles in a haystack -- now you want someone with literally four balls?!

We need Pedro Cerrano to make a sacrifice to Jobu.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Marbles??????

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Marbles??????
    We should probably settle for pills at this point and go from there Ozzy!

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    We should probably settle for pills at this point and go from there Ozzy!
    Tic Tacs, JS!!!

I keep picturing the Japanese dude from Major League II doing the "Juevos" thing with his hands under his balls!!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Yup. Bad penalties (tripping, hooking, etc — you've been beat and you're cheating) versus "good" (charging, elbowing, etc). Martin popped Zibanejad in the mouth with an elbow on the first shift. I'm A-OK killing off a charging call when the team responds by running Barzal over next shift.
    Isn't this stuff Lemieux would do and everyone shit on him?
    Last edited by The Dude; 05-03-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Perfect player to break this "homogeneity." Guy by the name of Miller in Vancouver. Oh, you say he was here once before and Gorton didn't take a shining to him?

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Lemieux is too small to run anyone over and not a good fighter

Kind of. He'd try, but he's built like a tree stump, and he'd get embarrassed in most fights because of his size.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Kind of. He'd try, but he's built like a tree stump, and he'd get embarrassed in most fights because of his size.
    He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name
    Yepp. Was saying this for a while. Donít miss him at all.

Moderator Bantam Division
    He's not really known for any of those things. Mostly position-ally responsible hockey and a good shot.
    If he's going to be a successful NHL player, its going to be due to his willingness and ability to capitalize on his chances, not his skating or hands. Hopefully he develops a pair of balls at the NHL level, because he could really compliment some of the skill players with his "compete level" and ability to finish.
    I had always seen him touted as a good skater for his (big) size with a good shot (hands). Defensively responsible. C at Cornell. All that was confirmed by watching. Just no mean streak. But his Ivy League brain will hopefully see and respond to the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.
    Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.

//reported BSBH Prospect
    Has Zadorov been mentioned?
    #imthebadguy

Not that I've seen yet. UFA?

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.
    LOL. 25-year-old fourth-line player with a career high of 18 points in an NHL season "could have turned into a 40-point agitating forward," because... reasons? He barely put up 40 points in the AHL. Blackwell (13 goals, 24 points) literally has double the scoring output of Lemieux this season.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast