Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I mean, didnt they kinda try this?

No offense to either player individually, but collectively, they arent hard to play against. Add Chytil as 3C and it's worse.
    That's the issue we're discussing - being harder/tougher to play against, and not just "sticks in lanes", we're talking physically tough to play against.

Panarin - not going anywhere, not changing
    Buchnevich - probably the 'toughest to play against' forward
    Kreider - usually the toughest to play against, most physical, strongest forward
    Lafreneire - not going anywhere, may add some grit
    Kakko - shouldnt be going anywhere either, becoming, maybe 'frustrating'? or annoying to play against, but not really a tough opponent
    Chytil - soft, not changing
    Kravtsov - shouldnt be going anywhere, not going to be tough to play against

so, we really want to move Kakko to keep Strome long-term? And they're still soft up the middle.
    We also have the option to change up the lines to add toughness without subtracting talent. If a top 9 consisted of Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Lafreniere, Kakko, Strome, Panarin, Kreider, Kravtsov, and a power forward, we can mix and match to get the right amount of grit/toughness with skill. That said, one of the named players probably has to go for someone more difficult to play against. In this scenario, I think Kreider and Buchnevich are the most likely candidates. I'd rather keep Buch.
    If you remember Cash or Czech?, do you remember my password?

I think Kreider will be kept as a 3rd liner

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Buch isn't a problem re: too many soft players. He's what you want more of, not less. Extremely effective offensively and willing to get involved in every scrum. He loses every fight, but his will is evident every game. It's the Zibanejad's and Chytil's of the world you have to worry about more.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I don't see how Chytil isn't a goner.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Buch isn't a problem re: too many soft players. He's what you want more of, not less. Extremely effective offensively and willing to get involved in every scrum. He loses every fight, but his will is evident every game. It's the Zibanejad's and Chytil's of the world you have to worry about more.
    and Strome-who will disappear once "the tough gets going".

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415