Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trouba Suffers Suspected Concussion; Out for Remainder of Season

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    you're assuming. Didnt you mother teach you not to assume?
    He assumed correctly. Foxes hockey IQ is through the roof. Fox uses that in the defensive zone as opposed to mucking physically in front of Shesty. Lindgren gets right into the muck, if that makes any sense.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    you're assuming. Didnt you mother teach you not to assume?
    She did but I like making asses out of people

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I can't speak for Robertson or Schneider so I won't but from what Miller has shown there's no sign of a mean streak in his game. Personally I think that's one part of the game you can't teach it's either there or it's not. Similarly Kreider this amazing physical specimen, strong as a bull we're told, can jump out of a pool yet almost every time pulls up when he has the chance to knock somebody down. We admire Lindgren and his toughness, I think his toughness is because he's the bug that hits the windshield hard, gets bloodied but pops right up and continues on. That's his edge, he's not laying people out and I don't think anybody worries about keeping their head up when he's on the ice. Plugging Jones into an already soft undersized lineup should be even more fun against a team like the Isles.

Speaking of the isles who even after sleeping on it I would say steam rolled us all game long, who other than Martin is even known to be a big hitter? It's more of a team philosophy imo, and that being the case is way harder to change. Just plugging in another guy who may play with an edge or even two (which would be a big step forward for sure) still leaves us with a whole bunch that play an incredibly soft game.
    What? Did you see what he did to Ovi?

And yes, he's our best defensive-defenseman.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Mason Geertsen. I wasn’t joking. If we need to short term replace Trouba, Geertsen isn’t the worst idea. Could be the second worst I guess but he’s 6-4, 220 lbs, hits and fights. 26 so he’s a career minor pro but still.

Cant just have an entire defense of soft players. Unless Kandre wants to start using his size a bit more

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    What? Did you see what he did to Ovi?

And yes, he's our best defensive-defenseman.
    Actually no I did miss his one laying someone out apparently. I have seen him picking himself up many times and said he's a tough kid because of his ability to pick himself up. At NO time have I ever questioned is defensive ability, the post was about how we got our asses run over all game long last night after Trouba left. Did I miss Lindgren knocking people on their ass with a huge hit in response to any of it last night?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Mason Geertsen. I wasn’t joking. If we need to short term replace Trouba, Geertsen isn’t the worst idea. Could be the second worst I guess but he’s 6-4, 220 lbs, hits and fights. 26 so he’s a career minor pro but still.

Cant just have an entire defense of soft players. Unless Kandre wants to start using his size a bit more
    Not sure who this dude is, but in order for K’andre to step in to this type of role, he would need few years experience. I wouldn’t expect him to do everything in his first year.

Things are going right with Key now as a rookie, if he can steep in and be physical down then road, its a blessing.
    Last edited by Rangers; 04-21-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    Rebuild Mode.

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Trouba is an above average defender who's prone to defensive lapses, like anybody. He's not great offensively but is paid like he is. In terms of physicality, he's a one-eyed man in the land of the blind. On a good team, he's a cog. For us he's important because he's the only one who plays the way he does but he's not a player you hitch your wagon to nor is he worth his contract.
    Unfortunately that anomaly of a 50 point season he put up with the Jets played a big part in him getting a fat juicy contract. Last year he dropped back to is career 25-30 pt season average, which I'll gladly take if he somehow managed to improve his positional play.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sounds like a good way to win some fights and lose some hockey games. Does Tampa have a real bruiser on the blue line?

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Sounds like a good way to win some fights and lose some hockey games. Does Tampa have a real bruiser on the blue line?
    Yes. Tampa's smallest D Man is Ryan McDonagh.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Not sure who this dude is, but in order for K’andre to step in to this type of role, he would need few years experience. I wouldn’t expect him to do everything in his first year.

Things are going right with Key now as a rookie, if he can steep in and be physical down then road, its a blessing.
    Physicality isn't taught this late in the game. He's either physical or he isn't, and he isn't.

I'm STILL waiting for McDonagh's "mean streak" to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    No, but Tampa isn't even close to small. There's no one under 6'1 on their entire blue line. Cernak and Schenn take no shit. Neither does Foote.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

The average height of their top 8 games played D is 6’3 and average weight is 223 lbs so yeah I do think we are getting pretty exposed if you lose a Trouba since he is our heaviest d to play against.

I will say this. I’m almost willing to apologize a bit to Trouba because we do, as others have said, look very naked without him there. I still think he’s overpaid but not nearly as much as I though considering how important he is when we play those bigger teams.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    remember last week when having a tiny blueline wasnt an issue in the Zac Jones thread?

I’m not even like super high on the guy I’m suggesting but I think if we are going to be without Trouba, it would be nuts to throw another smaller type player out to the wolves in these “heavier” games this late in the season

Anyway, anyone that wants to read on the dude that is 6’4 220 here ya go

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/sc...e-in-hartford/

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    I’m not even like super high on the guy I’m suggesting but I think if we are going to be without Trouba, it would be nuts to throw another smaller type player out to the wolves in these “heavier” games this late in the season

Anyway, anyone that wants to read on the dude that is 6’4 220 here ya go

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/sc...e-in-hartford/
    unfortunately, no. It's too late.

Like I've been repeating the last few weeks, this is something that should have been addressed at the start of the season. We knew this team was incredibly soft. Usually, you get guys that can contribute in such way to get their feet wet, so when it comes to important games at the end of the season, you a.) know the can play and fill the role, b.) they arent in a new environment to play their first NHL game

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    I'm not at all interested in adding Geertsen to the mix. You'd be adding him for the sake of grit and nothing else. What's the point of having a Stu Bickel-like defender who you probably can't trust to play over 10 minutes at the NHL level? Calling up Geertsen is a poor reflexive move that doesn't make the team any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I'm not at all interested in adding Geertsen to the mix. You'd be adding him for the sake of grit and nothing else. What's the point of having a Stu Bickel-like defender who you probably can't trust to play over 10 minutes at the NHL level? Calling up Geertsen is a poor reflexive move that doesn't make the team any better.
    That’s fair. I think it’s more along the lines of whoever you bring in, it’s going to be no
    NHL experience, or Bitetto and Hajek at the same time. The thing about Geertson is he is a grunt. The part we miss most about Trouba is the grunt part of his game so I guess that’s the fit. Likely Smith takes over Troubas role which I’m fine with, but then you need Smiths spot filled and he also is a grunt, so.....

Or we could throw Jones in the mix and hope teams fighting for their playoff lives or NHL careers take it easy on the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    unfortunately, no. It's too late.

Like I've been repeating the last few weeks, this is something that should have been addressed at the start of the season. We knew this team was incredibly soft. Usually, you get guys that can contribute in such way to get their feet wet, so when it comes to important games at the end of the season, you a.) know the can play and fill the role, b.) they arent in a new environment to play their first NHL game
    I means yes and no. I don’t 100% disagree with you but we likely are talking about the 6th or so spot being filled with Smith stepping into a Trouba role moreso and with no actual 4th line, no real toughness on the blue line unless you count Lindgren absorption ability, I’d just rather give physicality a chance over another smallish player right now.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    That’s fair. I think it’s more along the lines of whoever you bring in, it’s going to be no
    NHL experience, or Bitetto and Hajek at the same time. The thing about Geertson is he is a grunt. The part we miss most about Trouba is the grunt part of his game so I guess that’s the fit. Likely Smith takes over Troubas role which I’m fine with, but then you need Smiths spot filled and he also is a grunt, so.....

Or we could throw Jones in the mix and hope teams fighting for their playoff lives or NHL careers take it easy on the kid.
    If the job is to play defense, I'd rather the kid who was playing top pairing on the recent NCCAA champs as opposed to the guy who's a complementary face puncher. Are you trying to win these last ten games at all or just send a message? If you're trying to win I play Jones over Geertsen 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    If the job is to play defense, I'd rather the kid who was playing top pairing on the recent NCCAA champs as opposed to the guy who's a complementary face puncher. Are you trying to win these last ten games at all or just send a message? If you're trying to win I play Jones over Geertsen 10/10.
    I guess. I don’t take too much stock on NCAA minutes to always translate against grown men but there are some that do for sure. The thing is though, Jones wouldn’t be playing the type of minutes suited for his game really. I guess I’d rather have a physical stay at home defense that has been in the minor pro game for a few years. Yes I’m trying to win games. That’s a big ask for a 20 year old smaller player with 0 pro experience that is mainly an offensive minded guy on the smaller side to go in now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast