View Poll Results: Do the Rangers make the playoffs?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No

29 78.38%
  • Yes, over the Bruins

2 5.41%
  • Yes, over the Islanders

6 16.22%
  • Yes, over the Penguins

0 0%
  • Yes, over the Capitals

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Rangers Make the Playoffs?

Senior Member Junior Division

Will the Rangers Make the Playoffs?

I vote no. Too much has to go perfectly.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    I’m gonna say no. It’s not really in their hands and I just don’t see the Bruins or Islanders falling off enough to make a difference. The Rangers took too long to find their game in a short season.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I hate being pessimistic because we've made some strides and hit our groove. But overcoming Mika's bout of COVID, Panarin's absense, and Shesterkin's injury is too much for a shortened season. 82 games? I think we make it. Next season is the real challenge.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I’m going to say no, they will be out by 5 or more points.
    Rebuild Mode.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I hate being pessimistic because we've made some strides and hit our groove. But overcoming Mika's bout of COVID, Panarin's absense, and Shesterkin's injury is too much for a shortened season. 82 games? I think we make it. Next season is the real challenge.
    I also believe we would have probably made the playoffs this year in a normal year. Should mean good things for next season. For what it's worth, they'll get one more pretty good pick in the 1st round before this team takes another step forward, assuming they don't trade it.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I’m gonna say no. It’s not really in their hands and I just don’t see the Bruins or Islanders falling off enough to make a difference. The Rangers took too long to find their game in a short season.
    This. I wouldn't even be surprised to see them miss by one or two points.

My heart says yes, my brain says no.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    You betcha we do!

Sorry, but this guy is a gym pussy, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    You betcha we do!

Rebuild Mode.

rebuilding Junior Division
    I picked the Islanders. In the next couple of weeks the Islanders get the Rangers 3 times and the Capitals 3 times. Rangers need a team ahead of them to go into a tailspin and the Islanders look like the best candidate. The Penguins have a bunch of games against Devils, Sabres, and Flyers so it's hard for me to see them collapsing.

Odds are they miss the playoffs, but I'm picking against the odds!
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Will the Rangers Make the Playoffs?

No.

11 games left. I say they add 13 points max. (6-4-1)

65 points won’t cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No. I think they continue to put a good streak together to end the season, but they're just going to run out of time.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    No, but fuck it if it ain't going to be fun to be this close.

If this season were five games longer, I'd say yes.

I do want to note that I think if we do make it, Fletch has the right of it. The Islanders are the team we can control our destiny against more than Boston. It's going to take a herculean finish to get there no matter what, though.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I’m going to vote yes, because the Rangers look like a playoff team and got the job done against a Jersey team they should beat four times if they want to make it. I think it’s Boston though instead of e isles but either way, need to win 9/11 I think to be etc there, and all of them against one of those teams

I don’t actually care though because these last few games are going to be playoff games and that’s the experience the team needs now to grow.

Moderator Bantam Division
    The smart money says no way. Basically, Buffalo has got to go on a run against everyone but the Rangers. The Caps have to somehow feel insecure about the top seed and whup up on the Isles in their remaining games. And/or Pittsburgh needs to fall apart in a bunch of games vs the Flyers, Devils, and Sabres. And NYR would have to be pretty much flawless. So, my bet is no. But if it were to happen, it seems like it would be an Islanders collapse based on some funks they got into during the season - and their playing the Caps a bunch. In any case, it will remain fun, exciting, and somewhat in doubt if the Rangers keep winning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    The smart money says no way. Basically, Buffalo has got to go on a run against everyone but the Rangers. The Caps have to somehow feel insecure about the top seed and whup up on the Isles in their remaining games. And/or Pittsburgh needs to fall apart in a bunch of games vs the Flyers, Devils, and Sabres. And NYR would have to be pretty much flawless. So, my bet is no. But if it were to happen, it seems like it would be an Islanders collapse based on some funks they got into during the season - and their playing the Caps a bunch. In any case, it will remain fun, exciting, and somewhat in doubt if the Rangers keep winning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Best we can do is just keep winning. We have 14 points at risk against teams higher in the standings than we are - that's enough to close a gap.

If the Isles go on a skid, that's really helpful - and with six against the Caps and Rangers coming up here, there's no better time to start chipping away at that gap.

This is total deja vu to last year. Down the stretch the Rangers were playing some of the best hockey in the league and then the shutdowns happened. They got into the playoffs on a new rule for that season. This year, they are on a similar stretch of playing well and beating who they should beat, but could run out of time. lol

Senior Member Mite Division
    The Athletic has a relevant article on this today(below). To summarize it has the Rangers with a 13% chance of making the playoffs and the Bruins, Islanders, Penguins & Caps all having a 95% or better chance; interestingly enough, the Bruins have the highest probability of those four teams based on their schedule for the balance of the regular season.

https://theathletic.com/2318775/2021...rce=dailyemail

Banned Junior Division
    No, and i think Quinn should be let go and replaced by someone who can take them to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyInTheMiddle View Post
    The Athletic has a relevant article on this today(below). To summarize it has the Rangers with a 13% chance of making the playoffs and the Bruins, Islanders, Penguins & Caps all having a 95% or better chance; interestingly enough, the Bruins have the highest probability of those four teams based on their schedule for the balance of the regular season.

https://theathletic.com/2318775/2021...rce=dailyemail
    Yup.

So what the model is saying here is that the most likely outcome for the Rangers is to finish the season with 13 more points in their remaining 11 games - which is about right for the Rangers to capture around 55% of their points. It also assumes that the Capitals and Islanders will both capture those same 13 points across their final 10.

I don't think that's unrealistic, but the Islanders specifically have the Rangers, Caps, Bruins making up 7 of their final 11. The Rangers are viewing those games as "survival" games and the Caps are viewing them as "hammer down" games. I do think that if we can stay hot, we can close that gap really nicely.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    They won't make it, they're not a playoff team. Even though, like last year, they're beating some bottom feeders down the stretch which makes people feel good, they need some seasoning.

No way Quinn gets fired. Nor should he, at this point .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast