Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Push — Magic Number Thread

Senior Member Mite Division Go Blue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Add the Isles to this, Rangers might have a better chance of catching them.
    Once the islanders lost 2 to the bruins and looked bad doing it it changed the whole game
    It looks like the islanders are back to not being able to buy a goal not to mention they don't have the hop they used to have
    Rangers actually look like they were about to get hot ( crossed fingers ) so I put 50 at 45 to 1 to win it all
    It's all about getting hot at the right time
    It's a tall order but if we sweep the islanders we are only 2 points behind with equal games left to play

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Updated:
    Islanders 45 GP 60 Points 82 Pts Max
    Boston 43 GP 56 Points 82 Pts Max
    -----------------------------------------------
    NYR. 45 GP 52 Points 74 Pts Max

Isles getting 2 points tonight is killer for Rangers. Zero help for the Rangers this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Beating the Devils is just false hope. We need to beat the 4 teams ahead of us.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Isles winning doesnít really kill us either way since the premise of catching them really involves us winning our three meetings left with them. Do that and it still puts you within reach of them regardless. Just would need extra help, which is what we need regardless from other teams anyway. Making the playoffs is not an easy task. Even after these recent 4 games the Rangers realistically need to win 8 or 9 or their next 11 games since you assume the teams they are trying to catch arenít just rolling over and dying.

That basically means the Rangers would be around 12-3/13-2 over their last 15 games of the season. Now, that sounds impossible. Itís definitely improbable but if you look back at our good stretch last year we are capable of this exact thing.
    01/31/20 - 02/27/20 over that 15 game stretch the Rangers were.......12-3 with one win being in ot and another in the shootout and two different 4 game and 5 game win streaks. So the team is capable of this kind of stretch. So letís not just bow our heads and say impossible. They have it in them. Honestly, these 4 games were a lot bigger than people really realize. Yes the Devils suck. However, this is the NHL. Beating the same team 4 straight games is a huge confidence boost. You could see this push back the last two games and they still came out on top. We are an up and down team but one capable of a long up stretch. Pleassseeee make it right now.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Islanders +2
    Pens +2
    Bruins +2
    Rangers 0

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Updated:
    Islanders 45 GP 60 Points 82 Pts Max
    Boston 43 GP 56 Points 82 Pts Max
    NYR. 45 GP 52 Points 74 Pts Max

Isles getting 2 points tonight is killer for Rangers. Zero help for the Rangers this week.

Updated:
    Islanders 46 GP 62 Points 82 Pts Max
    Boston 44 GP 58 Points 82 Pts Max
    NYR. 46 GP 52 Points 72 Pts Max

Senior Member Junior Division
    Rangers 52p
    Nashville 51p (4th in Central)
    Montreal 47p (4th in North)
    Arizona 45p (4th in West)

Basically out of the playoff race in our division but would be in a playoff spot in any other division.

I know they've blown way too many games, but man are they getting fucked by this new format. Would have a WC spot if it was top 3 in each division and 2 WC spots in each conference too.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Rangers 52p
    Nashville 51p (4th in Central)
    Montreal 47p (4th in North)
    Arizona 45p (4th in West)

Basically out of the playoff race in our division but would be in a playoff spot in any other division.

I know they've blown way too many games, but man are they getting fucked by this new format. Would have a WC spot if it was top 3 in each division and 2 WC spots in each conference too.
    The thing is, everyone and their mother said a good team in the East was goi g to miss the playoffs because of this format. No surprises here. Just sucks we might be that team.

No point in continuing this

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    No point in continuing this

Post of the year LOL

Senior Member Midget Division
    R.I.P., thread. April 16, 2021 - April 22, 2021. We hardly knew ye.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    The thing is, everyone and their mother said a good team in the East was goi g to miss the playoffs because of this format. No surprises here. Just sucks we might be that team.
    Should make the four wildcard spots leaguewide instead of conference wide.

Just a thought, you know, since when unfortunate shit happens to some teams, they just change the rules, right Steve Yzerman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Hey, it lasted longer than the Superleague.

Lets hope this is the start of something special next year and this might be for an end of year thread was this year a success?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

Rangersí playoff pulse keeps getting stronger

The B’s, beaten by the Sabres on Friday and by the Penguins on Sunday afternoon, still hold two games in hand. They have nine to go, as opposed to seven for the Rangers, whose final two games are set to be played in Boston on May 6 and 8. The Bruins will still have two to play following that set, one at home against the Islanders before their finale in Washington.

So the Rangers in essence need to pick up at least four points on the Bruins over the next five games and then sweep Boston in regulation time. Owning the regulation wins tiebreak, that would clinch a playoff spot.

The Blueshirts have another at the Garden on Tuesday against the Sabres, then a pair against the Islanders in a home and home, before two at the Garden against the Capitals preceding the trip to Boston.

The Bruins have another in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, two at home against the Sabres and two in New Jersey — read that and weep — before the Rangers come to town.

There are other configurations for the Rangers, who could leave Boston with a one-point, two-point or three-point lead and then hope the Bruins don’t sweep their final two, but that would take the club’s fate out of its own destiny. Which is just the situation at this very moment.
    https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/new-yo...ting-stronger/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    I really think just the chase of us going through this is helping these kids mightily!! Whether we make it in or not, I still think we made a ton of progress this season...not to mention the boat loads of entertainment; I've been glued to this team since we dropped the puck back in January....I watched every single game...be it through foggy goggles or not!

I can't help it, I love these kids!

I'm curious to see what moves we make in the off season...I think when October rolls around, we're going to be really amped for next season.

They have been playing fine, but I think it's too tough of a schedule, but we'll see. At best I see them splitting the two games each with the Islanders and Capitals. They have played Washington tough this year, so who knows, and they can match up with Boston. Tomorrow is obviously a must win if they're going to have any chance at all.

Honestly, it's just good to be having this conversation right now.

This team is good. It's fun. It'd be in the playoffs in every other division. We have a lot to look forward to, whether in late May or in October.

Indeed. You're getting the vibes from late last year where this team was playing some of the best hockey in the league before the shutdowns, and was basically must watch. Exciting regardless, and there's even more to get excited about from this season.

Moderator Bantam Division
    Indeed. You're getting the vibes from late last year where this team was playing some of the best hockey in the league before the shutdowns, and was basically must watch. Exciting regardless, and there's even more to get excited about from this season.
    I don't mean to be annoying, but just for perspective the Rangers lost 5 of their last 7 before the shutdown last season (1 in OT). While that stretch included Mika's 5 goal game in an OT win against the Caps, their hot run had definitely cooled by the time they called the season. Doesn't mean they couldn't have caught some late fire and been in the playoff hunt, but that's not what was happening at the end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast