Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

Banned Junior Division
    Good. Better return

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    I don't think he's the guy to move. Not yet anyway.

Kid reminds me of a young Phil Housley....I think if we "don't have room for him", we MAKE room for him...

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'd much rather see Fox and Miller on PP1, Jones and Trouba on 2.

I don't know where it was decreed you need 4 forwards on the PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I agree! I hate that 4 forward shit...makes a team too susceptible to a shorty...and I like shots from the point. Trouba has a fucking cannon, and I hope next year he uses it. Zac looks like he's not afraid to pull the trigger so far.

I don't know about you, Pete, but this kid looks like a REALLY good skater and he moves and anticipates plays pretty well. No way we give this kid away before we know more....maybe that's just me, but I think this kid has more potential than we thought.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I agree! I hate that 4 forward shit...makes a team too susceptible to a shorty...and I like shots from the point. Trouba has a fucking cannon, and I hope next year he uses it. Zac looks like he's not afraid to pull the trigger so far.

I don't know about you, Pete, but this kid looks like a REALLY good skater and he moves and anticipates plays pretty well. No way we give this kid away before we know more....maybe that's just me, but I think this kid has more potential than we thought.
    I haven't really watched him closely, but all the reports say he's the real deal.

I think on the PP you need the constant thread of a shot. Miller has a cannon and Trouba isn't scared to shoot. It's just more balanced on the PP that way, IMO. That said, almost every team uses 4 forwards, so maybe I'm just missing something.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    I haven't really watched him closely, but all the reports say he's the real deal.

I think on the PP you need the constant thread of a shot. Miller has a cannon and Trouba isn't scared to shoot. It's just more balanced on the PP that way, IMO. That said, almost every team uses 4 forwards, so maybe I'm just missing something.
    You're not. I think most teams have "shootier" forwards than we do, and most teams also don't have the wealth of blueline offense we do.

What I like most about him is that he doesn't play like he's that "Deer in the headlights". He's very smooth and seems to know where he's going with the puck at all times.

He's got that Housley feel to him, and that number 6 doesn't help!! LOL

Senior Member Junior Division

You want your boy Ryan off the 1st unit?

4 forwards is the new standard and I think we've found a nice unit with Fox, Panarin, Ziba, Strome, Kreider. Could probably have a lefty in Strome's spot, but I dont think Miller is the right choice. I would give the spot to Buch, Kakko or Laf before him.

I like Miller, but to me he's not a PP guy. He got a decent shot, but thats probably it. He doesn't create offense like Fox, he's not a smooth skater, he's not a good puck mover and his puck control is suspect at times (He fumbles the puck ALOT).

Starting next season (If the team stays the same), I would go with:
    1:
    Kreids
    Panarin Zib Buch
    Fox
    2:
    Kakko
    Strome Kravtsov Lafreniere
    Jones/Lundkvist

Banned Junior Division

i dont want to see Miller on the PP at all. not yet, at least. maybe in a year or two...but then Lundkvist will probably come in and take his spot.

Senior Member Midget Division
    On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko
    Panarin - Zib - Strome
    Fox

Kreider did have that nice setup to Zib last night, but one thing I think Kreider isn't great with, where Kakko would be better, is one touching a pass from Strome right to Zib for a quick shot.

PP2

Chytil
    Lundkvist - Kravtsov - Laf
    Jones

Lundkvist one timers from the circle. Krav in the slot. Chytil in front of the net. Jones and Laf impersonating Panarin and Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko
    Panarin - Zib - Strome
    Fox

Kreider did have that nice setup to Zib last night, but one thing I think Kreider isn't great with, where Kakko would be better, is one touching a pass from Strome right to Zib for a quick shot.

PP2

Chytil
    Jones

Lundkvist one timers from the circle. Krav in the slot. Chytil in front of the net. Jones and Laf impersonating Panarin and Fox.
    What about Chytil makes you think he'd be good in that spot? I can't see him being willing to stand in there taking cross checks to get a tip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko
    Panarin - Zib - Strome
    Fox

PP2

Chytil
    Jones

I can go with that aswell, but I would have Kreider instead of Chytil on the 2nd unit. He knows the role and is good at it. I think he's better at faceoffs than Chytil too.

Actually I like this one better than mine lol, I would love to see Lundkvist in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What about Chytil makes you think he'd be good in that spot? I can't see him being willing to stand in there taking cross checks to get a tip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Chytil would do fine making passes from the goal line, finishing slam dunk plays at the side of the net, and hunting for rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    I can go with that aswell, but I would have Kreider instead of Chytil on the 2nd unit. He knows the role and is good at it. I think he's better at faceoffs than Chytil too.

Actually I like this one better than mine lol, I would love to see Lundkvist in that spot.
    Nah, Kreider and Barron are a PK unit

On this topic I like...

PP1

Kakko
    Panarin - Zib - Strome
    Fox

PP2

Chytil
    Jones

Kreider is our best PP goal scorer this year, and he was 2nd best last year. He thrives in front of the net, and not just with scoring, but screening the goalie as well. He needs to be on PP1 next year. Put Kakko where Strome currently is instead.

PP2 looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Kreider is our best PP goal scorer this year, and he was 2nd best last year. He thrives in front of the net, and not just with scoring, but screening the goalie as well. He needs to be on PP1 next year. Put Kakko where Strome currently is instead.

PP2 looks fun.
    Nah, Kreider is a 3rd line penalty killer. He wants to play on the PP I guess he'll have to waive his NMC.

Put Kakko in that spot and you're still getting all those slam dunks on the doorstep, but now you're also increasing Zib's scoring from the bumper spot.

Chytil would do fine making passes from the goal line, finishing slam dunk plays at the side of the net, and hunting for rebounds.
    Yeah, that's just part of the role of that spot. Screens, deflections, and puck retrieval are all other facets of that spot that Chytil wouldn't be very good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yeah, that's just part of the role of that spot. Screens, deflections, and puck retrieval are all other facets of that spot that Chytil wouldn't be very good at.
    pretty much exactly what he's doing here...

https://youtu.be/ISNZZxaKSkg?t=168

Nah, Kreider is a 3rd line penalty killer. He wants to play on the PP I guess he'll have to waive his NMC.

Put Kakko in that spot and you're still getting all those slam dunks on the doorstep, but now you're also increasing Zib's scoring from the bumper spot.
    The Kreider hate on the forum has reached an absurd level lol

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The Kreider hate on the forum has reached an absurd level lol
    I just wonder where this hate was before he signed that contract.. now he's here, we have to live with him. Might as well get over it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast