Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Im a bit confused. Is he coming here for this year and will play? How long did it take Kravtsov to crack this lineup after finishing his KHL season? Thought Quinn needs a lot of practices first?

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Im a bit confused. Is he coming here for this year and will play? How long did it take Kravtsov to crack this lineup after finishing his KHL season? Thought Quinn needs a lot of practices first?
    He's going to get some games in. Quinn also salivates over a good defenseman.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If he wears a Howden jersey he doesnt even have to go through covid protocol

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The end goal is to win the cup, yes. I think that, or deep playoffs runs for several years, defines success.
    By the time that's a realistic expectation or goal, then our defense will be more like 25 years old average lol

If Jones and Lundkvist join the mix, Trouba is supremely valuable along with Smith (if resigned). It would be very disappointing if this team didn't make the playoffs next season, so a defense with an average age of 22 is actually not that exciting to me. That was exciting three years ago, but we're past the stage of just being young for the sake of it. The best teams have veteran players. I hope they can bring in some experienced players this summer to mix in.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    We can dream
    Mac is a UFA after '22-'23....Mika becomes UFA after next season, and so does Strome. I can wait a year for Hockey Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Mac is a UFA after '22-'23....Mika becomes UFA after next season, and so does Strome. I can wait a year for Hockey Jesus!
    I’d say 0 chance he hits free agency

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I’d say 0 chance he hits free agency

We have the Players and we have the Cash....you never know, but I bet we're in the hunt to get him!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If Jones and Lundkvist join the mix, Trouba is supremely valuable along with Smith (if resigned). It would be very disappointing if this team didn't make the playoffs next season, so a defense with an average age of 22 is actually not that exciting to me. That was exciting three years ago, but we're past the stage of just being young for the sake of it. The best teams have veteran players. I hope they can bring in some experienced players this summer to mix in.
    Yeah agree with this.

Next season is playoffs or bust. Although I love Lundkvist, Jones and the rest of the guys, we gonna need some experience.

Fox and Lindgren will be in year 3/4 and will already have a top top season in the bag, but we need more than that.

Lindgren - Fox
    Miller - Lundkvist
    Jones - Trouba

That lineup should make the playoffs and also be hella funny to watch. I cant wait to watch all those young guys play, learn and turn into good NHL players. If 1, 2 or even 3 of those guys busts we have like 4 other exciting D prospects.

We deserve this after the last few years. Some of those D lines we’ve seen recently has been brutal.

Moderator Bantam Division
    NCAA champion box checked. On to bigger/better.

It's what Morgan Barron wanted to do last year but couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    It wouldn't shock me if Jones ultimately gets dangled as part of a package for a center. We'd essentially have 3 potentially legit PP QBs in Fox, Lundqvist, and Jones and we can't use 'em all - and we'd STILL have a logjam on D. I have a fantasy that somehow Stevie Y lets go of Dylan Larkin for Jones, Chytil, and something else, maybe Gauthier-ish. But, I know, very unlikely.
    Last edited by RodrigueGabriel; 04-12-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    From what I saw form Jones he is going to be an impactful NHL player. Great powerful skater with incredible hands. Seems like he's always jumping into the play. Interested to see if he's free to roam by Quinn. Almost seems very much like a lefty Deangelo

Senior Member Mite Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    It wouldn't shock me if Jones ultimately gets dangled as part of a package for a center. We'd essentially have 3 potentially legit PP QBs in Fox, Lundqvist, and Jones and we can't use 'em all - and we'd STILL have a logjam on D. I have a fantasy that somehow Stevie Y lets go of Dylan Larkin for Jones, Chytil, and something else, maybe Gauthier-ish. But, I know, very unlikely.
    I don't see that as unlikely as you may think. The Wings are headed towards closing out their 5th straight losing season; Larkin is going to be 25 this Summer, and will need to be resigned after the 22-23 season. While Detroit's prospect pool is highly regarded, most of their top prospects are 1-2 years away(Raymond, Seider, Veleno). Does it make sense to resign Larkin to a big money contract when they are this far away from competing?

Your proposal of Jones, Chytil, Gauthier would certainly give them some young NHL ready talent(TBD on Jones) to be more in accordance with the timeline of their prospect pool. If you sweetened it with this year's first, which is generally considered a weak draft that Rangers are unlikely to find immediate help at 2C, I think Yzerman would have to give it serious consideration. Then again, he is a pain in the ass to cut deals with, and would want something stupid like K' Andre Miller thrown in which would tank the deal.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    So they traded a year of his contract for bonuses, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    From what I saw form Jones he is going to be an impactful NHL player. Great powerful skater with incredible hands. Seems like he's always jumping into the play. Interested to see if he's free to roam by Quinn. Almost seems very much like a lefty Deangelo
    I'm not saying he's not good. It was a truly phenomenal pick. So is Lundqvist. I'm just saying we have more of that particular kind of good than we can effectively use and we may need to deploy some of it to beef up down the middle.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    At some point we are going to be hoarders of these kind of players and are going to need to make a few sacrifices in order to obtain other pieces of the puzzle.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So they traded a year of his contract for bonuses, essentially.
    Yup. That's a good way to look at it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    As for the short term, I can see Quinn scratching Hajek and keeping Smith in the lineup to get Jones in. I appreciate that Smith has been passable this year, but let's not get carried away. I can't see inserting him over a younger player, even if we are in playoff contention.

Senior Member Junior Division
    If they are still in it after 10 games, I don't think this kid gets a sniff unless there's an injury. What's the sense in this move? Really don't understand it. They have plenty of options on D if they need to. Why waste a year of ELC to get such a small look at the kid, if he can even crack the lineup in a potential playoff push? If he were a physical force, I'd get it, but another puck mover? Maybe I'm unaware of how much hype is behind him.

They’re arguably already not “still in it”

They’re not winning the cup- let the kids play.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast