Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sign Zac Jones to 3-Year ELC ($832.5K AAV); Will Report Immediately

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    pretty much exactly what he's doing here...

https://youtu.be/ISNZZxaKSkg?t=168
    Definitely. Kinda in that Malkin fashion. He just finds himself in front of the net when he's on. He's not going to be like Kreider, but he's going to be there .

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Kreider is our best PP goal scorer this year, and he was 2nd best last year. He thrives in front of the net, and not just with scoring, but screening the goalie as well. He needs to be on PP1 next year. Put Kakko where Strome currently is instead.

PP2 looks fun.
    That's what I was thinking. Kakko there instead of Strome. As much as we moan and groan about Kreider, he is putting up the PP goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just wonder where this hate was before he signed that contract.. now he's here, we have to live with him. Might as well get over it.
    There's nothing wrong with his contract. A lot of teams would take him at that price. The only reason we are talking about it more is because we landed Lafreniere. Otherwise we'd have nobody knocking on the doorstep on the left side of the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Kakko there instead of Strome. As much as we moan and groan about Kreider, he is putting up the PP goals.
    I'd even think about Lafreniere in that spot for one timers after seeing that game winning rip last night.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The Kreider hate on the forum has reached an absurd level lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just wonder where this hate was before he signed that contract.. now he's here, we have to live with him. Might as well get over it.
    I don't hate Kreider. He's already been bumped to the 3rd line, and Laf is only going to get better. I'd rather have Kakko down low on PP1. On PP2 Its Krav-Laf-Lundkvist-Jones all day. Only open spot is the down low net front guy. Unit needs a center, so it's Chytil.

It's not at all hate. Buch played 1:09 on the PK all last season. Now he's our top PKer AND having his best offensive season. He was asked to take on a new role and is thriving in it, but asking Kreider to adapt to a new role is hate?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    I don't hate Kreider. He's already been bumped to the 3rd line, and Laf is only going to get better. I'd rather have Kakko down low on PP1. On PP2 Its Krav-Laf-Lundkvist-Jones all day. Only open spot is the down low net front guy. Unit needs a center, so it's Chytil.

It's not at all hate. Buch played 1:09 on the PK all last season. Now he's our top PKer AND having his best offensive season. He was asked to take on a new role and is thriving in it, but asking Kreider to adapt to a new role is hate?
    Kreider's hate is rooted entirely in the fact that we gave the dude a Brinks truck before lucking into a LW that will almost assuredly surpass him within the next 12 months. It's the same as Trouba - if he were making like 20% less, nobody would bat an eye.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Kreider's hate is rooted entirely in the fact that we gave the dude a Brinks truck before lucking into a LW that will almost assuredly surpass him within the next 12 months. It's the same as Trouba - if he were making like 20% less, nobody would bat an eye.
    I find it hard to hate a guy that gives such GREAT hugs at the end of games! Who cares if he disappears for weeks at a time? ...and that $6.5 million is totally worth that lovin' at the end of a game we win!

I can't "hate" Kreider, I actually find him perplexing and comical!!! ...in a "hug-a-ble" kinda way nowadays.

But your point here G man, is pretty much the right sentiment as far as I see it. The money spent (contract) sets the expectation level in this town, I believe.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Nah, Kreider and Barron are a PK unit
    Kreider is 2nd in the league in PP goals. Not bad when he's a.) slumping hard, and b.) the PP didnt exist the first half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Kreider is 2nd in the league in PP goals. Not bad when he's a.) slumping hard, and b.) the PP didnt exist the first half of the season
    Kreider had 6 PP goals in the first 25 games. Zib had 1. PP was ranked 26th in the league at 15.4%

The last 25 games, Kreider 5 PP goals, Zib 8. PP is 2nd in the league at 29%.

I don't think Kreider makes the PP better. The PP's whole goal is to get shots of Zib. Kakko in place of Kreider increases Zib's looks.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Kreider had 6 PP goals in the first 25 games. Zib had 1. PP was ranked 26th in the league at 15.4%

I don't think Kreider makes the PP better. The PP's whole goal is to get shots of Zib. Kakko in place of Kreider increases Zib's looks.
    That's in part because Zib shoots sometimes, but yeah - when Zib gets pucks to the net and is a real threat, our Powerplay is way better and all of them benefit.

That's in part because Zib shoots sometimes, but yeah - when Zib gets pucks to the net and is a real threat, our Powerplay is way better and all of them benefit.
    We know the PP works better when Zibanejad is shooting - I've suggested all season separating Panarin and Zibanejad because of this.

But saying Kreider doesn't help Zibanejad's success, or help the power play is just... It seems entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed

Yes and currently it's Strome and Panarin trying to feed Zib. If Strome passes to Kreider at the side of the net it slows down the whole flow of the PP. Kakko would do better there.

We know the PP works better when Zibanejad is shooting - I've suggested all season separating Panarin and Zibanejad because of this.

But saying Kreider doesn't help Zibanejad's success, or help the power play is just... It seems entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed
    Suggesting to separate Panarin and Zibanejad when, even with the abysmal slump this season, they are 9th in the league on the PP over the last 2 years (22.3%, .2% behind 6th place) is well entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed.

Suggesting to separate Panarin and Zibanejad when, even with the abysmal slump this season, they are 9th in the league on the PP over the last 2 years (22.3%, .2% behind 6th place) is well entirely unfair and frankly, uninformed.
    Only if you think they couldnt have 2 successful PP units.

And having 2 units means you can come back with the Panarin or Zibanejad line when the PP expires, instead of a make-shift line of Rooney, Kakko and Jim Ramsay.

1A
    Kreider
    Zibanejad - Chytil - Buchnevich
    Fox

1Aa:
    Kakko
    Panarin - Strome - Lafreniere
    Miller

I've also suggested moving Fox away from Panarin. He defers everything to Panarin. I think Fox could be more effective away from Panarin.

Only if you think they couldnt have 2 successful PP units.

And having 2 units means you can come back with the Panarin or Zibanejad line when the PP expires, instead of a make-shift line of Rooney, Kakko and Jim Ramsay.
    So should Edmonton breakup McDavid and Draisaitl on the PP to make 2 units? Washington breakup Ovechkin and Oshie? Tampa break up Point and Stamkos? Toronto break up Matthews and Marner?

That has nothing to do with how Panarin and Zibanejad play together on the PP.

That has nothing to do with how Panarin and Zibanejad play together on the PP.
    Cool, so they are 15th and 16th in the league in PP points over the last 2 years and Zib is 2 pp goals behind the league leaders. Break them up because Josh has been in a locker room and he says so. Got it.

Cool, so they are 15th and 16th in the league in PP points over the last 2 years and Zib is 2 pp goals behind the league leaders. Break them up because Josh has been in a locker room and he says so. Got it.
    You've listed nothing that shows Zibanejad-Panarin are the reason the PP is successful.. while mentioning Kreider should be removed from the PP units, who is 6th in the in PP goals during the last 2 seasons, I can't find screen/tip stats, but we know he's one of the best in the league, and he ranks 3rd in the league in FinisherShooter Stats for CSA.

And I've been suggesting they'd have a chance to be more effective on the PP (And at ES) when spread out over 2 units.

Why?

If their role is the same (net front guy) why do we need a center? Chytil's not even better at faceoffs, so I dont really see a need to have him there over Kreids.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast