Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

2020-21 NHL Trade Deadline: Presented by 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer'

This years’ trade deadline is Monday, April 12 – 3 P.M. EST.

Please use this thread to discuss all trade deadline related topics including speculation and verified rumors through to deadline day.

--

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    This is going to be the most boring trade deadline ever.

Deals might be in single digits.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Dear Gorton, please don't sell anyone. Thanks.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Gorton's phone will be ringing. Strome and Buchnevich are having excellent seasons, but we aren't sniffing the playoffs here. I wonder who will try to pry one of them away...and if Gorton will entertain it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Gorton's phone will be ringing. Strome and Buchnevich are having excellent seasons, but we aren't sniffing the playoffs here. I wonder who will try to pry one of them away...and if Gorton will entertain it.
    I don't know why he would. Both players are under contract. We don't need any more picks. We're overflowing with prospects and this years draft stinks. Rangers will be buying this summer. Doesn't make sense to sell players who are cost controlled right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't know why he would. Both players are under contract. We don't need any more picks. We're overflowing with prospects and this years draft stinks. Rangers will be buying this summer. Doesn't make sense to sell players who are cost controlled right now.
    Buch isn't. He's an RFA this summer. But I don't think they need to rush sell anyone, really. The biggest question — Eichel — will 100% get handled in the offseason. I'd be entirely content with them doing nothing at the deadline, or doing very little, like sending Smith (UFA) to a contender as depth.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Buch isn't. He's an RFA this summer. But I don't think they need to rush sell anyone, really. The biggest question — Eichel — will 100% get handled in the offseason. I'd be entirely content with them doing nothing at the deadline, or doing very little, like sending Smith (UFA) to a contender as depth.
    I just don't know who has the space or willingness to want to take on even half of that contract.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    I'd love to get a shot at Jordan Greenway....If we're buying, that's the guy I'd like to land.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    This TDL will be about as eventful as the time they only acquired John Scott. I expect nothing and there really should be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    This TDL will be about as eventful as the time they only acquired John Scott. I expect nothing and there really should be nothing.
    Worse. Because it's highly unlikely they're adding at all.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Would think teams looking to strengthen the back end of their rosters would consider Blackwell and Smith. Neither are not gonna cost much, neither figures to have a future here, but both servicable vets. Really like Blackwell, but he's a 4th liner, nothing more. Smith on the 3rd pair is decent.

Doubt there will be much movement beyond those kinds of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I could see the Rangers doing even less moves than that. lol I mean, adding or subtracting.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    I could also see Rooney being asked for. A 4th line checking Center that can win draws and play a responsible 2 way game.

Smith for future considerations, and the future considerations would be "we considered it and he wasn't worth anything".

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Smith for future considerations, and the future considerations would be "we considered it and he wasn't worth anything".
    LOL. I'd offer him to contenders as quality depth and then look to bring him back as the team's 6/7 this off-season.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Wonder where Panarin ends up
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    ಠ_ಠ

The gulag

Red Army team.

Yeah agreed. And yeah, I meant that Buch is still under team control. Buch, IMO could be an important piece in an Eichel deal too so I don't see how or why they move him.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast