Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Adam Fox: Norris Candidate? Adam Fox: Norris Candidate!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Seems like Leetch must own every rangers defenseman record.

Was Leetch that good or was every rangers defenseman just so bad? Iím inclined to believe the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post

Was Leetch that good or was every rangers defenseman just so bad? I’m inclined to believe the latter.

Leetch is 8th all time for points by a defenseman. Only reason he didn't win a bunch more Norris trophies is he played at the same time a Lidstrom.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Leetch is 8th all time for points by a defenseman. Only reason he didn't win a bunch more Norris trophies is he played at the same time a Lidstrom.
    I would take Leetch over Lidstrom any day.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Only reason he did not win more Norris Trophies is that his play declined to some degree after 1997. I don't know if I want Fox to get the Norris. It will cost us about $2m in cap space and focus a lot of attention on him.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Only reason he did not win more Norris Trophies is that his play declined to some degree after 1997. I don't know if I want Fox to get the Norris. It will cost us about $2m in cap space and focus a lot of attention on him.
    The maximum bonus for winning an award is $250k. Fox's maximum bonuses are $850k which probably just reflects the maximum class A and not class B bonuses which awards fall into. He'll probably max out his bonuses this season, but in no world will they cost $2M.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    The maximum bonus for winning an award is $250k. Fox's maximum bonuses are $850k which probably just reflects the maximum class A and not class B bonuses which awards fall into. He'll probably max out his bonuses this season, but in no world will they cost $2M.
    I think he meant on his next contract.

Probably won't be 2 mill extra, but the "he's the best defender in the league" card his agent will play is gonna up the cost.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    We have no idea what his next deal will be worth and won't have a real indication until the Avs extend Makar this off-season.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think winning the Norris could be the difference between 9 and 11 on the next contract. If he is on the 1st All Star team I guess it might be close to 11 anyway. At this point, I think he's close to an assured spot on the 2d team at least.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I would take Leetch over Lidstrom any day.
    Not I

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Traitor!!

It's too bad he "only" got one point last night. He was everywhere that game.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division

Was Leetch that good or was every rangers defenseman just so bad? Iím inclined to believe the latter.
    He was THAT good, Nashty! Back when Leetch was a rookie, the only guys they were able to compare him to were Park, Greschner...and maybe Dave Maloney. Leetch was what I call, an "All timer". The guy was magic....plain and simple.

The cool thing about Leetch's tenure is that during that time we were able to bring in this Zubov fella ....Holy shit!!....you wanna see a power play with Leetch and Zubov at the points, and then Graves, Messier, and Kovalev up front?? It was like a dream team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    He was THAT good, Nashty! Back when Leetch was a rookie, the only guys they were able to compare him to were Park, Greschner...and maybe Dave Maloney. Leetch was what I call, an "All timer". The guy was magic....plain and simple.

The cool thing about Leetch's tenure is that during that time we were able to bring in this Zubov fella ....Holy shit!!....you wanna see a power play with Leetch and Zubov at the points, and then Graves, Messier, and Kovalev up front?? It was like a dream team!
    He was awesome the best Ranger player ever in my opinion with Hank a close second. FUCK Zubov was so slick what a mess getting rid of him Ozzy.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Ugh...To this day, I hated that trade, Paddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

I only started watching in roughly 96/97 so I never got to see him dominate. He was good when I watched him but its crazy to me that he seems to have every record and most by a mile too.

Time for some of them to be broken.

The Zubov trade was the turning point to the downward spiral of the team until the Rangers got Jagr.

I only started watching in roughly 96/97 so I never got to see him dominate. He was good when I watched him but its crazy to me that he seems to have every record and most by a mile too.

Time for some of them to be broken.
    Fox definitely makes me think of Leetch. Fox is a little awkward when you compare the two's skating ability. They couldn't catch Leetch...he was that fast, and REALLY slick. I remember the year he broke his ankle when the Rangers had their first legit shot at the cup back in March of '93. I was sick to my stomach for a week!

I guess the best way I could sum up Leetch, Nashty is....Think Fox times 2...with a really decent shot.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    The Zubov trade was the turning point to the downward spiral of the team until the Rangers got Jagr.

Worst trade we made in my lifetime. Point per game 24 year old defender and a point per game 23 year old center who had a rough lockout season dealt in the same deal. Shameful.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Worst trade we made in my lifetime. Point per game 24 year old defender and a point per game 23 year old center who had a rough lockout season dealt in the same deal. Shameful.
    Blame Messier.

As much as I liked Luc Robitaille, I didn't want to get him that way. lol

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast