Thread: 'Loki' on Disney Plus

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend

'Loki' on Disney Plus

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Looks sick!

Yup. This is gonna be awesome.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I was kind of skeptical on whether a series on Loki was really necessary, even though I do like the character a lot. But, this does look really good. Hiddelston does a good job.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    This looks really, really cool. I expect there to be lots of WTF moments like Wandavision.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    This looks really, really cool. I expect there to be lots of WTF moments like Wandavision.
    This show is going to be 15 levels of mindfuckery. The TVA is a really strange thing to be taking on here, but I suppose you have to get viewers used to multiple timelines existing sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    This show is going to be 15 levels of mindfuckery. The TVA is a really strange thing to be taking on here, but I suppose you have to get viewers used to multiple timelines existing sooner or later.
    Yes. A lot of people, including myself, thought WandaVision touched on the multiple timelines scenario with the whole Evan Peters debacle (which still remains to be seen IMO), but this show clearly intends to explore multiple timelines/multiverses. I'm very excited. It's going to be a main part of Phase 4 and I look forward to seeing how they handle it.

The Evan Peters stuff is the only thing I didn't care for in WandaVision. He just felt really out of place in the series. But, yeah, what that show touched on, Loki will take it to the next level, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    The Evan Peters stuff is the only thing I didn't care for in WandaVision. He just felt really out of place in the series. But, yeah, what that show touched on, Loki will take it to the next level, and then some.
    If all it turns out to be is an inside joke to fans and he winds up just being David Bohner (HAHA BONER GET IT) then that's pretty stupid. But if it turns out that he was actually part of the first foray into alternate universes then it will look a lot better.

The first episode is today! It looks like there will be six total.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    The back and forth between Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson is just....chef's kiss. If the next five episodes are this well-written, I'm fucking pumped.

This has the potential to be Disney's best Marvel series yet. Loki and Tom Hiddleston are extremely popular as is. This series is going to bring it.

Fantastic first episode. This is going to make Falcon and the Winter Soldier look like an even bigger joke than it was.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens