Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 243

Thread: M.I.A. Zibanejad?

  1. #41
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Ok, Zibby breaks out tonight against the B's!!!!

  2. #42
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33,132
    Rep Power
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Ok, Zibby breaks out tonight against the B's!!!!
    in hives? acne? of the defensive zone?

    He needs to ditch the terrible billie eilish dye job

  3. #43
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    in hives? acne? of the defensive zone?

    He needs to ditch the terrible billie eilish dye job
    LOL

    Yeah, that fucking mullet's gotta go!!!

    Who told him that looks good??? Brett Michaels???

  4. #44
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    A lot better from Mika last night. I think he's turned the corner. Best game of the season I'd say...

  5. #45
    Senior Member Midget Division
    paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,869
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    A lot better from Mika last night. I think he's turned the corner. Best game of the season I'd say...
    Ozzy he had a good night last night and plenty of opportunities and hopefully the pucks start hitting the back of the twine. After the glove save from Rask he's goy to be asking himself when is this going to end.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  6. #46
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Ozzy he had a good night last night and plenty of opportunities and hopefully the pucks start hitting the back of the twine. After the glove save from Rask he's goy to be asking himself when is this going to end.
    That stare back at Tukka was priceless!!! I almost fell outta my seat!! He was very into it last night, Mika. He's gonna open it up now Paddy. He started shooting more in the 2nd and 3rd....after he passed up 2 good chances in the first.

  7. #47
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    It seems reasonable to assume it's Covid related imo. We've seen it from time to time in other sports. Just like in society in general, most guys come back and are fine. But some struggle for a long time and it's usually down to respiratory issues. In the NFL, Myles Garrett was wrecking shop until he caught it halfway through the season. He came back after a couple of weeks and was nowhere near the same player, and never really got back to that level the rest of the season. He was complaining about being unable to catch his wind between plays. There are a couple of instances in the Premier League as well.
    With Zib the drop in performance seems more significant than just not being 100% on his game. I'm speculating of course, but it seems the most likely explanation to me.
    I'm still here. His issue has been being a step behind the play, a half second off on his shot timing, a few mph off of his shot. Have not thought he wasn't engaged. Feels like he has been pressing, but without full air in the tires. COVID is different with everyone - as I said, I have been watching my son's recovery - but it seems like it can be relatively easy to get back to 75-80%. 100% can be a much longer haul. In the NHL 80% looks like somebody is dogging it, doesn't care, not engaged, lost his skills, or any of the other things leveled at Zib in the past few weeks. Last night looked like he's finally getting both his speed and reactions back and I still think it's physical. May have a regression yet, but I am not doubting the underlying ability or commitment.

  8. #48
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I'm still here. His issue has been being a step behind the play, a half second off on his shot timing, a few mph off of his shot. Have not thought he wasn't engaged. Feels like he has been pressing, but without full air in the tires. COVID is different with everyone - as I said, I have been watching my son's recovery - but it seems like it can be relatively easy to get back to 75-80%. 100% can be a much longer haul. In the NHL 80% looks like somebody is dogging it, doesn't care, not engaged, lost his skills, or any of the other things leveled at Zib in the past few weeks. Last night looked like he's finally getting both his speed and reactions back and I still think it's physical. May have a regression yet, but I am not doubting the underlying ability or commitment.
    It still doesn't answer for that Mullet, RG!!!

    Nah man, I think you guys have a valid point. I don't doubt it beat him up pretty good, and it does affect everyone differently. He looked fairly good last night, and I hope there's more on the way.

  9. #49
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    It still doesn't answer for that Mullet, RG!!!

    Nah man, I think you guys have a valid point. I don't doubt it beat him up pretty good, and it does affect everyone differently. He looked fairly good last night, and I hope there's more on the way.
    Yeah. Must be a Swedish thing.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Junior Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,250
    Rep Power
    145
    The trainers should check Zib for snake bites. He's getting closer to lighting the lamp but for fans, this is very painful too.

  11. #51
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    That stare back at Tukka was priceless!!! I almost fell outta my seat!! He was very into it last night, Mika. He's gonna open it up now Paddy. He started shooting more in the 2nd and 3rd....after he passed up 2 good chances in the first.
    i'd pay $5 to hear what he was saying to Rask

  12. #52
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    i'd pay $5 to hear what he was saying to Rask
    He was probably asking for his wallet back!!!

  13. #53
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    He was probably asking for his wallet back!!!
    im hoping it is something much more vile

  14. #54
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,303
    Rep Power
    79
    Zib not producing is really killing this team. Their defense has found its form and the goaltending has been solid. Almost all of their games have been close. A few more goals/points from Zibanejad and you could pencil this team into a playoff spot. Hopefully he can get that ice breaker and starts to take off and everything else can continue to be steady.

  15. #55
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    186
    who's the first overall pick this year?

  16. #56
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,447
    Rep Power
    382
    U!

  17. #57
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    186

  18. #58
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,487
    Rep Power
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Yeah. Must be a Swedish thing.
    Have you seen the fucking animal that resides on Hedman's head

  19. #59
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,970
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    who's the first overall pick this year?
    Here's the Top 10 on Hockey Writers, CC
    http://thehockeywriters.com/2021-nhl...op-75-january/

    1. Brandt Clarke, D, Barrie Colts (OHL)

    2. Carson Lambos, D, Winnipeg Ice (WHL)

    3. Owen Power, D, University of Michigan (NCAA)

    4. Matthew Beniers, C, University of Michigan (NCAA)

    5. Simon Edvinsson, D, Fr?lunda J20 (Nationell)

    6. Luke Hughes, D, USNTDP (USHL)

    7. Dylan Guenther, RW, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

    8. Jesper Wallstedt, G, Lule? (SHL)

    9. William Eklund, C, Djurg?rdens IF (SHL)

    10. Fabian Lysell, RW, Lule? (SHL)

    I like the guy I bolded....I hear the kid can stick handle in a phone booth!!!

  20. #60
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    186
    Thanks Ozzy.
    We dont really need the top pick but I’ll take 4th OA.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •