Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It seems reasonable to assume it's Covid related imo. We've seen it from time to time in other sports. Just like in society in general, most guys come back and are fine. But some struggle for a long time and it's usually down to respiratory issues. In the NFL, Myles Garrett was wrecking shop until he caught it halfway through the season. He came back after a couple of weeks and was nowhere near the same player, and never really got back to that level the rest of the season. He was complaining about being unable to catch his wind between plays. There are a couple of instances in the Premier League as well.
    With Zib the drop in performance seems more significant than just not being 100% on his game. I'm speculating of course, but it seems the most likely explanation to me.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Had an assist on the en last night so we are 10 games in
    1 goal, 2 assists, -4. Took 2 penalties yesterday.
    Yesterday...... 8 offensive zone starts, most for any forward on the team. 27 shifts, most for any non d on the team

Gotta get this guy going ASAP.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    It's a matter of time, imo. He's not really doing anything wrong; he's just getting foiled by bad timing or good saves.

It's not a great start, but the last few games have looked way, way better. He needs a PPG or two here and he'll be right as rain.

Senior Member Midget Division
    He might not duplicate last season performance ,but in the end ,he will have a good season,he been a little unlucky ,pressing ,but he is still busting it out there ,he will start connecting soon

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It?s almost like his shot is off. His speed is there (had that insane sprint to the corner in the last game) which is kind of strange. It?ll come back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    It?s almost like his shot is off. His speed is there (had that insane sprint to the corner in the last game) which is kind of strange. It?ll come back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It's all timing. He's shanking one timers and missing high because he's behind the puck.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I hate seeing Zib do that full wind up to 1 o'clock, trying to blast it to the moon and then it goes wide and often out of the zone. A 9 or 10 o'clock wind up seems like it would be more accurate and not give the goaltender that .2 seconds to get over. Just my impression of his PP for 3 seasons now.

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I hate seeing Zib do that full wind up to 1 o'clock, trying to blast it to the moon and then it goes wide and often out of the zone. A 9 or 10 o'clock wind up seems like it would be more accurate and not give the goaltender that .2 seconds to get over. Just my impression of his PP for 3 seasons now.
    He doesn’t even give himself a good angle for it. Such an important year for both him and the team so they know whether or not he’s truly worth the ufa money he is going to want.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I think its more important to him $$$$$$$$ ,he is just trying too hard for it

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Its going o be hard for him when Buch has been just as invisible. Outside of the empty net goal the other night, he hasn't scored since game 2. Its going to be hard when you have two guys struggling on the same line.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I wouldn't say Buch has been invisible, he had seven or eight shots the other night.

Senior Member Junior Division
    No comments from me about waiving him due to lack of production will be made. Don't worry.
    Last edited by The Dude; 02-08-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I think that corner slot pp look needs a serious tweak. Great it worked 4 times last year. Doest mean its now money.
    He's way too close to the wall for it. Needs to eat h more Ovi videos to see where to actually be and not just think every goalie is going cross crease slowly.
    This. Stop doing the same play over and over. Between him and Panarin, this off wing onetimer from close to the boards is becoming an easy read.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wouldn't say Buch has been invisible, he had seven or eight shots the other night.
    On the score sheet he is. He seems to be going back to how he used to play, kind of just skating around and not getting as involved as he was to start the season.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Buchnevich has been the most consistently noticeable and dangerous Rangers player this season. If he had better luck (and line mates) he'd have more points than Panarin.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Buchnevich has been the most consistently noticeable and dangerous Rangers player this season. If he had better luck (and line mates) he'd have more points than Panarin.
    I have no issues with Buch at all. He has been pretty noticeable out there, and especially on the PK. He's got a very quick stick in the D Zone, and broke up a couple of passes in that Caps game. He'll get back on the score sheet soon...probably tonight.

Alright Mika tonight is as good as any to make a statement. Let's go! (in Swedish)

Alright Mika tonight is as good as any to make a statement. Let's go! (in Swedish)
    Gotta hope 3 days off helped him in some way i guess

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Gotta hope 3 days off helped him in some way i guess
    Swing batta batta batta suuuhhwwwinnnggg and a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Swing batta batta batta suuuhhwwwinnnggg and a miss.
    I dunno, his hair did have more flow last night.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast