Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by skjeitheday View Post
    I'd much rather they moved Buchnevich, Jones and Blackwell for Reinhart and a pick. Reinhart has a tremendous shot. He doesn't pass up shots. He's a north-south guy. Tough. On a better team he will pump in 35-40 goals every year. He's the guy I would target there.
    Oh, I like Reinhart! We might even be able to get him for less than that.

Reinhart is also a RFA coming off a $5.2 million dollar deal, so he may cost more than what Buffalo is willing to spend right now. It seems pretty likely that Eichel is pretty much outta there, so they may wanna start rebuilding AGAIN! LOL

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Reinhart getting talked about a lot ... he just doesnt move the needle for me. I rarely notice him when watching the Sabres. He does shoot, but other than that, he leaves a lot to be desired. He's almost a Mike Hoffman at this point. But Reinhart is a right handed shot. Where is he lining up? He's not getting the shooting spots on any PP in NY.
    I dont see the toughness or grit in his game everyone loves to bring up, either. It's not the best stat but he had 15 hits in 54 games. Eichel had 20 hits in 21 games. Panarin had 13 hits in 42 games.

Again, shooting, skill, talent, offense isn't a team need. Someone that hits someone, as much as its an MSG cliche, is needed.

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Reinhart getting talked about a lot ... he just doesnt move the needle for me. I rarely notice him when watching the Sabres. He does shoot, but other than that, he leaves a lot to be desired. He's almost a Mike Hoffman at this point. But Reinhart is a right handed shot. Where is he lining up? He's not getting the shooting spots on any PP in NY.
    I dont see the toughness or grit in his game everyone loves to bring up, either. It's not the best stat but he had 15 hits in 54 games. Eichel had 20 hits in 21 games. Panarin had 13 hits in 42 games.

Again, shooting, skill, talent, offense isn't a team need. Someone that hits someone, as much as its an MSG cliche, is needed.
    It's a devil you know scenario if I've ever seen one. Nice player, definitely, but I'd probably just as soon keep Buch, who I know (and who is lefty).
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division

Agreed. Reinhart feels like change for the sake of change. Not actually fixing anything.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    I'm staunchly against moving Buch. He's the only top 6 guy that doesn't shy away from mixing it up, and he's just hitting his stride as a great all-around winger. Let's not forget he was on our #1 PK and was DAMN good at it, in addition to being one of our most productive players for their price.

I'll get lambasted for this, but after the thing with Eichel's neck, and his general "trade me" attitude (including the publicity that comes with it), I wouldn't even do Buch straight up for him. He's a one dimensional guy with too much controversy for someone so young.
    Hidden Content

?'Things aren't what they used to be' is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.? Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold.

Banned Junior Division
    Im against moving Buch too. He’s one hellava all around player

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    I'm staunchly against moving Buch. He's the only top 6 guy that doesn't shy away from mixing it up, and he's just hitting his stride as a great all-around winger. Let's not forget he was on our #1 PK and was DAMN good at it, in addition to being one of our most productive players for their price.

I'll get lambasted for this, but after the thing with Eichel's neck, and his general "trade me" attitude (including the publicity that comes with it), I wouldn't even do Buch straight up for him. He's a one dimensional guy with too much controversy for someone so young.
    take away Eichels rookie season and he is over a point per game player in his career on the biggest sh*t show franchise in the NHL, Buch wouldn't even crack .5ppg over there. The Sabres have been weighed down by looney front office moves in the big pay days to Okposo & Skinner, Guy is playing with different players every single year, no stability. With that said im not trading away the future for him but if he can be had at a discount im for it. Not overpaying for him as it makes it hard, near impossible to afford Zibanejad, unless Krieder gets traded or abducted by aliens, which ever works.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    He's hurt way too much to begin with and is now going to have some sort of prosthetic spine made of pvc piping or something.

Also we just don't need a center, especially one we have to give up multiple assets for.

Junior Member Mite Division skjeitheday's Avatar
    Reinhart is always noticeable. Buchnevich is vastly overrated by Rangers fans. He stinks in big games. Every time the game gets physical, he vanishes and can only retaliate with his stick and takes dumb penalties. Reinhart is a much better player. He's just stuck on a crap team. In 8 games vs. the Islanders last year Reinhart had 4 g, 3 A, -1. That with a coach that the team hated to begin the season. Vs the Rangers he had 4 G 5 A in 8 games -2. So, how you say he isn't noticeable is a joke. In 8 games vs. the Isles Buchevich had 2 G, 1 A, 0. Poor numbers considering he's on a top line. vs Buff in 8 games he had 1 G 6 A +2. You put Reinhart on this team, you're quickly see just how much better of a player he is than Buchnevich. Which is why you are going to have to throw in a Jones. That might not be enough. You might have to send over Buchnevich and something more significant.

The year before in 3 games Buchnevich had 1 g, 0 A vs the Islanders. To me, Reinhart is figuring out how to score vs. the better defensive teams. Buchnevich is not. That and Reinhart has had a completely inferior supporting cast to work with. Especially on defense where those guys suck at moving the puck.
    Last edited by skjeitheday; 06-12-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Junior Member Mite Division WWJD's Avatar
    Reinhart is always noticeable. Buchnevich is vastly overrated by Rangers fans. He stinks in big games. Every time the game gets physical, he vanishes and can only retaliate with his stick and takes dumb penalties. Reinhart is a much better player. He's just stuck on a crap team. In 8 games vs. the Islanders last year Reinhart had 4 g, 3 A, -1. That with a coach that the team hated to begin the season. Vs the Rangers he had 4 G 5 A in 8 games -2. So, how you say he isn't noticeable is a joke. In 8 games vs. the Isles Buchevich had 2 G, 1 A, 0. Poor numbers considering he's on a top line. vs Buff in 8 games he had 1 G 6 A +2. You put Reinhart on this team, you're quickly see just how much better of a player he is than Buchnevich. Which is why you are going to have to throw in a Jones. That might not be enough. You might have to send over Buchnevich and something more significant.

The year before in 3 games Buchnevich had 1 g, 0 A vs the Islanders. To me, Reinhart is figuring out how to score vs. the better defensive teams. Buchnevich is not. That and Reinhart has had a completely inferior supporting cast to work with. Especially on defense where those guys suck at moving the puck.
    Good post. Reinhart it is then.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'd take Reinhart over Buch. Yes, he's typically noticeable.

Why are they looking to add offense?

Buchnevich was the most noticeable player in the series against Carolina. He was also the best defensive forward for the Rangers, and added some snarl to his game.

The grass it not always greener, especially when you hope for.. maybe a slightly better player offensively?

The Rangers desperately need guys that play big. Why do we keep discussing these lateral moves with Hertl, Kuznetsov, Reinhart? These are more of what they iced that last 3 years when the team wasnt good. Well, with the exception of Reinhart being a -26 and doesnt kill penalties

If Reinhart is so good, why are they trading him for Buchnevich and Jones?

Buchnevich also had 6pts in 8 games vs Pittsburgh, 7 in 8 vs Washington, and 6 in 7 vs Boston - the non-Islanders teams that made the playoffs.
    Big Game Sam was 3 in 8 (-9), 4 in 8 (-8) and 5 in 8 (-5) against those respective teams.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    I just feel like as soon. as Buch signs we will regret his contract. The Rangers need to get bigger and tougher to play against. There is a big reluctance to trade the youth and it seems to me that Buch has no chance of staying here. Nice player but he's more of what we already have and he's never going to have a higher trade value than now. Buch should be traded to add some meat and potatoes to this team. The classic talent for character move. (aka Niedereitter for Clutterbuck)

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I just feel like as soon. as Buch signs we will regret his contract. The Rangers need to get bigger and tougher to play against. There is a big reluctance to trade the youth and it seems to me that Buch has no chance of staying here. Nice player but he's more of what we already have and he's never going to have a higher trade value than now. Buch should be traded to add some meat and potatoes to this team. The classic talent for character move. (aka Niedereitter for Clutterbuck)
    Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.

If it's Niederreiter for Clutterbuck, he's pretty much going to Minnesota for Greenway? LOL.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

They have to be cautious with contracts regardless.
    No overpaying, no long contracts.
    I’m hoping Drury is on top of it.

That said, the contracts I fear are the Reinharts, Hertls, etc looking beyond 7x7. They need to avoid those at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.
    Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).

Again, Greenway isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.

I think moving your first line RW for, what will be, your 4th line LW is an overreaction.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).
    y isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.
    Greenway is not a fourth liner. Greenway addresses massive needs for this team. Buch is a nice player but he is a redundant piece on this team. It maybe a loss in terms of talent but in terms of team building that is the exact kind of trade they need to make. Sorry Josh.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Greenway is not a fourth liner. Greenway addresses massive needs for this team. Buch is a nice player but he is a redundant piece on this team. It maybe a loss in terms of talent but in terms of team building that is the exact kind of trade they need to make. Sorry Josh.
    Buch is not redundant. Strome is, because he's a shittier softee than Panarin and Zibanejad.

Who is he playing over?
    Lafreniere, Panarin, Kreider?
    Kakko, Kravtsov that also play the LW?

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast