Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    If the deal were Lundkvist and this years 1st for Eichel, do you do it?

Nevermind the question of how he fits or how this fixes team needs. Do you make that trade?
    Makes me more suspicious about that neck.

But yes.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Makes me more suspicious about that neck.

But yes.
    That asking price is very low. You’d 100% have to be concerned about that neck.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    If the deal were Lundkvist and this years 1st for Eichel, do you do it?

Nevermind the question of how he fits or how this fixes team needs. Do you make that trade?
    Kevyn Adams would have to go to prison for life if thatís all he gets.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

I donít think anybody bites on Eichel. Do you want to be the GM who gives up a 1st, a player & a prospect for a guy who may never be the same, while paying 10 mil. per. If itís me, I wonít take the chance of making the deal and looking like a fool if he doesnít bounce back. This is the kind of deal that will make your career or end it.

Meanwhile for Adams itís a win win, if he deals Eichel, heís saving the company 10 mil per and getting back a 1st, a player & a prospect. Taking that 10 mil and signing another healthy player while all the while saying we canít take the chance of keeping a disgruntled player who is injured and will bring the moraL down in the dressing room. And other the other hand he can say we need to keep one of the best players in the league.

So Basically Buffalo is gonna have to hold on to him for 2 yrs. this year for him to heal and get healthy, whether he has the surgery or not. And next to prove that heís healthy and raise his stock.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr.wiskers; 06-13-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    He scores his goals 3 feet away from the net
    All six of them!

He's been the source of constant trade talk from the start in Minnesota, among those who watch him all the time. Those folks aren't too enamored of him.

Eichel has 5 years at $10m per. Just wondering, how many of you would sign him at $10m per for 5 years if he were a UFA?

"Here's your 50 million dollars. Now would you prefer spinal fusion surgery or experimental disc replacement, Sir?"
    Last edited by Sod16; 06-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Hereís something I caught on blueshirts forever, Anthony Scultore:

Up until his suspension, Scheifele had five points in five playoff games. He has 3 years left on a deal that pays $6.125 million per season. So why am I bringing up Scheifele? Well thatís because Larry Brooks randomly inserted his name into the rumor mill with his latest Slap Shots column.

Though it goes without saying, it will be said anyway: If Mark Scheifele somehow becomes available out of Winnipeg, he is the player for whom the Rangers empty the cupboard, and the guy in Buffalo becomes Jack Who?

NY Post
    While Brooks could be speculating, itís also very possible that Scheifeleís name was whispered into his ear. Interesting, if nothing else.

I will say this though, the Jets could view some of the Rangers defense prospects like Matthew Robertson, or Zac Jones as legit trade pieces. Maybe coupled with Ryan Strome, a deal could be made.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Iíd rather scheiffele than eichel tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt. But besides Brooks, who is reporting he may even be available?

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Without a doubt. But besides Brooks, who is reporting he may even be available?
    Probably based on all the stories that came out about the Jets leadership team issues, including the Laine stories.

Scheifele in his health with his contract over Eichel in his health with his contract.

Plus he’s Canadian.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    That asking price is very low. You’d 100% have to be concerned about that neck.
    I think at the end of the day, this is around the final price the Rangers will have to pay, maybe throw in Gauthier or equivalent.

He wants out. He's having surgery, he's never won a damn thing. He's Eric Lindros without the playoff experience or the pudding head.

Not many teams can take on that salary, or looking for a big move. Unless Ottawa decides it's time to get back in the race. I picture his name fitting perfectly on an Ottawa jersey. But that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Scheifele in his health with his contract over Eichel in his health with his contract.
    No doubt. But the cost to aquire him would be waaaay more and the last trade with Winnipeg didn't really work in the Rangers favor.

Senior Member Squirt Division Costa's Avatar
    Unless Buffalo is willing to retain salary, I'm not touching Eichel even with a 10 foot pole.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.

If it's Niederreiter for Clutterbuck, he's pretty much going to Minnesota for Greenway? LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).

Again, Greenway isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.
    Did someone say Greenway??

It's cool Josh man!!! We all have our favorites...I watched a lot of Wild games this season, and I just liked watching the guy play and learn the power forward position. Greenway still has a lot to learn in my opinion, but I think he's going to be a force if put in the right setting.

I'd love to see him here, because I think he gives us some serious "WHOA" factor.

It's not an awful proposal by any means, but the fact it includes (arguably) the Rangers top two right-wings makes it logistically uncomfortable. The post-trade solution, barring a free agent signing, would effectively be to move Kreider to the right (something I've already suggested should happen sooner rather than later anyway) and then hope and pray Kakko's much improved defense finally brings along some offense with it as the team's 2RW.

Panarin - Eichel - Kreider
    Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
    Blackwell - Strome - Chytil
    Barron - Rooney - Gauthier
    god. the more you look at this the more i think we should not have signed kreider.

also what did we get for strome?

also outside of barron.. whos knows what he will be that line is vanilla
    Acqua in bocca

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    I mean, they had no way of expecting they'd luck into Lafreniere. It's hard to hold that against them.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Chitty chitty bang bang! BSBH Legend
    I’m also hearing the Rangers are not likely, or much less likely now, to be taking a big leap into the injured and expensive Jack Eichel pool.
    https://theathletic.com/2651823/2021...shared_article
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

better to develop more and wait till one of the two wonder twinns wants out of edmonton. that is coming.
    Acqua in bocca

First Gallant and now this. What a great week so far.

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast