• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 1st, a 7th, Ryan Lindgren, Ryan Spooner (nice) and Matt Beleskey for Nash.

Fucking Eh.

I think Beleskey signals this is going to be more than a one year program.

Beleskey costs us 800k or so against the cap if he doesn't make the team and 1.9 or so if he does.

Decidedly meh player.

Spooner, Lindgren, and a 1st is a pretty solid haul.

Beleskey costs us 800k or so against the cap if he doesn't make the team and 1.9 or so if he does.

Decidedly meh player.

Spooner, Lindgren, and a 1st is a pretty solid haul.

Thats just for the remainder of this season. He has 2 more years at 3,8m

They'll be eating Beleskey (and maybe more like it) for the next couple years. Safe to say McD, Zucc, all gone and next year is a write off.

I'm good with it. They'll essentially go from bottom three farm system to top three in a calendar year by the draft.

They'll be eating Beleskey (and maybe more like it) for the next couple years. Safe to say McD, Zucc, all gone and next year is a write off.

I'm good with it. They'll essentially go from bottom three farm system to top three in a calendar year by the draft.

no shit? I didnt see that,

my bad Rhommy!

Yeah, I'm A-OK with this. Got the first, got a workable asset in Spooner (who can either be flipped himself, or if retained, allows them to maximize returns on one of Hayes or Miller), got a second-round pick in Lindgren (Marc Staal, for when Staal is bought out?), and took on a Beleskey contract that should affect NOTHING given BOS took money on his deal to move him. Even if he's buried next season, his remaining cap hit will be negligible (sub $1M). For a rebuilding team, that doesn't matter one iota.

Archived