• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pavel Buchnevich, Jacob Trouba File for Arbitration

Phil

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can still sign before arbitration, right?

I don't think I know what filing for arbitration really means.

Edit - and after reading some posts, this is helpful to us...is that just because of the second buyout window?

Edit - and after reading some posts, this is helpful to us...is that just because of the second buyout window?

Arbitration is a third party that determines the salary of a player based on hearing testimony from each side.

Essentially, this is an "end date" with the players rights locked into that team (unless the elects to walk away from the arbitration award).

They can continue to negotiate terms up until the final decision is given by the arbitrator.

They also can't have a offer sheet tended to them by another team.

I'm struggling to think of comparable players for Trouba. The $7.5+ mil per season seems kind of high to me based on his past performance. I was looking at a little more than a guy like Esa Lindell or Ristolainen. I imagined that he would come in closer to $7 mil a season when we first got him but I might end up being a mil off each year.

I'm struggling to think of comparable players for Trouba. The $7.5+ mil per season seems kind of high to me based on his past performance. I was looking at a little more than a guy like Esa Lindell or Ristolainen. I imagined that he would come in closer to $7 mil a season when we first got him but I might end up being a mil off each year.

He can be in the #2 D tier with McDonagh , OEL, Byfuglien, Vlasic

6.5 is the number for me, or bridge him. 8 for Trouba is an over pay.

He's played a full season twice, and has been over THIRTY points only twice, and, those two facts don't even correlate. He had a season with 20 points in 80 games.

• Like 1

6.5 is the number for me, or bridge him. 8 for Trouba is an over pay.

He's played a full season twice, and has been over THIRTY points only twice, and, those two facts don't even correlate. He had a season with 20 points in 80 games.

This is where my head is at. It's too big a leap and risk for me that he'll somehow become a consistent stud.

He has to played full season because of hold outs. To avoid that, lock it down long term. 7y x hopefully under 8. The lower the better.

Based on only giving up Pionk, I’m more lenient with the cap hit. (If under 8)

Trouba stepped up to 50 points because he got a lot more PP time due to Buff's injury, including 10 more PP assists than he had ever had before. He clamored for opportunity. He got more, he delivered more.

On that basis, I would weight last year a lot higher than his 21 yo season (81g, 21p) - regarding it as a strong positive trend rather than a possible anomaly. He is headed for more opportunity than he's ever seen before and is potentially a lynch pin of the team. Don't pay him like you're making an arbitration argument and don't believe in him. $7.5 with reachable performance incentives.

Trouba stepped up to 50 points because he got a lot more PP time due to Buff's injury, including 10 more PP assists than he had ever had before. He clamored for opportunity. He got more, he delivered more.

On that basis, I would weight last year a lot higher than his 21 yo season (81g, 21p) - regarding it as a strong positive trend rather than a possible anomaly. He is headed for more opportunity than he's ever seen before and is potentially a lynch pin of the team. Don't pay him like you're making an arbitration argument and don't believe in him. $7.5 with reachable performance incentives.

7.5 should be where it's at. 7 is probably fair and he probably really wants 8. Cut it down the middle and lets move on.

I think he's a big upgrade based on the steaming pile of dung back there. I'm not sure he's a stud that we desperately want him to be. But it's all relative to who else is back there. Right or wrong I would think he lands in the middle @ 7.75M. Everybody seems to be within .5M of so of each other here.

** Dunny I hope your right and they can squeeze him down to 7M.