• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vikings

momentum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the premise is awesome, but the show puts me to sleep. I think the story has potential but the writing isn't engaging at all, and nothing happened in the first 2 episodes (action wise) to hook me.

Problem is, after watching Spartacus, GoT, and even Camelot, this show should be competing with them in terms of action, plot twists, etc., and it doesn't.

I keep falling asleep waiting for something to happen.

Probably because its History Channel. Would have been better served being produced by a network that knows how to pull this stuff off.

Have you gotten past the first two episodes? The main crux of the story line really hasn't taken place until the last two episodes, so I think you need to watch a few more before you can honestly call it.

Two episodes is too shallow a pool to base an honest judgement on. If it was adequate, I'd still be watching The Following.

Have you gotten past the first two episodes? The main crux of the story line really hasn't taken place until the last two episodes, so I think you need to watch a few more before you can honestly call it.

Two episodes is too shallow a pool to base an honest judgement on. If it was adequate, I'd still be watching The Following.

What if you can't stay awake through the 2 episodes? Episode one I barely made it and had to re-watch the last 10 minutes. The second episode I fell asleep after 10 minutes.

If you can't, you can't. I'm just saying, two episodes is a really small sample size to base your take on a series on IMO. If it was adequate enough, I'd still be watching The Following.

24, by comparison, I'd have bailed on watching, because I hated the first three episodes, and it didn't really get "good" until episodes 4, 5, 6.

Even Game of Thrones, before I read the books, I wasn't that sold on from episodes one and two. It took episode three or four to "hook" me.

If you can't, you can't. I'm just saying, two episodes is a really small sample size to base your take on a series on IMO. If it was adequate enough, I'd still be watching The Following.

24, by comparison, I'd have bailed on watching, because I hated the first three episodes, and it didn't really get "good" until episodes 4, 5, 6.

Even Game of Thrones, before I read the books, I wasn't that sold on from episodes one and two. It took episode three or four to "hook" me.

I get that, but it's not about not caring for it. It's about not being awake to even be able to decide of I like it because it's so fucking boring LOL.

We're going in circles. If it's that bad for you, don't watch it. I'm just saying, based on your complaint of not really having anything compelling happen yet, you're cutting yourself short, because the feud between Ragnar Lothbrok and Earl Haraldson takes on a whole new level starting with episode 4. It's this point on that the crux of this season truly begins.

My co-worker got to episode 5 of GoT and still couldn't find anything worthwhile in it. Fuck him then.

I'll give this 3-4 episodes. I'll attempt it this weekend.

Once you reach the end of Episode 4, if you still don't care, don't bother. The first two/three episodes set up the story/feud between Ragnar Lothbrok, the show's protagonist, and Earl Haraldson, one of it's antagonists.

We're going in circles. If it's that bad for you, don't watch it. I'm just saying, based on your complaint of not really having anything compelling happen yet, you're cutting yourself short, because the feud between Ragnar Lothbrok and Earl Haraldson takes on a whole new level starting with episode 4. It's this point on that the crux of this season truly begins.

I'm not. I just don't think a show can be categorized as "kick ass" if nothing compelling happens until episode 3. Just my $.02.

I'm not. I just don't think a show can be categorized as "kick ass" if nothing compelling happens until episode 3. Just my $.02.

Then Game of Thrones, 24, Prison Break, Breaking Bad and dozens of others can be lumped in there, depending on who you ask (me).

Then again, I don't buy the idea that nothing compelling happened in episodes 1 and 2 in the first place.

Episode 1:

Ragnar employs Floki to secretly build him a ship to sail West, directly ignoring the command of Earl Haraldson

Episode 2:

Ragnar, Rollo, and Floki embark on the unauthorized raid to England and Earl Haraldson begins killing those who supported him (the smith who forged his anchor). Ragnar takes the priest hostage, because he "sees" something in him

Then Game of Thrones, 24, Prison Break, Breaking Bad and dozens of others can be lumped in there, depending on who you ask (me).

Then again, I don't buy the idea that nothing compelling happened in episodes 1 and 2 in the first place.

Episode 1:

Ragnar employs Floki to secretly build him a ship to sail West, directly ignoring the command of Earl Haraldson

Episode 2:

Ragnar, Rollo, and Floki embark on the unauthorized raid to England and Earl Haraldson begins killing those who supported him (the smith who forged his anchor). Ragnar takes the priest hostage, because he "sees" something in him

Game of Thrones compelling shit happens in the first episode.

Jamie fucks his own sister and throws a kid out the window. That's not compelling?

I guess I was napping when the compelling shit happend in Vikings. :D

Game of Thrones compelling shit happens in the first episode.

Jamie fucks his own sister and throws a kid out the window. That's not compelling?

I guess I was napping when the compelling shit happend in Vikings. :D

Game of Thrones E01 wasn't that compelling to me. I'm aware of what happened, but I had no idea the importance of Jamie, Cersei or Bran for that matter. It took multiple episodes to establish the impact (all pun intended) of what occurred at the end of E01.

The hook at the end of GOT E01 was better than the hook of Vikings E01, but not by much IMO. It took me three, four episodes of GOT to truly get a scope of the picture, as most shows of this type (Rome, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, etc.) tend to do.

Phil is right...this show is a lot about just staging and explaining the different relationships in the first couple of episodes..you have to watch to episode 4 at least and I would suggest 5 to really get a feel for the show.

If you don't like it after watching the first 4 or 5 then I guess it's just not for you.

I mean I loved it instantly but im really INTO this kind of stuff and this stuff is extremely interesting to me since I'm decendant from the ppl and places they are showing on the show but def give it 4 shows before cutting it off.

But really no one is forcing anyone to watch anything, if it's too boring don't watch it.

What an action-packed episode tonight was! We now know exactly how this gets us to season two.

Love the little internal conflict between Rollo and Floki over Rollo "accepting" the be baptized.

Yes! loved the episode! Great with the king cursing him and swearing revenge....

Ragnar's response to King Aelle's attack on the camp was amazing, too, sending in his dead brother as a return favor.

That whole scene with Ragnar at the feast was just amazing too. I love all the little facial expressions he makes, laughing at all the requests and claims of Aelle, and the baptism scene as well.

Ragnar's response to King Aelle's attack on the camp was amazing, too, sending in his dead brother as a return favor.

That whole scene with Ragnar at the feast was just amazing too. I love all the little facial expressions he makes, laughing at all the requests and claims of Aelle, and the baptism scene as well.

Yes I agree...I have to say the Travis Fimmel who's portraying Ragnar is doing an amazing job, you really get the sense he IS the character Ragnar, he has created this multi nuanced character who is intelligent, charismatic, curious, brave, ruthless, funny and slightly insane all wrapped into one, he does such a great job acting with pure facial expression and very few words. Really a great character.

It's really interesting to watch the culture crash between the Scandinavian pagans and the English Christians...they have done a great job with it. You really get that sense of curiosity mixed with wariness and the feel that no one knows what to expect or what's going to happen next at any time.

• Like 1