• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

Guy has been benched a few times here and there and yes its rather unlikely. However, they are going for a cup and that usually costs something. Just an idea but I appreciate the input.

It’s slightly possible that they’d make a deal like that if they’re really going for it

Lots of key pieces there are getting up there and lots of miles.

Window won’t stay open forever.

Maybe they feel it’s their last shot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s slightly possible that they’d make a deal like that if they’re really going for it

Lots of key pieces there are getting up there and lots of miles.

Window won’t stay open forever.

Maybe they feel it’s their last shot.

That’s the only way I see the, doing it. It is fairly unlikely though but stranger things have happened lol

you right ,he use to kill Nash thread so bad it had to be frozen

Hey! You revived the long dead name of Tricky Ca$h. Forgot all about the " elite power forward " who lived on the perimeter. GGGGGGone on back to Columbus where he played as Capt. then moaned and cajoled his way out and came to our beloved NYR. The well overpaid playoff non performer. H.F!

Today, I want to trade all UFA and try to sign them in the offseason.

Kreider, Strome, Fast, Georgiev... they would bring back a ton of assets. These guys are highly sought after players and I think we will see much greater returns than last seasons deadline.

Update: Trade No One!

Update: Trade No One!

Did you see that stat during the game? Kreider has the most tip in goals in the NHL this season with 32??? Where the fuck do they get that stat?? He's got 14 goals for the season this year and I know of 5 off hand that were breakaway goals!!

Rangers? Chris Kreider decision is now obvious: Lock him up

They?re going to have to figure out how to convince Kreider, who notched his eighth goal in the last 13 games and 15th overall in Monday?s 6-2 Garden rout of the Islanders, to forego a shot at the open market merely months before he?s eligible to reach it.

Because it makes little sense for the Blueshirts to have invested in the incandescent Panarin, who scored two more goals and added three more assists and whose season is beginning to resemble Jaromir Jagr?s franchise record-setting 2005-06, and wheel one of their most important players for draft choices and futures.

The future may not be now and it may not arrive next year, but it sure will be a whole lot closer with No. 20 under contract rather than playing for someone else. It is going to be tricky, no doubt about that, but let?s just say it behooves general manager Jeff Gorton to at least get the ball rolling after somehow having gone this far without a single substantive conversation with the winger?s representative regarding a new deal.

Could it take the same seven years at $7 million per that Lou Lamoriello forked over to Anders Lee to keep the captain from straying off the Island last summer to keep Kreider in the only NHL uniform he?s ever worn? Yes, it could. Might it be for a year or two too many? Might it be for a half-million too much? Yes, it might. But you can fret over the 2025-26 and 2026-27 seasons while I?m more focused on the next two, three, four and five years.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/rangers-chris-kreider-decision-is-obvious-lock-him-up/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers’ Chris Kreider decision is now obvious: Lock him up

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/rangers-chris-kreider-decision-is-obvious-lock-him-up/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I love the idea, but as things are currently constructed with cap restrictions and whatnot, it's going to be really, really hard to justify that kind of contract. And yeah, it sucks: Kreider's almost uniquely hard to replace.

It's not hard to keep him if they want to do so. 7M per leaves them with just shy of 10M to handle Fast/DeAngelo/Strome, assuming cap goes up 2M. That's not enough for those 3 without moving some salary. Moving Skjei and/or Buchnevich, who are both tradeable and replaceable players, should do the trick.

The issue is it needs to happen at the TDL. You can't go into the offseason with Kreider re-signed and not enough cap space for your other players. Teams know you have to trade and the price drops for them. Last summer they couldn't even find a taker for Namestnikov, likely for this reason, as they had no problem dumping him for a 4th very early into the season.

Hey! You revived the long dead name of Tricky Ca$h. Forgot all about the " elite power forward " who lived on the perimeter. GGGGGGone on back to Columbus where he played as Capt. then moaned and cajoled his way out and came to our beloved NYR. The well overpaid playoff non performer. H.F!
damn,never should of bought up his name

Does anyone actually watch KK when he's on the ice?

To me, he looks confused with the puck half the time. Earlier in his career, he?d pass the puck as soon as he got it. Now he holds it a bit more and it looks awkward.

If CK20 isn?t skating or putting his big body in front of the net, idk when he?a on the ice.

Link:

--

Dreger also prefaced this by noting "It's assumed that Chris Kreider is likely going to be traded."

Video here: https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-teams-calling-defence-thin-leafs-~1875928

Damn... I don't like it. Team's gonna get worse. And be on worse footing to begin next season, making the Panarin and Trouba signing a little puzzling.

Not a fan.

...also not a fan of getting involved with "the big dogs." I don't want the 31st overall pick.