• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

This Feels Like the End for Chris Kreider and the Rangers

Phil

If we sign Kreider to an extension is there a limit to how high over the current cba salary cap we can be even before the following years cap is announced?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wont matter until July 1, 2020

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names excelled playing with highly-skilled Players in Tampa,maybe there is a chance he does so again here with a Panarin or Kakko?

Yea, I don't think it's a bad idea to do that. It a) should help build up some of his trade value b) help young players becuase he's good in 3 zones. It might take some presssure off of Kakko/Krav/Chytil or whoever to play with a guy who takes on a bulk of defensive responsibilities like Fast has done.

The problem is you can't pay him to do that, especially since he can't really be in the long term plans. I'd just move him now and be done with it, even if it means taking a bit less than you could potentially get at the deadline.

Exactly, Kreider?s extension kicks in next yr. and next yr. Girardi?s buyout cap goes down from 3.61 mil. To 1.11 mil. and Beleskey will be a UFA, which clears the whole 1.9 mil. You also have to look at Shattenkirk?next yr he has a 2 mil, signing bonus due July 01 in which case his remaining actual contract is 2 mil., I think he would be very tradeable then.

sure maybe Namestnikov clicks with better players which is bound to happen?right now it looks like Buchnevich is dropped to the 3rd line RW. But the decision comes down to who do you trade Namestnikov or Kreider because that?s what it?s gonna take to sign Buchnevich, Lemieux & ADA.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Exactly, Kreider?s extension kicks in next yr. and next yr. Girardi?s buyout cap goes down from 3.61 mil. To 1.11 mil. and Beleskey will be a UFA, which clears the whole 1.9 mil. You also have to look at Shattenkirk?next yr he has a 2 mil, signing bonus due July 01 in which case his remaining actual contract is 2 mil., I think he would be very tradeable then.

sure maybe Namestnikov clicks with better players which is bound to happen?right now it looks like Buchnevich is dropped to the 3rd line RW. But the decision comes down to who do you trade Namestnikov or Kreider because that?s what it?s gonna take to sign Buchnevich, Lemieux & ADA.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Exactly, I just think we have more of a need for Krieder's skill set than Namestnikov's

For one season. Then you're paying the equivalent in cap penalty in the second year of his buyout.

Year one: $970,8333

Year two: $3,145,833

Year three: $1,145,833

Year four: $1,145,833

I hadn't noticed that, but you are correct thank you.

Yea, I don't think it's a bad idea to do that. It a) should help build up some of his trade value b) help young players becuase he's good in 3 zones. It might take some presssure off of Kakko/Krav/Chytil or whoever to play with a guy who takes on a bulk of defensive responsibilities like Fast has done.

The problem is you can't pay him to do that, especially since he can't really be in the long term plans. I'd just move him now and be done with it, even if it means taking a bit less than you could potentially get at the deadline.

I actually wonder if he isn't an ideal replacement for Kreider in the event they trade him. He's generally good along the walls and rarely gives up in pursuit.

Panarin / Zibanejad / Kakko

Namestnikov / Chytil / Buchnevich or Kravtsov

You can probably really build his value that way, too, and then move him for futures as a rental if the team is out of it by the deadline.

I actually wonder if he isn't an ideal replacement for Kreider in the event they trade him. He's generally good along the walls and rarely gives up in pursuit.

Panarin / Zibanejad / Kakko

Namestnikov / Chytil / Buchnevich or Kravtsov

You can probably really build his value that way, too, and then move him for futures as a rental if the team is out of it by the deadline.

I think Strome has earned the "showcase" sweepstakes.

I think Strome has earned the "showcase" sweepstakes.

I agree. I think he deserves the first crack based on how much he exceeded expectations at the end of last season. Obviously, his inflated shooting percentage might have had something to do with it but I think he still deserves a chance there. Maybe he's finally fulfilling his potential?

Why? He's not a long-term piece. Again, there's never been a better moment to move Chytil back to the middle.

I just didn't like what I saw from Chytil as a center. I think long-term he ends up playing wing which probably benefits him and the team the most. Let's Chytil not have to worry about the defensive end as much and can focus more on producing offense.

I just didn't like what I saw from Chytil as a center. I think long-term he ends up playing wing which probably benefits him and the team the most. Let's Chytil not have to worry about the defensive end as much and can focus more on producing offense.

We're at the point with Chytil where if you're worried about defense, play him with Names or Fast. He actually doesn't need to worry about defense. Plenty of 2nd line centers don't.

He looked much more comfortable and free at center than he did at wing.

Chytil, just turning 20 and we're giving up on him at C?

I'm with Phil here. Kid needs a chance.

He'll get his chance, but I just don't think he's ready yet. He was drafted as someone with limitless upside but also someone who needs a bit of work, and we saw that last season. Think it will be another 2-3 years before we see what he's truly capable of - hopefully the Rangers don't impulsively trade him by then.