• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Nope, didn't play against them

Championship game was against that Little Ceaser's team this morning.

If the Colonials were there didn't get a chance to play them

I don't know if the 01's were there, the 02's were definitely there. Little Caesar's is no joke. Ilitch owns them too. They have a lot of former and current NHLer's kids playing for them at all levels.

On another pretty cool note, the coach for the team Michael played against yesterday is Mark Howe's son.

Sweet

I did notice that Little Ceaser runs two Pee Wee AAA teams, not sure what means.

I don't remember them running two bantam teams so maybe at pee wee they are focused on developing for bantams

Was a 3-1 game and parents said was good game

01's and 02's or 2 in the same birth year?

They are like us I think, we don't split per birth year anymore after squirts.

Thus why i was so happy my son made his team, some pretty talented 1st year Pee Wee's tried out.

One made it.

Ah, ok. AAA is kept to 1 birth year here. PW minor are 02's, PW major are 01's. You can play down a birth year if you were cut from the older team, but the younger team can only have 2 older players on a roster. You RARELY see that, though. More kids play up, than down.

Ah, ok. AAA is kept to 1 birth year here. PW minor are 02's, PW major are 01's. You can play down a birth year if you were cut from the older team, but the younger team can only have 2 older players on a roster. You RARELY see that, though. More kids play up, than down.

We have a really, really talented 02 Birth year, probably our most talented birthyear far and away.

So those kids were nipping at our 01 kids at tryouts.

But size and strength they do not have.

We have a really, really talented 02 Birth year, probably our most talented birthyear far and away.

So those kids were nipping at our 01 kids at tryouts.

But size and strength they do not have.

Michael's team are all 02's, and 1/2 the team are big boys. One kid is 5'6.

Michael's team are all 02's, and 1/2 the team are big boys. One kid is 5'6.

We have 5 or 6 kids over 5'6". Like my son from 140-165lbs.

I imagine your team will look like that next season.

Our 02 team, though very, very talented...is very very small.

What's amazing though is my son's football team.

12 and 13 year olds.

6 kids right at 6'.

8 kids close to the 200lb mark.

I don't know if the 01's were there, the 02's were definitely there. Little Caesar's is no joke. Ilitch owns them too. They have a lot of former and current NHLer's kids playing for them at all levels.

On another pretty cool note, the coach for the team Michael played against yesterday is Mark Howe's son.

Nolan Howe. He was at our rink all last year and still does lessons there a couple of days a week. He runs "Know Howe Hockey",

I saw a kid fall and slide into the net and hit his neck when I was a squirt. I never had trouble wearing a neck guard, but after that, I wore it all through high school.

Basically, you have to take one for the team and slide into the net neck first.

Hitting your neck, and getting lacerated by a skate are 2 different animals. They need to wear it. Michael used to wear one, but he outgrew it and when I bought him a new one he didn't like it. He has the plastic throat guard, but I still want him to wear something to protect the entire neck. He got slashed with a stick after a scrum in the crease and had a nasty welt on his neck. It makes me nervous when he's underneath a pile up. You never know what can happen, a kid can be pinned under there and start kicking.

Yep, and since your son is a goalie, it's extra important. Hope you can get him to wear one. :thumbs:

All I'm saying is when I was young and impressionable, seeing a kid laying on the ice after sliding into the net made an impression on me. Though if I saw a kid get his neck sliced open, I probably would have quit hockey with PTSD at age 8.

Yep, and since your son is a goalie, it's extra important. Hope you can get him to wear one. :thumbs:

All I'm saying is when I was young and impressionable, seeing a kid laying on the ice after sliding into the net made an impression on me. Though if I saw a kid get his neck sliced open, I probably would have quit hockey with PTSD at age 8.

Yeah, now that we're talking about it, and I'm thinking about it, I'm going to start convincing him to wear one. I'll try to ease him into it.