• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Devils Waive Nikita Gusev, Who is Better than Panarin, in Case You Forgot

Phil

i still dont get how that works. why some players can be waived for contract termination and some cant

All can. Players just don't because their contract is guaranteed. They rarely are just going to say no to the money.

i still dont get how that works. why some players can be waived for contract termination and some cant

This is agreed upon between player/agent and team. It's a formality in order to terminate his contract, which means he's going back to Russia.

All can. Players just don't because their contract is guaranteed. They rarely are just going to say no to the money.

Not all. Players with No-Movement Clauses cannot be placed on waivers, including unconditional waivers, without their express permission as I understand it. Otherwise, spot on.

For unconditional waivers, yeah. Also for anyone who has a full no-movement clause. It's why there are no-moves and no-trades. They're technically two different things. No-moves have to do with literal movement. The player can't be moved (waived) without his express permission. No-trades allow him to block trades based on how extensive they are (like if they are partial or full).

This is agreed upon between player/agent and team. It's a formality in order to terminate his contract, which means he's going back to Russia.

Not all. Players with No-Movement Clauses cannot be placed on waivers, including unconditional waivers, without their express permission as I understand it. Otherwise, spot on.

Yea, of course a player with an NMC isn't going to waive it ... To be waived LOL.

These waivers need to be mutually agreed upon anyway, right?