• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

Elliotte Friedman, DJ Hradek and Arthur Staples discussed Panarin at length on NHL Network. They all think Lou's ready to make a big splash, especially with Lee and Lehner not signed. Friedman said up front that FLA is still favorite, but after that, all of the talk was about the Islanders. They are even talking about Isles package deal for Panarin and Bobro. I don't want them going to the Islanders, but I'm quite happy that we have enough new toys for the coming season.

Foreigners dont dream of coming to the Big Apple to play for the Mets, Jets or Islanders.

His desire for NY seems to be for NY, the big lights, the big time... thats not the Islanders. little small market shit stain.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreigners dont dream of coming to the Big Apple to play for the Mets, Jets or Islanders.

His desire for NY seems to be for NY, the big lights, the big time... thats not the Islanders. little small market shit stain.

How do the Isles sell playing in 2 different arenas, and the idea that Belmont is no lock? They made Tavares the bad guy, but who signs up for that long term?

Pananrin needs to be taken on a tour that includes: (1) the lovely Elmont area near the race track; (2) a rush hour drive from the Islanders' practice rink at Eisenhower Park to Barclays; and (3) crossing Hempstead Turnpike in Uniondale on foot. "I want to be a part of it, LI, LI". After that, they should take him to skate on some slush and finish the day with a trip to a planning committee meeting with yapping Long Island residents doing everything in their power to stop or delay the new rink.

Reading about Morgan Barron gives me a woody. 6-4 215 and getting it done at College playing a competitive schedule.

In fact it seems like we are cornering the market on late round picks that are developing

Apparently Rykov turned into some kind of meat beast too - he's 6'3 225 and can still skate well.

Apparently Rykov turned into some kind of meat beast too - he's 6'3 225 and can still skate well.

Wow...that's big. Also read somewhere that K'Andre, outside of Kravtsov, was the best player on the ice during the prospects skates. Starting to look very promising on our prospect front.

agreed. almost to the point that i really don't care if we get Panarin or not. These kids have so much potential if everything breaks right we can be down right beastly in 2 years.

they were even touting Huska this morning on the radio, basically saying how deep we are in net. Have to think we can move one of those assets for a decent return in the next year or two.

I'm really hoping JD gets the right staff in place in Hartford. That's almost paramount at this point to what is going on at the Garden.

They saw a lot of Rykov with their scouts being in Russia so much over the last several years. They were very high on him despite him only being a 5th round pick. It’s starting to seem like maybe they were right about him.

agreed. almost to the point that i really don't care if we get Panarin or not. These kids have so much potential if everything breaks right we can be down right beastly in 2 years.

they were even touting Huska this morning on the radio, basically saying how deep we are in net. Have to think we can move one of those assets for a decent return in the next year or two.

I'm really hoping JD gets the right staff in place in Hartford. That's almost paramount at this point to what is going on at the Garden.

I really want Panarin, but the Rangers will be just fine if it doesn't happen. It's a great position to be in, where plan B makes pretty much as much sense as plan A.

He absolutely has to get it right in Hartford. The coaches and staff there will be dealing with many of these kids over the next several years and will have a huge influence over their development

When it’s all said and done for him in this role, good part of what JD will be evaluated upon will be tied to Hartford and what he does there.

I really want Panarin, but the Rangers will be just fine if it doesn't happen. It's a great position to be in, where plan B makes pretty much as much sense as plan A.

Agreed.

If Panarin signs, it’s a huge addition and it makes them better immediately and accelerates things by at least half a season

But if he signs elsewhere , staying the course with the kids should not upset anyone.

Pananrin needs to be taken on a tour that includes: (1) the lovely Elmont area near the race track; (2) a rush hour drive from the Islanders' practice rink at Eisenhower Park to Barclays; and (3) crossing Hempstead Turnpike in Uniondale on foot. "I want to be a part of it, LI, LI". After that, they should take him to skate on some slush and finish the day with a trip to a planning committee meeting with yapping Long Island residents doing everything in their power to stop or delay the new rink.

While you're not wrong on any counts as a born and raised LI'r can I (respectfully) say "F YOU!"?

While you're not wrong on any counts as a born and raised LI'r can I (respectfully) say "F YOU!"?

There's the Gold Coast, the South Shore, out east and the rest....the utter crap that is really ugly overtaxed Queens East. All with 3 traffic-clogged highways that are always a mess.

So, if Panarin doesn't seem realistic after free agency opens up. How about an offer sheet for Marner? Or maybe low ball the Leafs to take Nylander off their hands?

Shattenkirk 1/2 retained

Buchnevich

Georgiev

And 2 conditional picks based on Nylanders 1st two years production?

So, if Panarin doesn't seem realistic after free agency opens up. How about an offer sheet for Marner? Or maybe low ball the Leafs to take Nylander off their hands?

Shattenkirk 1/2 retained

Buchnevich

Georgiev

And 2 conditional picks based on Nylanders 1st two years production?

If the Rangers don't get Panarin it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Can't offer sheet though. We're not in a place to give up a 1st let alone 4. gotta hang on to those picks. That's the only way to sustain.