• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pavel Buchnevich, Jacob Trouba File for Arbitration

Phil

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling to think of comparable players for Trouba. The $7.5+ mil per season seems kind of high to me based on his past performance. I was looking at a little more than a guy like Esa Lindell or Ristolainen. I imagined that he would come in closer to $7 mil a season when we first got him but I might end up being a mil off each year.

I think he's a lot like Risto.

Yeah, they’ve probably been asked to file.

Somebody’s getting bought out.

Maybe. They have the option, but they'll likely explore trades (Namestnikov, Strome) beforehand. Strome, interestingly enough, can't actually be bought out in the second window. He makes under the required salary ($3.45 million), so he's ineligible.

Maybe. They have the option, but they'll likely explore trades (Namestnikov, Strome) beforehand. Strome, interestingly enough, can't actually be bought out in the second window. He makes under the required salary ($3.45 million), so he's ineligible.

I’m not really down with buying anyone out. Smith might as well be buried in Hartford and Shatty makes no sense at this point. I just can’t see why they’d let Trouba go to arbitration unless there’s a motive.

I'm not down to get rid of Strome. He was good and he's not that expensive. He's a great stop gap center and can also play wing.

He's OK, but I agree he's a fine stopgap. Versatile enough for another year. The suggestion about him and a buyout wasn't performance-based as much as it was based on his age, which would allow for a cheaper buyout (1/3 versus 2/3).

I’m not really down with buying anyone out. Smith might as well be buried in Hartford and Shatty makes no sense at this point. I just can’t see why they’d let Trouba go to arbitration unless there’s a motive.

They may not have a choice in the matter. Going into the next two years a lot will come off to give them the flexibility to do what they want, but in order to get under the cap this year, they may have to buy someone like Smith out in that second window.

They may not have a choice in the matter. Going into the next two years a lot will come off to give them the flexibility to do what they want, but in order to get under the cap this year, they may have to buy someone like Smith out in that second window.

t

Admittedly I haven’t done the numbers, but surely keeping Smith and Beleskey in Hartford + one trade should do it? Assuming they’re not trying to keep all of Kreider/Names/Strome.

t

Admittedly I haven’t done the numbers, but surely keeping Smith and Beleskey in Hartford + one trade should do it? Assuming they’re not trying to keep all of Kreider/Names/Strome.

If you figure $15m in contracts to RFAs...

Trouba - 7.5

Buch - 3.5

ADA - 2

Lemieux - 2

Plus Kakko/Kravtsov - 2

You're ~9m over the cap. You get real close by trading Namest (4) AND Strome (3.1) and then burying Smith (1.1) and Beleskey (1.1). I think you have to add a buyout or another trade to really make it work, because bonuses to all the ELC guys would likely push you over.

It seems like every day that passes with no news of trades or signings, the Rangers are going to have a more difficult time getting their cap space figured out. It just seems like teams are signing players every day and their cap space gets tighter and tighter. Meaning the options for the Rangers gets really limited to which teams they can make a deal with. Does anybody have a tidbit in the rumor mill? Just seems eerily quiet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

wonder if they give him a one year deal with the understanding they lock him into 8 years after next years deadline.

Saw that on the Post. Trouble is he is then UFA. Maybe kicking the can down the road on Kreider also. I guess that is better than rushing into bad deals.

wonder if they give him a one year deal with the understanding they lock him into 8 years after next years deadline.

Saw that too.

That’s an interesting gamble for Trouba. He’d get a raise on a 1 year deal this season, earn the possibility of an 8 year deal, and potentially earn about $15 million more with 9 years of paydays. But if he gets hurt or has a poor season, how much does that hurt him? It’s got its share of risk

The Rangers probably don’t let it get that far. Doubt they’d want to risk him going to UFA next summer. And I don’t know that they’d want to be into him for 9 years. They probably give him 7 years and in the $50 million neighborhood before the hearing

I would never in a million years give Buch an 8 year deal. The kid barely has a pulse and 7 out of 10 games he loses a friend or his dog. I've never seen anybody cry during a meaningless game like he did.

Dont think there?s a person on this planet thats talking about giving buch 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk