• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Who Starts in Goal? (Playoff Edition)

Keirik

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discuss. Really there is almost a great case for any of the three in Lundy, Sheshty, or Georgie

No real case for Georgiev. He?s been the backup for 3 years and nothing has happened to change that.

Plus in his 2 career starts vs Carolina. 10 GA. 5.07 GAA. .880 Sv.%

They roll in with Igor and Hank.

Gotta start Igor. He?s just been so good.

If he falters, you go to the future HOF?er with a mountain of playoff experience and gaudy career numbers vs Carolina.

46 GP vs Carolina

33-12-1

2.00 GAA

.934 Sv. %

Fantastic numbers over a huge sample.

Looking deeper into the splits vs Carolina, he?s beaten them religiously, whether or not the Rangers has the better team

I do see the case. But you have to go Igor first.

He?s been dominant.

Shesty will be the #1. That's been obvious through out the season since his call up. Personally, I'd give Henrik his chance to steal back the reigns for this historic opportunity. The team has nothing to lose, being they were out of a playoff spot when the season halted.

I give it to Henrik with the understanding that ...."Listen man, this is your last shot here. We are moving on next season. Go out and bring the cup back here!"

The competitive nature in Henrik could be the extra push this team may need to really progress through this tournament. Hell, I'll one up that and give him the C to carry this team over the mountain. If he does it, EPIC story in Ranger history. If he doesn't, we lose out on the asterisk Cup.

Go get em Henke! Bring the cup back to NY!!

^Will never happen but one can wish.

Igor showed himself to be the top goalie here.Period. Full stop.

Brooks writes a happytalk nonsense story today how this should be Lundqvist's final rodeo. But he hasn't been good for a while, not by statistics and worse by eyeballs. "Competitive nature"; like early goals, garbage goals, giving up a goal right after the NYR score? His puckhandling has never been good, but it's gotten worse. By eyeballs the team plays better in front of Shesterkin.

I'm wondering if, for the qualifying series vs Carolina, they split either Hank or Igor back to back in games 1 and 2 to see who can come in hot. Regardless of the form players were in before, we've have a several month pause so who knows who will be the 'hot' goalie

Maybe a few months rest helps Hank feel like Hank? I'd still lean Igor but i don't think it's necesarilly clear cut

I would really want Hank to atleast get a look, but in a bo5 thats not really possible. Every game is so important. Igor has to start, and if we somehow gets blown out or Igor has a bad game, give Hank game 2 to prove himself.

Just dont let Igor and Buch drive together to the hub city.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No real case for Georgiev. He?s been the backup for 3 years and nothing has happened to change that.

Plus in his 2 career starts vs Carolina. 10 GA. 5.07 GAA. .880 Sv.%

The case that can be made for Georgie is just as simple of if they plan on trading him, a series win could increase his value going into the offseason. I know, it?s the playoffs, but this is a unique year and not a traditional situation and the Rangers not just dominate the Canes but also score a good amount against them.

I?m not saying I would start him. Just that the argument is there if a team like the Rangers looks at this as more of a gift playoff birth rather than the road to the cup.

Exhibition games? What did I miss?

To me it's Igor's to lose and I don't expect he will, I think Hank will be the backup to start. Honestly I don't see anyway he takes the #1 away from Igor barring an injury.

Exhibition games? What did I miss?

To me it's Igor's to lose and I don't expect he will, I think Hank will be the backup to start. Honestly I don't see anyway he takes the #1 away from Igor barring an injury.

Each team gets two exhibition games before the Qualifying Round/Round Robin.

Shesterkin. As long as he's good to go.

Give him both exhibition starts to make sure.

If he's off, you give both starts to Lundqvist to get him in his groove.

With 2 exhibition games, you dont waste time on playing Georgiev unless there is a major issue with Lundqvist or Shesterkin.

You gotta give Hank a shot at this in one of the exhibition games.

This situation could be exactly the kick he needs to up his hunger and desire. Coming back for one last playoff push and proving all the doubters and haters wrong? That would be all the motivation I need, but maybe I've been watching too much of the 'Last Dance' :D