• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

Phil

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two thoughts:

Not much sympathy for TB being without Hedman and Kuchy. If the Rangers hadn't been saddled with all sorts of injuries, including their best player, TB would not have gone to the finals in 2015.

There will be talk of TB's window closing, just as there was with Washington two years ago. A TB team that is less dominant in the regular season and better primed for the playoffs could be right where it needs to be next year, just as Washington was last year.

Two thoughts:

Not much sympathy for TB being without Hedman and Kuchy. If the Rangers hadn't been saddled with all sorts of injuries, including their best player, TB would not have gone to the finals in 2015.

There will be talk of TB's window closing, just as there was with Washington two years ago. A TB team that is less dominant in the regular season and better primed for the playoffs could be right where it needs to be next year, just as Washington was last year.

Watch them cruise through the playoffs next season when we dont get a 1st if they win.

Watch them cruise through the playoffs next season when we dont get a 1st if they win.

No team 'cruises' to 16 wins, as many former President Trophy winning teams have learned as they've been bounced. If I was Lightning I'd look at Capitals as case study - look at how many times Washington dominated in the regular season only to flame out early in the playoffs. The locker room had to change in Washington before they got their Cup - it wasn't their most talented team that finally got it done. TB has yet to prove it has the mettle to get it done - Islanders have issued a challenge with their play that Lightning have so far failed to match.

No team 'cruises' to 16 wins, as many former President Trophy winning teams have learned as they've been bounced. If I was Lightning I'd look at Capitals as case study - look at how many times Washington dominated in the regular season only to flame out early in the playoffs. The locker room had to change in Washington before they got their Cup - it wasn't their most talented team that finally got it done. TB has yet to prove it has the mettle to get it done - Islanders have issued a challenge with their play that Lightning have so far failed to match.

There are many examples of this. The Islanders ripped up the regular season in 78-79 before losing to the Rangers. They had a listless regular season the following year, finishing fully 25 points below the previous year, but won their first cup.

They were like six points ahead of our beloved Rangers.

They're playing the "best team ever".

Anything can happen in a short tournament. This is a short tournament.

This team is vastly superior to our “beloved Rangers” and were pretty complete even before the deadline. They’re finally playing as the sum of its parts.

Tampa not winning a Stanley Cup with this core is far worse than the Rangers not winning when they were good. Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point, McDonagh etc. They should be embarrassed getting outworked so badly thus far.

That true, but their window is not closed, and with the way Yz has handled the cap situation there, I dont think it will close any time soon. Hedman is 28, stamkos 29, kucherov 25, point 23, mcdonagh 29 and sergachev 20, all signed. They have many good years left.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I know they just extended cooper but if they get swept he has to be on the hot seat for this. Pretty embarrassing.

Don’t get me wrong I still want them to come back but wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A friend of mine that lives in Tampa told me during Game 3 that fans are already calling for Cooper's head.