• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers at Flyers Preseason Game #3 ? 9/21/19 ? 7pm, MSG, NHLN

Drew a Penalty

You're not making any sense, but I'll entertain it.

1. I'd never blame a player for playing the way the coach wants them to play.

2. 2/3 of last night's team will be in the A or ECHL next week.

Still no basis for the Quinn hate. It's only been one season, and one with a shit roster. I'm not understanding the point.

This, plus Sam and Joe flat out said "He is a good coach" LOL. I recall Don LaGreca and Greg Buttle saying the same about Todd Bowles LMFAO. Can't tell anything yet, however, I do have my doubts as well. Oh and they should have bought out Henrik instead of Slowandkirk but whatever.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys don?t stand out in these situations when they are trying to play to a person instead of playing their game.

And I?ll criticize my mom for shit, doesn?t mean I hate her. He?s still learning, too, but I don?t want him to neuter kids.

I still don't really get it.

Camp is about learning the system and structure. They clearly have defensive issues. The offense should flow freely.

Who's neutered?

Guys don’t stand out in these situations when they are trying to play to a person instead of playing their game.

leaving the Mom part out of it. I don't understand the above, not even a little.

On making cuts today and getting down to only those that have a chance to make it, YES please.

I think perhaps what Josh means is that young players will generally do what they're told instead of improvising when the opportunity presents itself. Not necessarily a correct example, but let's say the coach is saying they gotta get the puck in deep. Young players may be chipping the puck deep even in situations where they would naturally be carrying the puck in and making plays happen with their talent, in fear of being put on the coach's shitlist if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying this is what's happening, but I could see young players so focused on following "rules" per say that they lose their ability to adapt and be creative in certain situations as they present themselves.

I think perhaps what Josh means is that young players will generally do what they're told instead of improvising when the opportunity presents itself. Not necessarily a correct example, but let's say the coach is saying they gotta get the puck in deep. Young players may be chipping the puck deep even in situations where they would naturally be carrying the puck in and making plays happen with their talent, in fear of being put on the coach's shitlist if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying this is what's happening, but I could see young players so focused on following "rules" per say that they lose their ability to adapt and be creative in certain situations as they present themselves.
Yeah, pretty much. Thanks. Didn?t think it was a hard thing to notice or understand, with the exception of Statler and Waldorf over here
It's not hard to understand.

It's just impossible to prove that this is actually happening from TV. Especially since I doubt anyone here has watched the youngsters in that lineup enough to know "their game". Then to take it further as a "locker room issue" is laughable.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here that NHL level coaches make blanket statements like "get it deep".

It's all situational. Pucks need to get deep when there isn't a play at the other teams blue line. Don't force it. Whatever. There's a reason there's an iPad behind the bench and players are coached in real time.

This isn't pee wee hockey in Rochester.

It's just impossible to prove that this is actually happening from TV. Especially since I doubt anyone here has watched the youngsters in that lineup enough to know "their game". Then to take it further as a "locker room issue" is laughable.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here that NHL level coaches make blanket statements like "get it deep".

It's all situational. Pucks need to get deep when there isn't a play at the other teams blue line. Don't force it. Whatever. There's a reason there's an iPad behind the bench and players are coached in real time.

All of this

Agree for the most part that we can't know based on tv. It's just speculation. But that doesn't disprove his theory either.

go figure guys that want to prove themselves have to impress their bosses all while fitting into their bosses system. What kind of messed up world are we living in? The injustice is horrifying?

#trolling

Well I?m sorry you don?t understand, but there are a handful of guys trying to reinvent themselves in 1 week, and they look terrible doing it.

If that?s a system, then it?s too rigid. You need to allow players to play to their strengths. Wth this creative and skilled group, we can?t afford to see every player get Namestnikoved and forced to play a new style. It wasn?t good for the team, it wasn?t good for the player. You have to allow and Encourage players to do what their good at. Too many of these guys are abandoning what got them here.

Well I’m sorry you don’t understand, but there are a handful of guys trying to reinvent themselves in 1 week, and they look terrible doing it.

If that’s a system, then it’s too rigid. You need to allow players to play to their strengths. Wth this creative and skilled group, we can’t afford to see every player get Namestnikoved and forced to play a new style. It wasn’t good for the team, it wasn’t good for the player. You have to allow and Encourage players to do what their good at. Too many of these guys are abandoning what got them here.

so the coach and current system need to go so guys can play to their strengths?

maybe guys like Nameswhatever just aren't that good? and/or we're expecting way too much from a lot of these guys that just aren't good enough at this point.

I’m familiar with everyone from last night, other than Jones and Robertson.

And one of the things I can spot pretty easily is when a guy is over thinking. I played that way growing up, so many all the tapes made it easier to spot (?)

so the coach and current system need to go so guys can play to their strengths?

maybe guys like Nameswhatever just aren't that good? and/or we're expecting way too much from a lot of these guys that just aren't good enough at this point.

The defensive system and coach can go.

I like Quinn, I like a lot of what evdemands from players. I just think he needs to allow players to play to their strengths.

I?m familiar with everyone from last night, other than Jones and Robertson.

And one of the things I can spot pretty easily is when a guy is over thinking. I played that way growing up, so many all the tapes made it easier to spot (?)

Look I have a lot of respect for your point of view. I just don't agree with killing the coach this early.

The team is so new and evolving that they will find their own identity. The first PSG looked great with the crisp passing, 2nd and 3rd looked lost.

They need to start to form chemistry and feed of each other.

With only 3 games from 10/3 to 10/15 they need to use this time wisely.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

The only flaw I see is there's no discernable system or identity for this team... So I'm not really sure how anyone can say they're being overcoached.

Well, good news. Quinn sees something, and is unhappy with it.

Tweets today indicating that he was yelling at the guys during todays first practice session, lets hope its worked out the next few games.

The defensive system and coach can go.

I like Quinn, I like a lot of what evdemands from players. I just think he needs to allow players to play to their strengths.

Quinn pretty much made your point at about 3:20. today.https://mobile.twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1176231796075368451

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's not what I heard at all. What I heard is Quinn saying that people aren't buying into his system... People trying to do too much on their own...

that's actually the opposite of what I thought Josh was saying.

Quinn pretty much made your point at about 3:20. today.https://mobile.twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1176231796075368451

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk