• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, Kravtsov is a 21-year old rookie and Gauthier is a 23-year old in his 3rd professional season. The eye test, both look good to be honest, but even on the fourth line Kravtsov is pushing Rooney/Howden's performance to actually control the puck in the offensive zone and on the cycle. From an advanced stats perspective, Kravtsov's Corsi For % of 49.8 is well above Gauthier's 45.7. Fenwick % for Kravtsov is 50.8 versus 46.9 for Gauthier. OnIce-GF:GA, Kravtsov is 1.0 and Gauthier 0.84.

I agree though, I'd rather have a 2nd line of Panarin, Strome, and Kravtsov with a 4th of Blackwell, Gauthier and Rooney.

Meh. It's such a small sample size and a different time of the season to go by those numbers. But I'm glad we can agree that we want both in the lineup. I'm not taking anything away from Kravstov. He's been better than I expected, but Quinn hasn't been able to Quinn him yet.

I didn't like the comments by Quinn about letting Kravstov play HIS game, while every other prospect has had to go through the Quinning.. Gauthier is a perfect example of not letting a player just play their game. Kakko, Hajek, Lafreniere all had to be sound defensively, and needled to adapt, but for some reason this kid can waltz in and be left to his own devices? I'm glad he is though. Just wish everyone else got the same treatment. I think it would benefit all.

The way it's shaping up now, the seventh protected forward spot is a choice between Gauthier, Howden, Blackwell and Rooney. Conventional wisdom would be to protect Gauthier as the player with the highest upside, but the cult of Howden is so strong, I wouldn't bet on it.

When Billy Carroll scored one goal in a season for the Islanders, at least it wasn't a gratuitous gift from a teammate against an empty net.

I just don't see them protecting Gauthier. Looks like there isn't a spot for him on Quinns Rangers. I wouldn't be surprised if Gauthier wasn't traded to Seattle before expansion draft to give the Rangers piece of mind on whom Seattle will be picking. I believe a couple teams did something like this with Vegas.

Kravtsov hasn't been "Quinned" because he's a more well-rounded player coming into the league than any of the other young forwards the Rangers have. He backchecks with effort, he's a hound for the puck, he works well in the corners, is competent defensively etc. Quinn hasn't had to "Quinn" him because he already does most of the things Quinn likes and looks for.
  • Like 1

Kravtsov hasn't been "Quinned" because he's a more well-rounded player coming into the league than any of the other young forwards the Rangers have. He backchecks with effort, he's a hound for the puck, he works well in the corners, is competent defensively etc. Quinn hasn't had to "Quinn" him because he already does most of the things Quinn likes and looks for.
Right.

This is the type of whining that makes people who constantly complain about Quinn hard to take seriously. There's whining when he coaches a player, and whining when he says he wants to let a player play his game.

Right.

This is the type of whining that makes people who constantly complain about Quinn hard to take seriously. There's whining when he coaches a player, and whining when he says he wants to let a player play his game.

Then why not elevate him to the Panarin/Strome line if he brings all of those same "Jesper Fast" qualities that he said Blackwell does?

He can't really think that Blackwell has more upside than Kravtsov.

Then why not elevate him to the Panarin/Strome line if he brings all of those same "Jesper Fast" qualities that he said Blackwell does?

He can't really think that Blackwell has more upside than Kravtsov.

there's no logical answer to this. maybe he thinks Blackwell is the future?

I think the logical explanation is that he is trying to make the playoffs and feels a veteran gives him a better chance. He's wrong. But that's his logic I assume.

is blackwell a veteran tho? he has hardly played at this level. plus his bag of tricks seems to be empty

I can't find any updates on Trouba...I just see that DTD crap, Upper body horseshit.

Anybody find any scoop?

That's usually the sign of a mild concussion.

He skated on his own the last 2(?) days - which is a good sign. Then they see how the head responds to the increase in activity.

That's usually the sign of a mild concussion.

He skated on his own the last 2(?) days - which is a good sign. Then they see how the head responds to the increase in activity.

I figure we're gonna need him in the last 6 games....so the rest against Buff was a pretty good idea....or at least it worked out that way! ;)

It looked like Martin hit him and injected 6 shots of Patron. It was just a little weird because his head didn't really get hit directly or even indirectly. IMO, I still can't connect that hit with concussion. He didn't look like he had the wind knocked out either. Just strange.

It looked like Martin hit him and injected 6 shots of Patron. It was just a little weird because his head didn't really get hit directly or even indirectly. IMO, I still can't connect that hit with concussion. He didn't look like he had the wind knocked out either. Just strange.

hopefully he's back in time to literally kill martin tomorrow.

Spinal concussion?

Right.

Although he has this team playing great against bad teams, I’m just not convinced he can coach us to continuous wins against good teams. Yes, a win here and a win there but we can’t string three wins in a row against those teams. Our schedule has helped us greatly these last two weeks. Next season we are ready to have an NHL coach step in and take us to the next level. It must happen

Although he has this team playing great against bad teams, I’m just not convinced he can coach us to continuous wins against good teams. Yes, a win here and a win there but we can’t string three wins in a row against those teams. Our schedule has helped us greatly these last two weeks. Next season we are ready to have an NHL coach step in and take us to the next level. It must happen

Dating back to last season...

6-3 against Washington

3-4-2 against Pitt

2-5-2 against Boston

5-4-1 against NYI

Question. You use it as a slight against Quinn to say "I’m just not convinced he can coach us to continuous wins against good teams." Is it not a plus in favor of Quinn that they don't continuously lose against good teams?

As all the 1st and 2nd year players get better and more experienced, those records against the teams ahead of us in the division will improve.

Dating back to last season...

6-3 against Washington

3-4-2 against Pitt

2-5-2 against Boston

5-4-1 against NYI

Question. You use it as a slight against Quinn to say "I’m just not convinced he can coach us to continuous wins against good teams." Is it not a plus in favor of Quinn that they don't continuously lose against good teams?

As all the 1st and 2nd year players get better and more experienced, those records against the teams ahead of us in the division will improve.

This didn’t age well. String of wins against bad teams and lay an egg against the Islanders