• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers expected to upset the Avalanche tonight (based on betting system)!

Hello all! I'm new to this board and am looking forward to meeting you guys! :cheers:

I'm a statistics university professor from Canada. I love combining my passion of hockey with sports betting.

I ran statistical analyses using data on 9 NHL seasons and came up with 10 different winning betting systems.

Based on one of those betting strategies, the New York Rangers have a decent chance to pull off the upset over the Colorado Avalanche tonight.

Obviously, that's not a guarantee! But according to the numbers, it represents good value.

This prediction is based on a winning betting system that I call "The Cold Teams Matchup".

Here is how it goes:

"Bet a home team coming off AT LEAST 3 straight losses when facing a road team coming off 1 or 2 straight loss(es). Bet only if the home team is an underdog."

In this case, the Rangers have lost their past three matchups, while the Avs have lost 1 in a row. Since New York is indeed a home underdog, past data recommends betting them tonight.

If you had used this strategy over a nine-year span, you would have ended up placing 141 bets. If you had wagered $100 each time, your total net profit would have been +$4,495.

That's a return on investment of more than 30% (4495 / 141 = 31.9%).

Placing just 141 bets over 9 years means about 15-20 plays per season only. In other words, this betting angle does not happen often, but it's the case tonight with the Rangers.

Enjoy the game folks! :thumbs:

Professor MJ

• Like 1

That's some deep shit! Fuck it. I'm convinced. The bet is on. If I lose I recommend a temporary ban on professor mj.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

or at least his first infraction :rofl:

welcome aboard prof.

can u run a model on what pct the Giants will get the next coaching hire right.

That's some deep shit! Fuck it. I'm convinced. The bet is on. If I lose I recommend a temporary ban on professor mj.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

LOL, I know you were just kidding, but I just want to remind everyone they should avoid drawing conclusions based on small sample sizes. Whether the play wins or not tonight is not a big deal in the whole picture.

Welcome aboard man!!!

...but just try to always keep these two words handy when contemplating a bet on the Rangers:

BRADY SKJEI....

He's like "Mush" from the Bronx Tale!! ;)

....we really need a defensive coach for this kid!

So you're not dissuaded at all by the fact the Rangers are starting a goalie for his first NHL game?

No, not at all. That information is already incorporated in the money line you are getting. Everyone has that information.

This morning at 7 am Eastern Time the odds were +140 in American format (i.e. 2.40 in decimal format) when I placed my bet. It has gone down since then, so you may not get as good a line right now though.

Welcome aboard man!!!

...but just try to always keep these two words handy when contemplating a bet on the Rangers:

BRADY SKJEI....

He's like "Mush" from the Bronx Tale!! ;)

....we really need a defensive coach for this kid!

Cmon Kryptonite!

Hang in there!

nice call. keep it up.

so ur 1-0?

Through January 6th games, my NHL system plays have yielded a profit of 17.83 units via 323 bets this season (ROI = +5.5%).

All documented on my website, and daily YouTube videos.

In case you're wondering what "units" mean, I pretend to bet 1 unit on each play. If your average bet is $100, you would have earned $100 * 17.83 units = $1,783 from tailing all of those picks.

Notice that my judgment and opinion have no implication whatsoever. I simply follow the strict criteria for betting of my 10 betting systems (that are based on a statistical study using 9 full seasons).

Any tips for tonight?s slate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday the system picks were all 3 underdogs: the Jets, Flyers and Kings (again, posted a video presenting them yesterday, sorry I didn't see your post, I didn't know people here would be interested).

2-1 record for a 1.82 unit profit (+1.67 on the Jets, +1.15 on the Flyers and -1 on the Kings). :thumbs:

Today's picks (Thursday January 9th) based on my 10 NHL betting systems:

• 4 STARS = Kings (@ +245 or 3.45 odds, at Golden Knights)
  • 2 STARS = Panthers (@ -143 or 1.70 odds, vs Canucks)
  • 2 STARS = Devils (@ +150 or 2.50 odds, at Rangers)
  • 1 STAR = Ducks (@ +122 or 2.22 odds, vs Stars)

"The Scoring Drought" betting system is backing two teams today: the Kings and the Devils. Here are the details of this strategy:

"Suppose a team has lost its past two games by scoring a maximum of 3 goals in each contest. Bet them tonight if they are on the road with a money line greater than 1.80 (i.e. -125 in American format)."

This betting angle, over a nine-year period, generated a profit of 90.53 units through 1656 bets (ROI = +5.5%).

For example, the Devils lost their past two games by 4-3 and 5-2 scores. Since they are road underdogs, we are betting them tonight. Sorry Rangers fans! ;)

Cheers! :cheers:

Professor MJ

Through January 6th games, my NHL system plays have yielded a profit of 17.83 units via 323 bets this season (ROI = +5.5%).

All documented on my website, and daily YouTube videos.

In case you're wondering what "units" mean, I pretend to bet 1 unit on each play. If your average bet is $100, you would have earned $100 * 17.83 units = $1,783 from tailing all of those picks.

Notice that my judgment and opinion have no implication whatsoever. I simply follow the strict criteria for betting of my 10 betting systems (that are based on a statistical study using 9 full seasons).

Rear Admiral is that you?!?!