• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kreider Gets Qualified Vote of Confidence

Sod16

I don’t think they can pay Kreider unless he wants to stay so badly that he takes a big discount in BOTH dollars and term.

Any more than 5 years is too much.

Any more than 6-6.5 million per is too much.

Yet if he goes to market that 7x7 is a real possibility for him. I firmly believe he can go to free agency and get 40-50 million

I don’t see the Rangers approaching that number

I don’t think they can pay Kreider unless he wants to stay so badly that he takes a big discount in BOTH dollars and term.

Any more than 5 years is too much.

Any more than 6-6.5 million per is too much.

Yet if he goes to market that 7x7 is a real possibility for him. I firmly believe he can go to free agency and get 40-50 million

I don’t see the Rangers approaching that number

I'm in agreement here...

Kreider is basically a 40-50 points a season player (with the Rangers), and I think we can easily get back more pieces with a trade of Kreider that can make the team deeper or better....kinda like what the Raiders did with Khalil Mack...Although Mack was more of an impact player than Kreider currently is. But who knows, maybe in a better situation Kreider can be that 40 Goal scorer we all though he could become. I can totally see a GM taking a shot, and buying into Kreider's potential.

I'm in agreement here...

Kreider is basically a 40-50 points a season player (with the Rangers), and I think we can easily get back more pieces with a trade of Kreider that can make the team deeper or better....kinda like what the Raiders did with Khalil Mack...Although Mack was more of an impact player than Kreider currently is. But who knows, maybe in a better situation Kreider can be that 40 Goal scorer we all though he could become. I can totally see a GM taking a shot, and buying into Kreider's potential.

Kreider has yet to crack 30 goals so to see him getting 40 is a reach at this point.

That said, I don’t think for a number of reasons, that we’ve seen Kreider reach his maximum level of production. I think on the right team and playing with the right players, he’s got the ability to score 30-35. Perhaps more, but I’d reserve judgment on that until he at least pots 30.

I’ve said it before as have some others, but I do believe that if he went elsewhere and was under the right circumstances, he has a few seasons in him of 30+ goals.

Even given that though, that moving him would mean giving up on his best seasons, which could very well still be to come, I’d still pass if it meant more than 5 seasons and $30 million or so

It’s just too much and despite his skating, he is a power forward and they don’t typically age well. I see him having 2-4 seasons where you’re happy and then a drop off.

It’s just too much and despite his skating, he is a power forward and they don’t typically age well. I see him having 2-4 seasons where you’re happy and then a drop off.

That's the point. Power forwards drop off quickly specifically because they don't have Kreider's skating. His market value was much clearer last spring than it is now. This may come down to how his agent assesses that. A #26 first round pick with a 25% chance of becoming a decent NHL player represents little solace for losing him. Who are going to be the leaders of the team that should make the playoffs next year? Zib is injury prone. Panarin doesn't speak the language.

That's the point. Power forwards drop off quickly specifically because they don't have Kreider's skating. His market value was much clearer last spring than it is now. This may come down to how his agent assesses that. A #26 first round pick with a 25% chance of becoming a decent NHL player represents little solace for losing him. Who are going to be the leaders of the team that should make the playoffs next year? Zib is injury prone. Panarin doesn't speak the language.

#26 first rounder and +$7 million in cap space over next 6-8 years.

Since Zib was traded here, Kreider has only played in 15 more games. Zib's main time missed was due to snapping his leg in a freak accident.

How many goals did he actually make happen because of him screening net front? Who would replace that? Lemieux does but he's not at the Kreider level yet. Iirc, it was about 2 weeks after the Rangers found out about the clot that they sent the letter. I hope they sign him but I don't think they will and it's going to be difficult to get a player with Kreiders intangibles resume to fill his void.

I wouldn't. I want someone closer to being NHL ready than a 2020 1st rounder as the key piece coming back.

I'd take that even more Kev! But the point is Kreider is a very movable piece and we can get something that fills some holes. Kreider's size and net front presence can be replaced as well. We can either trade for a younger player with size and speed...and maybe more visible on the ice on a consistent basis. ...or develop one we already have...Howden and Chytil come to mind.

Even though that may be easy to dismiss. Howden is almost 6' 4" and 195 lbs. He's going to get stronger, heavier and better. Chytil is also a decent size kid (6' 2") 205 lbs and they both just need a few more trips to White Castle!! ;)

His elite speed and skating though has not made him into an elite player.