• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Too Early to Start the 'Fire Quinn' Thread?

Art20c

I think JD has more influence into why players get sent down than Quinn, actually.

My big complaint about Quinn so far is how disorganized the team looks without the puck.

As far as Kravtsov in the A... Well there's a reason Chytil is a top liner and Krav isn't. I'll never understand or agree with fans thinking ice time is distributed by talent and not hard work.

I agree 100%. A guy can have all the talent in the world, but if he isn't playing a team game and playing all zones, what good is he?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think JD has more influence into why players get sent down than Quinn, actually.

My big complaint about Quinn so far is how disorganized the team looks without the puck.

As far as Kravtsov in the A... Well there's a reason Chytil is a top liner and Krav isn't. I'll never understand or agree with fans thinking ice time is distributed by talent and not hard work.

Only quibble is in the limited time they've been allotted both Kakko and Andersson, who both have shown flashes of good stuff. Playing them so little makes no sense. And the workload he's putting on Panarin and Zib is not good for another 70+ games. if you're in a life and death 7 game series, that's one thing. Games in October should be when you throw the kids into the deep end of the pool and find out what they can do.

agree regarding the ice time but i don't think Quinn is using the hard work approach to determine ice time. i think he's keeping some of the vets on the ice to try to get them going which in theory should support the youth movement. Unless when he benches Lemieux last night maybe he's over his shoulder saying hey look at Kreider, that's not the way to play....

agree regarding the ice time but i don't think Quinn is using the hard work approach to determine ice time. i think he's keeping some of the vets on the ice to try to get them going which in theory should support the youth movement. Unless when he benches Lemieux last night maybe he's over his shoulder saying hey look at Kreider, that's not the way to play....

I was talking specifically about Kravtsov, but yea agree with you on Quinn and the vets.

I'm not ready to give up on him, but I'm not convinced he's the right guy, either.

I mean, if Quinn's the kind of guy who's going to say "You'll play, if you play the way I want you to play, even if you make mistakes or suck..." Then I kinda get it. That's like...ultimate accountability.

Kovalev would be a 2nd liner in Hartford in this organization

He's such a rent-a-quote lol

I wonder if he's like a coach speak slot machine. You pull his arm and random shit like "north/south hockey!", "get in guys faces!", "winning individual battles!" starts streaming out of his mouth.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. He's on the same message as he was on Day 1. Just work hard.

Maybe, I don't really remember the youngster thing, not like they had any good ones at the time, anyways.

Renney built from his own end out and let his one line do what they wanted. They over achieved.

I dunno what Quinn does, I don't know what the master plan is and whatever he's trying to implement isn't obvious to me.

He's such a rent-a-quote lol

I wonder if he's like a coach speak slot machine. You pull his arm and random shit like "north/south hockey!", "get in guys faces!", "winning individual battles!" starts streaming out of his mouth.

I mean it's funny, but what about that is wrong, or doesn't get said by 95% of NHL coaches. Do you think he's going to do a deep dive on systems in a post game presser?

they can those answers so the media will go away.

Or maybe move his feet, be first to the puck, and not take 2-3 seconds to decide what's next.

Good players know what they're going to try to do with the puck before they have it.

I disagree. Anderssen has been playing fine. better than Howden for sure. that's why people are having a fit with howden playing up and down the line up while Andersen, who many think played better is banished with scrubs