• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Vladislav Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert, 2021 4th

Phil

Seven pages on Vlad Namestnikov... A player everyone hated and wanted traded since the day he got here. Now he's traded and it's an issue? Go figure.
This is what I'm getting at.

The difference between what you're getting between Names and McKegg in 8 mins on the 4th line is negligible.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Namestnikov can slot up and down the lineup and the others can't. He provides flexibility.

Like I said, they have no interest in winning this year, or they handled the cap in a way that makes it impossible. Either way, same outcome.

Dumping useful parts for hypotheticals in the next year, caused by having to buy out yet another useful part, spin it however you want, I find it disappointing.

He can't play up and down the lineup successfully.

If he's your barometer, Strome and Fast can as well, and combined make what Names made.

If you want to blame the team for anything, it should be for signing him to that absurd deal in the first place.

He can't play up and down the lineup successfully.

Didn't he center the first line with success in Tampa? Why couldn't he slot up & down here successfully if there was an injury to say Zib? I agree signing him to the contract was nuts, but getting rid of him at this point in the season is questionable in the least unless the freed salary cap will be spent on something bigger & better soon (as in a trade for a #2 center).

Didn't he center the first line with success in Tampa? Why couldn't he slot up & down here successfully if there was an injury to say Zib? I agree signing him to the contract was nuts, but getting rid of him at this point in the season is questionable in the least unless the freed salary cap will be spent on something bigger & better soon (as in a trade for a #2 center).
Does it really matter what he did in Tampa?

He was given time with Zib here... He was brutal no mater who he played with. It wasn't a fit.

If people want to blame Quinn, OK... But the coach isn't going anywhere so Names had to.

Not blaming Quinn. Different styles. I think it?s a sign, but oh well.

But the timing, the comments made... doesn?t make a ton of sense. They?d be better off keeping him until the trade deadline, or June.

Maybe...

Or maybe they just did him a favor because he's a good guy. Allow him to up his UFA value.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully expect him to turn back in to a pumpkin here at any moment, but it's not just the points, he's doing everything for them and playing 20 minutes a night.

Last night he caused Pageau goal on the PK, didn't get a point, but it was a lot of Namestnikov that caused it.

I just find him easy to root for.

Also, DJ Smith is squeezing a lot out of that roster, kind of like what Quinn did last year for us.

I fully expect him to turn back in to a pumpkin here at any moment, but it's not just the points, he's doing everything for them and playing 20 minutes a night.

Last night he caused Pageau goal on the PK, didn't get a point, but it was a lot of Namestnikov that caused it.

I just find him easy to root for.

Also, DJ Smith is squeezing a lot out of that roster, kind of like what Quinn did last year for us.

Exactly. He's also playing in a role that he never would have gotten here.

It would be "Why is Names on first line over Kakko?!?"

Exactly. He's also playing in a role that he never would have gotten here.

It would be "Why is Names on first line over Kakko?!?"

Maybe, or maybe he would have looked like how he did in Tampa and we are talking about him as a good player that can be moved up and down the lineup, complementing higher skilled players. Guess we won't ever know because we didn't keep him long enough for Quinn to try it.

Maybe, or maybe he would have looked like how he did in Tampa and we are talking about him as a good player that can be moved up and down the lineup, complementing higher skilled players. Guess we won't ever know because we didn't keep him long enough for Quinn to try it.
He never had a future here.