• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Vladislav Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert, 2021 4th

Phil

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why people are caring that this guy was traded. It's almost like people think we should have been trying to win something this season...

Yes. Teach kids how to win. Even JD said losing too often isn’t good for the kids and their development.

I think my only problem with this trade is as follows. While yes, Names was way too large of large of a cap hit, he was only a cap hit for the rest of this season. He’s also only 26 and previously proved to be a pretty productive player albeit on a stacked team. You know who usually overpays for guys like this? Stacked teams come trade deadline looking for that extra piece of depth on an expiring contract when the cap hit is much lower. If Names does crap all year and has no value at all then he’s gone at the end of the year regardless. The Senators are flipping him at the deadline after buying pennies on the dollar. I just think we rushed this one a tiny bit, especially if they aren’t calling up someone of future importance any time soon that hasn’t yet proved they deserve the call up.

They tried to move him at last years deadline and no one wanted him apparently.

give it a couple of days and let him acclimate to Ottawa and once the adrenaline of being on a new team wears off and he returns to being useless that 4th rounder + cap space or whatever we got for him will seem like a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What his contract was is irrelevant, it's expiring. At this point, all the trade has accomplished is putting 3 million in Dolan's pocket and made the roster worse.

If they choose to utilize that cap space, we'll OK, super, but they haven't and don't seem in a hurry to do so.

What his contract was is irrelevant, it's expiring. At this point, all the trade has accomplished is putting 3 million in Dolan's pocket and made the roster worse.

If they choose to utilize that cap space, we'll OK, super, but they haven't and don't seem in a hurry to do so.

I'd argue that both players in a fourth-line role are probably giving you the same thing.

I don't see this club as that much worse today than they were last week.

I don't know if this was posted, but Uncle Larry answers all your questions here. It's a lot about guaranteeing that he come off the cap because we're already over next year if players hit bonuses. Interesting read.

I just feel like this is one of those inconsequential early-season moves that we always see and overreact to.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/the-overlooked-reason-rangers-vlad-namestnikov-trade-was-so-important/

Ok, so by that logic Andersson is playing on the 4th line so he doesn?t reach his performance bonuses, plus Kravtsov & Chytil are in the minors for that same reason. Howden doesn?t have performance bonuses in his contract so he?s good. But Kakko has huge ones, 2.65 mil. each year. Or am I misreading the contracts?

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd argue that both players in a fourth-line role are probably giving you the same thing.

I don't see this club as that much worse today than they were last week.

I don't know if this was posted, but Uncle Larry answers all your questions here. It's a lot about guaranteeing that he come off the cap because we're already over next year if players hit bonuses. Interesting read.

I just feel like this is one of those inconsequential early-season moves that we always see and overreact to.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/the-overlooked-reason-rangers-vlad-namestnikov-trade-was-so-important/

Interesting, reads like total cap mismanagement, and they've already wrote the year off.