• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

NYG are heading for a rough year, including self-inflicted wounds getting rid of OBJ and Collins. I'm rooting for 4-12 and a good draft pick because then Eli can get benched for the last 4-5 games and we can get an evaluation of Daniel Jones at QB. This is not a Super Bowl caliber roster (and would need to get a lot of lucky breaks to even get a wild card) so I'd rather be awful and build for the future than a .500 squad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, he's looked pretty good. Looks a little bit slow, but that's true for every rookie.

The biggest issue has always been that people thought he got drafted too high which, true, he probably would've been available later. But he's always been a round 1 QB, and he's looked it.

Yea, he's looked pretty good. Looks a little bit slow, but that's true for every rookie.

The biggest issue has always been that people thought he got drafted too high which, true, he probably would've been available later. But he's always been a round 1 QB, and he's looked it.

I would say there have been a few times he held onto the ball too long, or wasn't able to feel the pocket pressure in time. All in due time.

The fundamentals are there, and he showed great poise last game after getting obliterated from the blind side.

Majority say he wouldn?t have been available later

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know why Saquon only gets 11 carries. Forget any QB questions. Just hammer Shurmur on that. And I understand the Giants didn't have the ball a lot in the first half because the defense is so bad, but you have got to do a better job getting it into Barkley's hands.

I think we all knew the defense is going to be atroicus, though we'll see how much they can improve as the season goes. Can't get any worse.

Giants have Sucked Today

Poor Playcalling (handing it off to E. Penny than Saquon Barkley at the 2-Yard-line)

Incompetent Officiating

Terrible Defense

EVERYTHING HAS GONE WRONG TODAY!!!!

:wtf::banghead::palm::curse:

Or maybe they just got beat by a better team?

Ugh, this looks like it?s going to be a long season. Defense is absolutely atrocious. Gettleman did a great job tearing the team apart.

See how the next few games go. I could see a huge bounce back next week. They are still fucked going forward vs. most teams which are better. Looks like another 4-12 or perhaps 6-10 season at best. They may not win a divisional game all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They have defensive issues. The new coordinator brought in a few of his guys and this is a make or break season for him. They can't pressure the QB, even when they blitz. Hate to beat a dead horse but they passed on an highly ranked DE to take Jones. The secondary had a rough night but they are young and I think they're not the problem. Nothing fixes a secondary like pressure on the qb.

They have defensive issues. The new coordinator brought in a few of his guys and this is a make or break season for him. They can't pressure the QB, even when they blitz. Hate to beat a dead horse but they passed on an highly ranked DE to take Jones. The secondary had a rough night but they are young and I think they're not the problem. Nothing fixes a secondary like pressure on the qb.

Problem with the secondary is that they were leaving guys open left and right all night. I don't know if they lack talent or just don't know what they are doing.

Problem with the secondary is that they were leaving guys open left and right all night. I don't know if they lack talent or just don't know what they are doing.

Think it's both. Hamilton and Bethea were horrendous. Jenkins I thought played well. Baker got beat a few times on pretty well thrown balls, but he is talented.

Agreed with Bieser though. The core issue is pass rush, or lack thereof.

Not to be that guy, but the Giants weren't ever going to be a good team this year, folks. Success this year is Saquon establishing himself as the best in the biz, Jones getting a few games and looking alright doing it, and a top 5 pick.

Problem is, how long will he last on a mediocre team? The guy is going to get pounded every game because he is the only offensive talent on the team, and all the other teams know that. The offensive line isn't giving him that many holes, and there isn't another go to guy after him. His talent is being wasted, and by the time this team is competitive again, he will be winding down his career.

Problem is, how long will he last on a mediocre team? The guy is going to get pounded every game because he is the only offensive talent on the team, and all the other teams know that. The offensive line isn't giving him that many holes, and there isn't another go to guy after him. His talent is being wasted, and by the time this team is competitive again, he will be winding down his career.

This offensive line is actually pretty good this year

Not to be that guy, but the Giants weren't ever going to be a good team this year, folks. Success this year is Saquon establishing himself as the best in the biz, Jones getting a few games and looking alright doing it, and a top 5 pick.

If anyone thought differently than this, they just set themselves up for disappointment. The defense was very bad on paper going into the season, and it showed it on the field. It didn't and doesn't matter much if the offense is better than last year. They won't win many with this defense. We need progression from the young guys on that side of the ball.

They should just trade Saquon and cement the #2 overall now. The haul you get for him AND that pick is franchise changing.

The only thing Saquon is doing right now is getting them to 3 wins...maybe. But they have so few core players that they should be going full Dolphin right now.

They should just trade Saquon and cement the #2 overall now. The haul you get for him AND that pick is franchise changing.

The only thing Saquon is doing right now is getting them to 3 wins...maybe. But they have so few core players that they should be going full Dolphin right now.

Why? It might take a couple years to get the defense on track and for Jones to progress. Saquon is only 22. Let's say 3 years. Ok he is 25 with 5 years left minimum. You keep him and only trade him later if everything else is crapping out.

Why? It might take a couple years to get the defense on track and for Jones to progress. Saquon is only 22. Let's say 3 years. Ok he is 25 with 5 years left minimum. You keep him and only trade him later if everything else is crapping out.

A couple years? The defense has 0 building blocks except Baker and Lawrence. The offensive line is a) average at best and b) aging. 5 years is an eternity for RBs, especially for guys who rely purely on athleticism, like Saquon. But think of what a return could be:

Saquon trade today: 1st, 3rd, defensive player.

#2 overall: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

That slew of draft picks changes the trajectory of your organization. As of right now, the Giants don't even have a light at the end of the tunnel.