• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pro Wrasslin' — WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact Wrestling & Beyond

Phil

It's brutal. It makes every match feel like an exhibition. It makes every debut fall completely flat. Just look at the volume of guys who jumped to AEW and Impact during this pandemic and showed up without the pop. It's brutal and makes them feel like nobodies.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough break for Bayley, but maybe she could use the break. Perhaps not performing in front of a crowd has gotten to her? I don't know, but you're right, she hasn't looked the same in awhile. I don't mind her as a heel and I think she's enjoying it, so I don't think it's that.

[video=youtube;gvI3-_lvGFs]

“I’m excited for the possibility. I think I could do some great stuff in IMPACT, I’ve got friends there like Sami Callihan. I’m pretty sure I wrestled like 9 dark matches on NXT with Sami Callihan in a row. It’s exciting but it’s an unknown. I have just under 2 months left, so we’ll see what comes.”

Sounds like 'Buddy Murphy' wants to stop off in Impact.

:

"I feel like I'd fit in (IMPACT) perfectly. I feel like I'd fit in a lot of places perfectly," Nese said. "My options are out there and I have a lot of discussions to make. I'm not saying anything. Right now, my goal is to wrestle the people I haven't had a chance to wrestle. I have to brush up on my independent wrestling. I have a lot of friends in AEW like Alex Reynolds and John Silver. Me and Alex have wrestled like 110 or 120 times. I'd love to add a couple more to that.

"Kenny Omega, I wrestled him on an independent show. It was a small show and he was on a long tour and just like 'let me get through this without getting hurt.' Matt Sydal, I've never worked with him and would love to mix it up with him. I wouldn't mind smacking MJF around."

--

Nese I'm familiar with. He was with Impact for a while years back, but Murphy I know literally nothing about. I've never seen a single match of his. Any suggestions?

It's also significantly more likely that we see more AEW-Impact at Slammiversary. Brit Baker apparently wants to wrestle Deonna Purazzo, and it was announced last week on Impact that Purazzo will face a mystery opponent at the PPV.

“That’s a great question and look, I get it tweeted out at me and everything all the time,” Scott began. “All I can say is, from our perspective — look, I got cornered by Britt Baker down in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and she’s like, ‘When do I get Deonna?’ I said, “Hey, Britt oh, come on. We’ve always said we have an open-door policy and we’re open to doing it. you know the deal in wrestling sometimes there’s a lot of hurdles to jump through but I think the relationship with AEW has been fantastic.”

https://411mania.com/wrestling/scott-damore-tony-khan-aew-britt-baker-deonna-purrazzo/

I think given the fact he has some experience with Impact already, going back there is probably his priority at this point.

AEW and Impact having shows together once in awhile would be awesome. It's kind of like what WWE should have done after buying WCW in 2001. They should have kept it around as its own brand 'competing' with WWE. So, I think having two companies kind of, sort of working together is interesting.

Impact are reportedly heavy after Buddy Murphy: https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1244507-report-impact-wrestling-making-major-play-for-buddy-murphy

According to a report from Dave Meltzer in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, IMPACT Wrestling is making a “major play” for Buddy Murphy. It was noted by Meltzer that nothing is known about All Elite Wrestling’s level of interest in the former WWE star, but IMPACT is attempting to bring him into the fold once he’s available.

Murphy is currently waiting out his non-compete clause after being released by WWE in June. He recently spoke with Chris Van Vliet on INSIGHT and did say he was open to joining the promotion. In addition to naming Ring Of Honor as an option, Murphy spoke highly of IMPACT, noting that he’s friends with Sami Callihan and could see himself doing great work there.

“I’m excited for the possibility. I think I could do some great stuff in IMPACT, I’ve got friends there like Sami Callihan. I’m pretty sure I wrestled like 9 dark matches on NXT with Sami Callihan in a row. Ring of Honor, some of my guys and my friends from back home are with Ring of Honor. That excites me, being with some people that I used to ride the streets with in Australia. It’s exciting but it’s an unknown. I have just under 2 months left, so we’ll see what comes.”

Murphy is officially a free agent on August 31, which is when his non-compete clause will officially run out. He recently confirmed the August date in an interview with Fightful, explaining that WWE initially thought they’d made an error with his contract and believed he was only on a 30-day non-compete. Murphy then confirmed that his paperwork listed August 31 as his free agency date and added that this still allows him to get everything in order as far as his visa situation is concerned.

--

This guy any good? He's got a great look. Shit name. His real name (Matthew Adams) is way better, so I'd hope he'd use that, like Steve Maclin did.

Impact are reportedly heavy after Buddy Murphy: https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1244507-report-impact-wrestling-making-major-play-for-buddy-murphy

--

This guy any good? He's got a great look. Shit name. His real name (Matthew Adams) is way better, so I'd hope he'd use that, like Steve Maclin did.

He's okay, but the answer is we don't really know. He was never a big player anywhere and on't be a game changer in the way that Aleister Black was for AEW.

Any WWE talent is a big deal to Impact, though, due to their middling roster.

Bought Slammiversary on a whim. Wasn't disappointed. Solid show. TONS of surprises. Impact went full Loki tonight with the crossover universe stuff. Just nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, it sounded like a really good show. Again, I'm loving the crossover stuff with AEW too. It's an amazing idea for those two smaller companies. Instead of "competing", why not just do what they've been doing. Something like that was probably a Cody Rhodes idea since I think he was open to doing something like that when he first started AEW. This might get me to start watching Impact again. It's been a few years.

It's a small product now, but it benefits greatly from the association with other companies. Visually, it's more on par with MLW and ROH these days, while AEW has the visual appearance of old Impact/WCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I figured he might when his WWE contract. I knew he wanted to do some stuff in Japan as the article mentioned and WWE wouldn't let him. Screw them limiting what people can and can't do. I'm happy for him and even more excited for AEW. They are continually becoming must watch wrestling. I was stoked when they brought in Black and El Idolo.

They're also after CM Punk, likely for All Out in Chicago.

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/aew-has-been-in-talks-to-sign-two-major-names/

Oh, man, I hope so! I hope it's not just a one-time appearance with the company.

Mark Henry and Paul White and helping the Negotiations to bring in Braun Stroman to AEW

WWE was so foolish to let this man walk. They screwed him big time. It started back when they chose not to give him the WWE belt against Lesnar when he was extremely over and WWE's top babyface. He's a hard worker and deserves better.

As reported by Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net, AEW President Tony Khan and his four EVP’s, AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, AEW World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes, all flew to Chicago Sunday, taking Khan’s private jet. The news comes following rampant speculation that Daniel Bryan, aka Bryan Danielson and Chicago native CM Punk will be joining AEW next month.

Sources told Haynes that Khan has been eyeing the United Center, home to the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks, for a potential AEW event later in the year. Haynes further revealed that its believed Khan and the EVP’s were at the United Center in order to film promos for a potential show. In 2019 AEW ran the Wednesday before Thanksgiving in the Chicago suburb Hoffman Estates at the NOW Arena, with Khan hoping to establish the show as an annual tradition for AEW.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/07/tony-khan-and-aew-evps-reportedly-go-to-chicago/