• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Excuse me? You asked and I gave you exactly what he does? I've watched Greenway not only in the NHL but also at BU and during the WJC when he was a man among boys in that tournament against his peers. You're response is pathetic. You claim I don't know about the player and I've never seen him play. Your entire argument here is what? Nobody here but you watches hockey or understands it enough to discuss it with you? You asked and I gave you a more than deserved well thought out response. Do you have a counter point to why he isn't more than a fourth liner you claim he is?

32 points in 52 games is pretty good fourth line numbers

This is where I fell for him lol. I will admit I haven't really seen him play much NHL hockey except for a few games against the Rangers or a nationally televised game. But he blew me away during that WJC and he is someone I have wanted on the Rangers since.

he'd be a 4th liner here.

But this team needs leader, a penalty killer, some fucking balls, consistency, role player, someone that wins faceoffs, some one that hits (check!), someone that is willing to stick up for eachother, a tone setter...

He's not checking those boxes.

Sure, I'd love to see him on the wing of Chytil and Kravtsov. Do I think that makes the team better than current? No.

If you talked about his potential to be what you claim he is, i could believe you. Game to game, he's way too inconsistent, not great defensively, and not an offensive threat. If you are the biggest, toughest dude, and you are scoring as many goals as Colin Blackwell scored in front of the net, well.. I'm not willing to part with assets or a contract for that.

Nice to have an actual discussion thank you.

You are not fin ding the bolded in one player. Of course you are taking his potential into account. He's still a pup and he's improved every year. I do believe he has balls, is a role player, someone that checks, will stick up for others, and is a tone setter. He is far from a perfect player and a player that does these things consistently get paid big bucks. Guys that do it like Kreider get paid big bucks too. Bottom line is Greenway is the exact kind of guy to target. His potential being the reason. He is already an effective player and player that the Rangers sorely need. He can fit into a third line role right now. Potentially he can be the unicorn we all have wet dreams over. Realistically he something in between and that a pretty good player and one that is entirely different than anyone else we have

They need leaders with balls. That's not him. He's big, but his biggest issue is not using size consistently. This team needs that now. Not when he's 30 and figures it out. Need guys that help the kids.

He doesn't check the secondary boxes either. They'd be much better getting a cheaper vet, that can play that bottom 6 role.

He's not a 3rd line player in NY because he's not.great defensively and doesn't kill.penalties - which is essential for any acquisition with the current young roster

They need leaders with balls. That's not him. He's big, but his biggest issue is not using size consistently. This team needs that now. Not when he's 30 and figures it out. Need guys that help the kids.

He doesn't check the secondary boxes either. They'd be much better getting a cheaper vet, that can play that bottom 6 role.

He's not a 3rd line player in NY because he's not.great defensively and doesn't kill.penalties - which is essential for any acquisition with the current young roster

Are you talking about Kreider or Greenway? You're basically describing Kreider to a tee and then saying you're a big Kreider fan. Kreider hasn't figured it out at 30 and he's one of the most inconsistent players in the league. And he carries a massive "Danger zone" contract with a NTC. Greenway is 24 and has time to figure it out and is team controlled. For the record I'm not a Kredier hater but you're problems with Greenway which I don't agree with but your description is that of Kreider.

I just feel like as soon. as Buch signs we will regret his contract. The Rangers need to get bigger and tougher to play against. There is a big reluctance to trade the youth and it seems to me that Buch has no chance of staying here. Nice player but he's more of what we already have and he's never going to have a higher trade value than now. Buch should be traded to add some meat and potatoes to this team. The classic talent for character move. (aka Niedereitter for Clutterbuck)

What wingers are guaranteed to be productive two way players? DO NOT bank on prospects that haven't proven anything. Kravstov did just as little as Gauthier, production wise with better linemates. Kakko just put up 17 points... While they are outstanding prospects, they are still prospects and IMO have a shit ton to prove. They could very well bust and the Rangers would be fucked.

I'm in the boat of trading prospects for the teams needs. NOT for trading away young proven players in fear of having to pay them their worth. Add to what works. Change what doesn't. Trade the unknown and the redundancies. A forward prospect, Chytil and a defensive prospect along with all picks are what should be on the table.

That's not to say that maybe the game plan is to blow up the top 6 with moving one of the centers.

If you're trading Buch, the Rangers MUST get back an established top six player that brings traits currently missing from this team. Which would have to be a power forward. Which isn't likely to be available.

he'd be a 4th liner here.

But this team needs leader, a penalty killer, some fucking balls, consistency, role player, someone that wins faceoffs, some one that hits (check!), someone that is willing to stick up for eachother, a tone setter...

He's not checking those boxes.

Sure, I'd love to see him on the wing of Chytil and Kravtsov. Do I think that makes the team better than current? No.

If you talked about his potential to be what you claim he is, i could believe you. Game to game, he's way too inconsistent, not great defensively, and not an offensive threat. If you are the biggest, toughest dude, and you are scoring as many goals as Colin Blackwell scored in front of the net, well.. I'm not willing to part with assets or a contract for that.

I'm all for Greenway IF they deal one of Kravstov Kakko or Buch. It opens up a right wing spot in the top 9. While I don't think Greenway is a top line player, he COULD play alongside Panarin and not look terrible. If not, he slides to the 3rd line where the team needs help with what he brings anyway... He'd bring the size and grit needed. He seems like a guy that ups his game come playoff time.

The cost would have to be low of course. Like Hajek, Georgiev, Reunanen in a one for one with a pick low.. The reason people think he's available is because the Wild need to get assets for players they can't protect in the expansion draft.

I'm into bringing Greenway in if he is at a discount price. I'd rather see this guy get the opportunity over Blackwell or the next AHL lifer they try to squeeze life from. If he winds up only being a bottom 6 guy. Oh well. The Rangers need that too.

If the deal were Lundkvist and this years 1st for Eichel, do you do it?

Nevermind the question of how he fits or how this fixes team needs. Do you make that trade?

Makes me more suspicious about that neck.

But yes.

I don’t think anybody bites on Eichel. Do you want to be the GM who gives up a 1st, a player & a prospect for a guy who may never be the same, while paying 10 mil. per. If it’s me, I won’t take the chance of making the deal and looking like a fool if he doesn’t bounce back. This is the kind of deal that will make your career or end it.

Meanwhile for Adams it’s a win win, if he deals Eichel, he’s saving the company 10 mil per and getting back a 1st, a player & a prospect. Taking that 10 mil and signing another healthy player while all the while saying we can’t take the chance of keeping a disgruntled player who is injured and will bring the moraL down in the dressing room. And other the other hand he can say we need to keep one of the best players in the league.

So Basically Buffalo is gonna have to hold on to him for 2 yrs. this year for him to heal and get healthy, whether he has the surgery or not. And next to prove that he’s healthy and raise his stock.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He scores his goals 3 feet away from the net

All six of them!

He's been the source of constant trade talk from the start in Minnesota, among those who watch him all the time. Those folks aren't too enamored of him.

Eichel has 5 years at $10m per. Just wondering, how many of you would sign him at $10m per for 5 years if he were a UFA?

"Here's your 50 million dollars. Now would you prefer spinal fusion surgery or experimental disc replacement, Sir?"

Here’s something I caught on blueshirts forever, Anthony Scultore:

Up until his suspension, Scheifele had five points in five playoff games. He has 3 years left on a deal that pays $6.125 million per season. So why am I bringing up Scheifele? Well that’s because Larry Brooks randomly inserted his name into the rumor mill with his latest Slap Shots column.

Though it goes without saying, it will be said anyway: If Mark Scheifele somehow becomes available out of Winnipeg, he is the player for whom the Rangers empty the cupboard, and the guy in Buffalo becomes Jack Who?

NY Post

While Brooks could be speculating, it’s also very possible that Scheifele’s name was whispered into his ear. Interesting, if nothing else.

I will say this though, the Jets could view some of the Rangers defense prospects like Matthew Robertson, or Zac Jones as legit trade pieces. Maybe coupled with Ryan Strome, a deal could be made.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Without a doubt. But besides Brooks, who is reporting he may even be available?

Probably based on all the stories that came out about the Jets leadership team issues, including the Laine stories.

That asking price is very low. You’d 100% have to be concerned about that neck.

I think at the end of the day, this is around the final price the Rangers will have to pay, maybe throw in Gauthier or equivalent.

He wants out. He's having surgery, he's never won a damn thing. He's Eric Lindros without the playoff experience or the pudding head.

Not many teams can take on that salary, or looking for a big move. Unless Ottawa decides it's time to get back in the race. I picture his name fitting perfectly on an Ottawa jersey. But that's it.

Buch is a good player, but this is key.

He's a classic "danger zone" contract. $5-6 million for a player who doesn't move the needle on his own and put up career numbers in a contract year on the edge of free agency. Kinda scary. He was a revelation, but let's be real — he wasn't this player for much more than the last like 120~ games over two seasons.

If it's Niederreiter for Clutterbuck, he's pretty much going to Minnesota for Greenway? LOL.

Fine, but that’s Zibanejad and Strome, too.

Buchnevich vs Reinhart, I mean, Buchnevich has proven himself in NY. Other kid hasn’t done shit. If we are paying, I’m taking the cheaper, better fit in Buchnevich

Moving Buchnevich for Greenway is a big fucking L for the Rangers. (Sorry Ozzy).

Again, Greenway isn’t a leader, center, fighter, game changer, etc. Rangers don’t need more guys that look good on paper.

Did someone say Greenway?? :rofl:

It's cool Josh man!!! We all have our favorites...I watched a lot of Wild games this season, and I just liked watching the guy play and learn the power forward position. Greenway still has a lot to learn in my opinion, but I think he's going to be a force if put in the right setting.

I'd love to see him here, because I think he gives us some serious "WHOA" factor.

It's not an awful proposal by any means, but the fact it includes (arguably) the Rangers top two right-wings makes it logistically uncomfortable. The post-trade solution, barring a free agent signing, would effectively be to move Kreider to the right (something I've already suggested should happen sooner rather than later anyway) and then hope and pray Kakko's much improved defense finally brings along some offense with it as the team's 2RW.

Panarin - Eichel - Kreider

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko

Blackwell - Strome - Chytil

Barron - Rooney - Gauthier

god. the more you look at this the more i think we should not have signed kreider.

also what did we get for strome?

also outside of barron.. whos knows what he will be that line is vanilla