• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

Except the fact that Wilson did take it easy on Panarin. He ragdolled him and slapped him around a bit. This wasn’t Carcillo vs Gaborik. The Buch part wasn’t a great look but Wilson was looking at the puck at first when they were going to the ice. The punch wasn’t necessary but don’t Jab at the goalie. We literally beg for anyone on our team for years to show that kind of protection. Then Wilson gets jumped (rightfully) but when u poke the bear you are going to get mauled. That’s just the nature of the beast.

I see hockey players grab someone from behind to drag them away from a teammate every game. Never have I seen anyone respond to that by punching the guys helmet off and then judo throw him head first to the ice. Never. Panarin probably saved his career by landing on the shoulder first.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see hockey players grab someone from behind to drag them away from a teammate every game. Never have I seen anyone respond to that by punching the guys helmet off and then judo throw him head first to the ice. Never. Panarin probably saved his career by landing on the shoulder first.

Legit you never saw anything in hockey like what happened ? Please, he didn’t pile drive him down head first to the ice. He wrestled him down forcefully. They were twisting the whole way. Panarin saved his career because Wilson stopped when he could have kept going. Just stinks that our best player now is out for the year with bruised tear ducts.

• Like 1

Legit you never saw anything in hockey like what happened ? Please, he didn’t pile drive him down head first to the ice. He wrestled him down forcefully. They were twisting the whole way. Panarin saved his career because Wilson stopped when he could have kept going. Just stinks that our best player now is out for the year with bruised tear ducts.

I'm guessing Panarin's reaggravated whatever lower body injury kept him out back in February.

• Like 1

Did you see the slow-mo video?

Its pretty clear. Slew-foot, hair pulling and his other hand is showed into Panarin's face to get full force when he slams him. No helmet and head first.

Ofcourse I've seen nasty plays before, but you made it sound ok to slam a player like that just because Panarin grabbed his back to make him stop punching the guy with his head on the ice.

Did you see the slow-mo video?

Its pretty clear. Slew-foot, hair pulling and his other hand is showed into Panarin's face to get full force when he slams him. No helmet and head first.

Ofcourse I've seen nasty plays before, but you made it sound ok to slam a player like that just because Panarin grabbed his back to make him stop punching the guy with his head on the ice.

I did but a slo mo video doesn’t mean a thing. It’s not a slo mo game. Canadian fans used to use slo mo videos to try and say Kreider ran Price yeats ago lol. Everything in slo mo looks 100x worse.

It's very clear to me that as Ranger fans we are more upset about all of this because we are all keenly aware that our team just cannot protect themselves and if the game gets physical our team is going to be embarrassed. To be honest Gorton and JD should be sweating their jobs just as much as Quinn. It's a complete failure by the guys constructing our roster to be so poorly prepared to what happened last night or the past week against the Isles. We have all known the problem and have talked about it ad nauseum before last night. Last night was what we all feared. Thank god Panarin still has a career and a life. But this could have been avoided I truly believe that. Tom Wilson is reckless every time we play them. Matt Martin too. There is a reason for that.

What's worse is that the NHL just called out the Rangers here putting the onus on them to respond. The statement is great but if that's the extent of the team's response they should just fold up camp and see us in September. The last thing we need right now is to be embarrassed again tomorrow night. This is not a healthy environment for our kids right now. Our identity is what? The pride in the logo is what? Terrible management.

• Like 1

I did but a slo mo video doesn’t mean a thing. It’s not a slo mo game. Canadian fans used to use slo mo videos to try and say Kreider ran Price yeats ago lol. Everything in slo mo looks 100x worse.

The NHL obviuosly came to the conclusion he did not pull his hair. There is no way he's not suspended for a long time if they thought he slammed him by pulling his hair. To be honest if he did not pull his hair it's hard to argue for suspension.

It's very clear to me that as Ranger fans we are more upset about all of this because we are all keenly aware that our team just cannot protect themselves and if the game gets physical our team is going to be embarrassed. To be honest Gorton and JD should be sweating their jobs just as much as Quinn. It's a complete failure by the guys constructing our roster to be so poorly prepared to what happened last night or the past week against the Isles. We have all known the problem and have talked about it ad nauseum before last night. Last night was what we all feared. Thank god Panarin still has a career and a life. But this could have been avoided I truly believe that. Tom Wilson is reckless every time we play them. Matt Martin too. There is a reason for that.

What's worse is that the NHL just called out the Rangers here putting the onus on them to respond. The statement is great but if that's the extent of the team's response they should just fold up camp and see us in September. The last thing we need right now is to be embarrassed again tomorrow night. This is not a healthy environment for our kids right now. Our identity is what? The pride in the logo is what? Terrible management.

Yes, lets blame the victims for not being prepared enough to be attacked in what was clearly a non-hockey situation instead of blaming the assailant. That seems super, super logical - obviously Tom Wilson couldn't possibly control his actions and had to bodyslam Panarin headfirst into the ice and punch Buch in the head twice while he's face down on the ice because nobody on the Rangers was going to stop him, and that's toughness.

Like, do you hear this? This makes NO SENSE. The Islanders are tough. Tom Wilson is a pussy. If you want to make the argument we're not tough enough to compete with the Islanders, sure. Using this incident as a barometer is like telling a mugging victim they shouldn't have been in that part of the neighborhood, or a rape victim to dress less slutty. It's just blaming the victim for the very controllable actions of someone who clearly went beyond the pale of reasonable - and to read into it further? It's not a hockey play. It has no place on the ice. Full stop - that's it.

Shit, there have been 10 game suspensions for what Wilson did to Buch, let alone what he did to Panarin.

• Like 2

Do none of you realize Wilson does not give a fuck who is on the team he is committing his offenses against?

May 28, 2018 - Wilson blindsides Marchessault - Ryan Reaves is on the bench and he does nothing

September 30, 2018 - Wilson headshots Sundqvist - Chris Thorburn is on the bench and he does nothing

March 5, 2021 - Wilson headshots Carlo - Trent Frederic is on the bench and fights him later in the game

The common thread: Wilson does what he wants, when he wants. He doesn't care who is in the lineup or on the ice. He will fight anyone thrown his way and pay whatever price he has to. He will continue cheapshotting and head shotting. The NHL discipline doesn't seem to work. The "in game policing" doesn't seem to work.

• Like 1

Do none of you realize Wilson does not give a fuck who is on the team he is committing his offenses against?

May 28, 2018 - Wilson blindsides Marchessault - Ryan Reaves is on the bench and he does nothing

September 30, 2018 - Wilson headshots Sundqvist - Chris Thorburn is on the bench and he does nothing

March 5, 2021 - Wilson headshots Carlo - Trent Frederic is on the bench and fights him later in the game

The common thread: Wilson does what he wants, when he wants. He doesn't care who is in the lineup or on the ice. He will fight anyone thrown his way and pay whatever price he has to. He will continue cheapshotting and head shotting. The NHL discipline doesn't seem to work. The "in game policing" doesn't seem to work.

When has anybody went after his teammates like he preys on other team's stars? To my knowledge it has never happened. Not all "in game policing" is challenging Wilson. That obviously doesn't work, I also believe because there isn't anyone but Reaves that can match his size and strength. However you can change him within his own locker room. There is no way Carlson, Backstrom, or even Ovi want to deal with a Reaves like guy targeting them. Sorry you are completely wrong here. You may not like it but Wilson and the NHL has left no other option, other than to submit.

When has anybody went after his teammates like he preys on other team's stars? To my knowledge it has never happened. Not all "in game policing" is challenging Wilson. That obviously doesn't work, I also believe because there isn't anyone but Reaves that can match his size and strength. However you can change him within his own locker room. There is no way Carlson, Backstrom, or even Ovi want to deal with a Reaves like guy targeting them. Sorry you are completely wrong here. You may not like it but Wilson and the NHL has left no other option, other than to submit.

The NHL has an absolutely, painfully obvious other option - fucking throw the book at him and stop letting a thug run your best players. As the Rangers and so many others have made abundantly clear today.

I guess we'll see, but I don't think the hockey code allows for that sort of thing. The players all talk about respect and all that, which targeting other players stars flies in the face of. Plus, going after their stars just escalates and puts your stars even further at risk.

Do we want to see Kakko or Laf get run tomorrow night after Blackwell goes after Carlson?

I guess we'll see, but I don't think the hockey code allows for that sort of thing. The players all talk about respect and all that, which targeting other players stars flies in the face of. Plus, going after their stars just escalates and puts your stars even further at risk.

Do we want to see Kakko or Laf get run tomorrow night after Blackwell goes after Carlson?

Wilson would do that anyway, so sure.

Wilson would do that anyway, so sure.

Great - so let's put Laf's career in jeopardy.

The bottom line here is the NHL should be doing the discipline here. They gotta keep this guy off the ice. The fact he was not considered a repeat offender in March was an absolute joke. It was his 5th suspension and he got 7 games. It should have been 40, a full season. Ridiculous.

The bottom line here is the NHL should be doing the discipline here. They gotta keep this guy off the ice. The fact he was not considered a repeat offender in March was an absolute joke. It was his 5th suspension and he got 7 games. It should have been 40, a full season. Ridiculous.

The argument is that it's already in jeopardy with Wilson running around unchecked by the league.

• Like 1

The argument is that it's already in jeopardy with Wilson running around unchecked by the league.

And my argument is running Backstrom doesn't fix that. They're (his team) not going to tell Wilson to stop running around. They'll just go after us even more. It's mutually assured destruction.

It's already in jeopardy any time Wilson is on the ice.

And my argument is running Backstrom doesn't fix that. They're not going to tell Wilson to stop running around. They'll just go after us even more. It's mutually assured destruction.

We don't know that. What we do know is that he doesn't respond to NHL discipline or the presence of other goons.